+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is totally sick

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default This is totally sick

Now there are all of these supporters of shooting looters in New Orleans, this is so fucking stupid....these people need food and clothes , all of this stuff is already written off, the city will be empty for months, the food will all go bad and they will have to level the city to rebuild anyway...let these people help themselves, it's less for the military to handle, they can help people who need it. Jesus christ..what is wrong with the world...people make me sick

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: This is totally sick

Nobody's talking about shooting the people that are taking needed supplies.

The targets are the people walking down the street holding plasma TVs over their heads.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

the mayor of N.O. said this earlier today...basically a martial law/shoot to kill order...

"We will not tollerate looting in NO, We will deal with it in the most unimaginable way possible."

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

you crazy southern folk and the second amendment

nuklear's Avatar Junior Member

Yea I heard the citizens robbed gun shops and are armed. Sure looting the grocery store is ok in this situation but I saw videos of people walking down streets with arms full of shoes and tvs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Nobody's talking about shooting the people that are taking needed supplies.

The targets are the people walking down the street holding plasma TVs over their heads.
    so fucking what? they are going to get ruined anyway...that place is a landfil now, and I guarantee you what those people have lost is way more then a plasma t.v.

do you think the buisness owners are gonna stand in the middle of a river running through there store and say this is still good *put it in a box* oh this has water stains *throw it away*.....naw

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    you crazy southern folk and the second amendment
    sorry to go off topic...

but KIlL, best avatar..Ever!...

That was just an example.

They're not going to bulldoze the entire state, not eveything is a complete write off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    do you think the buisness owners are gonna stand in the middle of a river running through there store and say this is still good *put it in a box* oh this has water stains *throw it away*.....naw
    A couple years ago, when the store I worked at had a fire and then was flooded by the sprinkler system, the next day, we were doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    sorry to go off topic...

but KIlL, best avatar..Ever!...
    again goin off toipc : I was just messing aorund with photoshop and it ended up prety cool so new avie lol

^^ he's right....

that staement i quoted,was about the dumb fucks taking TV's and shit....

people taking survival items arent bothered,at all....

okay well even say these people are stealing cars...you think it is okay to kill someone? I mean when I was 5 my mom taught me that two wrongs dont make a right

no not at all.....but given that it's basically martial law down there right now,it's bound to happen....

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

this is america.... and the 21st century....i thought it was common knowledge that we value material goods over human life?

anyways.... i shot a man in reno, just to watch him die. so there's no question i'd bust a cap over a tv.

i remember back in the 92 riots there were shop owners on the rooftops with rifles, it was a prety surreal sight

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    this is america.... and the 21st century....i thought it was common knowledge that we value material goods over human life?

anyways.... i shot a man in reno, just to watch him die. so there's no question i'd bust a cap over a tv.
    lol

Im not gonna cause a fight but I just think peoples priorities are askew

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    okay well even say these people are stealing cars...you think it is okay to kill someone? I mean when I was 5 my mom taught me that two wrongs dont make a right
    I guaruntee you that very few, if any are going to be killed. Only the ones that are deemed dangerous, i.e. the ones looting gun stores.

Most people will stop what they're doing at the sight of an armed squad advancing on their position and run. The ones who don't stop will probably take a hit to the leg, but those are the ones that deserve much worse because it means they're too stupid to be allowed to live.

ok heres a question, given the chance who here would take home a brand new plasma TV if you had a prety damn good chance of getting away with it? i know i would

ok heres a question, given the chance who here would take home a brand new plasma TV if you had a prety damn good chance of getting away with it? i know i would
    fuck yeah...but given the circumstances, id be looking for food and dry diapers

id be looking for whatever aint bolted down, and if it is bolted down id loot the hardware store for some bolt cutters

i woudn't....

there's no power...hell there's no fucking houses,haha...

if your talking about just any time...than still probally not....

i'm not much for stealing...

but somthing for survival is a whole nother story...

