+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have an enormous boner (Underworld: Evolution)

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Default I have an enormous boner (Underworld: Evolution)

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: I have an enormous boner (Underworld: Evolution)

i didint realy like the first one but hey that chicks is prety hot so il go see this one to

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yummy...unlike many I loved the first one and eagerly await the second. Though images do that woman no justice...she is a true vision in the flesh.

I was pissed that their was an intellectual property dispute over the original though...as much as I can see why the Vampire: The Masqurade owners would be pissed it can easily be argued they "stole" just as much from well known mythology and books long in print.

Too much of their ideas they bitched over are simply standard cliche's from other genres with fangs (like the whole vampire council sillyness and clans...real original there guys...). Glad to see the series is heading to a 2nd and I think 3rd film also.

Loved the DVD's for the fist one.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

I'm more pisse dhow they ripped off Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Hell, it was a story written for Werewolf they ripp'd off...
    Ah, well. This Glass Walker is sneering already, but will still watch it if only for the cool crinos forms.

In my opinion, vampires are okay-- but werewolves rule the night.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

My issue with the owners of that RPG (who's hands it is in now anyway?) is that they never capitalized on the property...at some point you'll be beaten to the punch...Especially by Hollywood. The whole issue of who stole what always felt like their was a deal that feel through about who got what at the end of the day. The whole intellectual property aspect of it felt forced and a last ditch effort for a bigger cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    My issue with the owners of that RPG (who's hands it is in now anyway?) is that they never capitalized on the property...at some point you'll be beaten to the punch...Especially by Hollywood. The whole issue of who stole what always felt like their was a deal that feel through about who got what at the end of the day. The whole intellectual property aspect of it felt forced and a last ditch effort for a bigger cut.
    Still White Wolf. I dunno. They DID copyright or whatever it, and did sue, but I agree: They shoulda brought out a movie first. The gae was big and cool and profitable enough!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by skintwisterman
    Still White Wolf. I dunno. They DID copyright or whatever it, and did sue, but I agree: They shoulda brought out a movie first. The gae was big and cool and profitable enough!
    I'm sure they held the copyright to the story but you get so many tangled backroom deals about who owns what and how and who gets what (watch that amazing scene in Network to get a vibe for it) that it's hard to see this stuff as black and white.

White Wolf should have come out swinging instead of a limp and lame showing with their ill fated TV show years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'm sure they held the copyright to the story but you get so many tangled backroom deals about who owns what and how and who gets what (watch that amazing scene in Network to get a vibe for it) that it's hard to see this stuff as black and white.

White Wolf should have come out swinging instead of a limp and lame showing with their ill fated TV show years ago.
    Wait, they had a TV show?!

Why was I not imformed!?! I'm a fereakin' werewolf OBSESEE. I have *Every* werewolf book for the WOD and every splatbook for the rest (NPCs, baby)...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Wait, they had a TV show?!

Why was I not imformed!?! I'm a fereakin' werewolf OBSESEE. I have *Every* werewolf book for the WOD and every splatbook for the rest (NPCs, baby)...
    Meant their Vampire: The Masqurade line...sorry for the confusion. Be thankful they left their other properties alone. The less said about "Kindred: The Embraced" the better. The most god awful episode had to be their strange The Vampire Lestat meets Jesus Christ Superstar one. Holy hell was that insane...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I liked Kindred: The Embrace because it was fucking hillarious and had next to nothing to do with the game at all escept for the clans and yeah white wolf should have done more and since they have completely changed management from my understanding a movie might be in the works but yeah i though underworld was a blatant ripoff of thw whole white wolf WoD thing

I don't suppose any Werewolves shown up, did they? In Kindred?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I don't suppose any Werewolves shown up, did they? In Kindred?
    Honestly I don't remember but I doubt it. Stick to good werewolf stuff like Teen Wolf!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    ...but yeah i though underworld was a blatant ripoff of thw whole white wolf WoD thing
    One has to wonder if it would have been any better in their hands than it was in the group that made Underworld. Guess I'm too much of a fan to see the flaws though...it has my 3 favourite things.

The color blue.

Kate Beckinsale.

and Kate Beckinsale in a super tight outfit.

Everything else is just frosting and sprinkles.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Did somebody say Teen Wolf?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA...I forgot that scene. I gotta see that movie again.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Lets face it....I'll watch anything with Kate Beckensale wearing latex and shooting guns.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that movie was ridiculous. although the whole wherewolves meet vampires meet abbot and costello idea was pretty interesting the movie was filled with pointless shit. they could have easily cut an hour and a half from the movie that didn't have anything to do with forwarding the plot or even at least any gratuitous action/violence. and I hated the ending most of all, that was one of those movies that had a clear cut ending where everything is resolved and then they added some hokey ass five minute bullshit at the end to justify a sequel. although I guess I should be thankful for that since most movies just leave it resolved and then give no explanation on why the fuck the story is going on again until the next movie.

on that note sequels suck. there is no good movie that ever spawned more then 2 sequels and didn't end up sucking ass. and there's only a small handful of movies where even the second one was as good or better then the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    on that note sequels suck. there is no good movie that ever spawned more then 2 sequels and didn't end up sucking ass. and there's only a small handful of movies where even the second one was as good or better then the first.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

lord of the rings was one book that the publishers divided up. and as much as I do enjoy the films as a whole too, it's kinda hard to sit in a movie theater for 10 hours.

Nearly fourteen hours straight through when we watched the entire set on the extended DVD set. No Problem

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

sweet...she is hotness

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

i liked the first one, though a lot of people i know thought it was crap. didn't even know they were making a second one. can't wait to see it. my boyfriend or his mate will probably have it soon enough lol.

Howrangi's Avatar So how old are you again?

such a hottie. MMMMMMMMM NICE.

+ Reply to Thread