+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marijuana returned by police

and your little dog too

Default Marijuana returned by police

from nbc

DENVER - Monday Tim Haas went to the last place many marijuana users might go to get their stash back. He went to Denver Police headquarters.

And a strange thing happened. Police actually gave it back to him.

"It gives me my life back," Haas says.

His attorney says police confiscated Haas' marijuana a month ago. Robert Corry says Haas was simply using the marijuana for medicinal purposes as he is allowed to under Colorado law.

Through negotiations with the city, the two sides agreed it was best to return the half-ounce of marijuana back to Haas.

Haas says he has used marijuana for years to help him deal with chronic pain. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's something I need. It helps."

9News Legal Analyst Scott Robinson says technically the police did not have to return the marijuana. The drug remains illegal under federal law. In fact, this year the US Supreme Court ruled people who smoke marijuana for medical reasons can still be prosecuted for violating federal drugs laws.

Corry says Monday's action shows local agencies aren't willing to harshly prosecute small-time users.

"It's a message to people that Colorado's medical marijuana program is valid and viable."

t3hpurple0ne's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Marijuana returned by police

hmmm, not at all like that time i was in a car accident with my friend kelly (she was driving) and her stash and pipe were in the car (she was sober), when we went down to the police station to pick up our stuff that the cops recovered from the totalled taurus, they had given back her pipe and stash... sure they were wrapped up, but it was still obvious what it was by the smell... even really good pot still smells like pot.
    we laughed our butts off.

+ Reply to Thread