I'd be more interested in ensuring my safety and the safety of those around me.

It's the same attitude I had when I was at ground zero on 9/11.

im not trying to justify it or anything im just saying evryone likes free stuff, even free expensive stuff so if the oportunity comes about i can understand why someone would take advantage of it

ok when you attack old people at a nursing home thats gone to far it almost makes me take back my previouas statements

yea,if i saw somepeople kicling out a nursing home...i'd probally start shooting knee caps...

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

seriously.... who carjacks a nursing home van? i mean, i can see both sides of the situation, but that's when it just gets out of control

yeah thats total bullshit

My husband was told today that they're pulling out tomorrow morning to go help with the relief effort. The Navy's sending at least one aircraft carrier and 3 other boats to go help out.

And I agree that stupid people should be shot. There have been too many living lately. I mean, look at this:

"Once we get the 3,000 National Guardsmen here, we're locking this place down," Mayor Ray Nagin said. "It's really difficult because my opinion of the looting is it started with people running out of food, and you can't really argue with that too much. Then it escalated to this kind of mass chaos where people are taking electronic stuff and all that."

Why take electronics in the middle of a flood when there's no power? It's so they can take advantage of everyone else, and be selfish. If they're too stupid to drop the TV and run, then they should be shot. I think their priorities are skewed, don't you? Not the people trying to run them off. Who says you have to shoot to kill?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

this is just a symptom of how sick and materialistic our society is. it should clue you in that maybe something is wrong when people are putting survival aside for the slimmest chance of some sort of financial gain. another clue might be when we've had a police force for 200 years and yet it hasn't ever kept anyone from breaking the law, the soltuion: send it more cops instead of trying to take a look at the issues that cause crime in the first place.

the cause is a disease called accumulative wealth disorder. 2 out of 3 people are infected with it. crime is created when people are dependant on wealth for survival and cannot attain it through legal means. as much as they would like poor people and minorities and homeless people to do nothing and lay down and die, it's not going to happen.

to further prove my point, the mayor has recalled 1,5000 civil servants from search and rescue efforts and put them on police detail demonstrating once again that protection of property and real estate is more important than saving lives.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think people are just angry inside about the loss and destruction, and the "looters" are about the only thing they can lash out against. I lived in the South, I barely had enough money to get through the day. With gas as high as it is, I honestly would not have had the money to get terribly far out of the city in that traffic. Then what? I'd be stuck on the side of the road. So yeah, I probably would have stayed, and without power, yeah, I would have salvaged canned goods, water, and maybe even guns. But down there, some folks are just looking for a reason to shoot other folks. Like Pull~My~Hair said, the vast majority of the material property is gone, one way or another, and will be written off. Even if the gold watch is still in the store when the owner gets back, they are going to pocket it and write it off.

Besides, who is being called a survivor and who is being called a 'looter' is suspiciously drawn across racial lines.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Life sucks..you do what you need to do to get through, worry about the consequences when you cross that bridge.

Personally I think I would be the person heading up the "let's loot" campain.
    It's not as if there is too much choice, no ones gonna take your Visa/MC at the register. And I'm pretty sure the cash machine isn't anyones best friend now.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I think people are just angry inside about the loss and destruction, and the "looters" are about the only thing they can lash out against. I lived in the South, I barely had enough money to get through the day. With gas as high as it is, I honestly would not have had the money to get terribly far out of the city in that traffic. Then what? I'd be stuck on the side of the road. So yeah, I probably would have stayed, and without power, yeah, I would have salvaged canned goods, water, and maybe even guns. But down there, some folks are just looking for a reason to shoot other folks. Like Pull~My~Hair said, the vast majority of the material property is gone, one way or another, and will be written off. Even if the gold watch is still in the store when the owner gets back, they are going to pocket it and write it off.

Besides, who is being called a survivor and who is being called a 'looter' is suspiciously drawn across racial lines.

Blah, I wasn't being racist, and I could care less if the poster of what I linked was being racist, he was describing what he saw. Black or white, what they're doing is wrong. I can see why you'd loot a grocery store, but why in the hell force people out of a nursing home? People that can't help themselves had to be evacuated because they were threatened. I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Yeah, insurance covers stuff, and people will write off stuff, but people that make money off of tradgedies aren't really what I want to have around.

I can't blame them (the looters), I'd most likely have done the same thing. Those folks were totally fucking broke to begin with, and having what ever you did own get totally fucked up I'd have a "Get mine" attitude as well.

It's human nature, or so it seems.

class war

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Oh, I wasn't saying you were being racist Cheinara, I'm just saying that is a huge factor when it comes to Southern 'justice' and we should be careful what we condone. Sure, someone would make up some monsterous story about drowning babies to rob them of their shoes, but that doesn't make it so. I kinda think you'd have to be there to have a more realistic idea of what is really going on in the street. Our authorities should be focused on saving lives and helping suffering people, not shooting poor people. If we had enough troops, I'm certain order could be restored without too much violence, but we don't. So, I think the focus should be on helping the good people of the region first and formost. Let the Gators take care of the looters.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Oh, I wasn't saying you were being racist Cheinara, I'm just saying that is a huge factor when it comes to Southern 'justice' and we should be careful what we condone. Sure, someone would make up some monsterous story about drowning babies to rob them of their shoes, but that doesn't make it so. I kinda think you'd have to be there to have a more realistic idea of what is really going on in the street. Our authorities should be focused on saving lives and helping suffering people, not shooting poor people. If we had enough troops, I'm certain order could be restored without too much violence, but we don't. So, I think the focus should be on helping the good people of the region first and formost. Let the Gators take care of the looters.
    Yeah, but I have several first-hand stories coming to me from friends down there, and it is really bad. People firing at rescue helos and ambulances are getting flack for not "giving people a ride". It's sad. I can understand that there's frustation and the need to survive, but what I don't understand is all the stuff that's happening toward the *relief* people. I fear for my husband, since they've pulled him and his aircraft carrier (as well as three other ships) out of port to go down there and help. Hopefully the fresh water the ships will be pumping out will help, as well as the 7,000 or more military flooding in to the area to help with search and rescue. (btw, the Harry S. Truman can make up to 600,000 gallons of water from sea water...a day. Just some useless trivia that has now become important. )

it gets worse...again...

Live feed in New Orleans - you can hear radio chatter. While I've been listening I've heard:

-FEMA is trying to shut down a major supply depot; Zephyr field
    -Two officers have been shot, awaiting Medical Evacuation
    -Several helicopters are reporting receiving gunfire from citizens

-All available MP (Military Police) are being called to an unknown location to secure the perimeter.

http://ods.org:8001/scan

http://64.202.112.69:8080/scanner

You might need to switch between the two. Sometimes they go silent for a while. Pretty terrible stuff happening down there.

Looting in one of those things that hits people in a really visceral way. It is one of those things people react badly to like grave robbing. Right or wrong people react hard to it. It's not about protecting property as much as it's about protecting the perception of order. Looting is a sign things have gone around the bend and that scares a lot of people more than the hurricane ever could.

Add to this the fact that some of the looting is not the victimless crime it is presented as. Starting at the low end tearing out the storm shutters of a building increases the likelyhood the building will be damaged or destroyed by the storm (or the looters themselves). Working up to they are attacking the supplies others have put together to survive until they can escape. Finally you have the armed looters shooting at rescue workers or robbing people and in general hundred more guns hitting the streets. These are likely the minority of cases. Looting tends to be a crime of opportunity and most of the time they go for the path of least resistance, which means abandoned stores. The problem is a relatively small amount of real damage amplified by a notion that already upsets people is a cocktail for disater.

Our authorities should focus on rescuing people, but the sense of lawlessness causes panick and that never helps.

+ Reply to Thread