+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What have you spent on tattoos?

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Default Re: What have you spent on tattoos?

i spent about an hour and a half having mine done, but it was free 'cause the guy bought the design off me

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

ah ha! the secret society conspiring to keep rockwulf from getting a tattoo is... the priory of scion!

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    definately like a rockstar then :P
    Yeah, you shoulda been there for karaoke in Amsterdamn immediatly after the Cypress Hill concert...

Ahhh good times.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    One of my good friends from back in high school started working in a tattoo shop and he was setting up to give me a bunch of shit I wanted for free.

Then he got all fucked up on drugs, lost his job, went into rehab for a few months, just long enough to be diagnosed hard-core scizophrenic, and moved to a mental hospital where he proceeded to lose the rest of his damn mind.

He's a whole different person now and I can't even handle hanging out with him.

And now I lost a friend and I still don't have any free ink...
    Yeah I never promise free ink to anyone. Im too unpredictable to make promises

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Will do!...already started the first part. All I need is some idiot...umm I mean enlightened individual to allow me the use of their hair.
    Bet I could find someone! Lol, I keep the less intelligent ones around for amusement

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Yeah, you shoulda been there for karaoke in Amsterdamn immediatly after the Cypress Hill concert...

Ahhh good times.

can only karaoke neil diamond for some reason :P unless it was a karaoke that had some haredcore shit goin :P

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    can only karaoke neil diamond for some reason :P unless it was a karaoke that had some haredcore shit goin :P
    Well my group was like 20 people strong but we were just being goofy and acting the fool. It was our last night in Europe so we were going out with a bang....

I closed the night out with my little brother and 3 friends all up on the tiny stage at once singing "Ice Ice Baby" without even a hint of irony.....it was hillarious.

....and I can't believe I just admitted that....

i dont think this conversation can continue :|

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

(looks away in shame...)

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

yay! I cna Answer this one now, though it's gonna be the smallest not free number here. My first one was $60. It'll prolly be double that to elaborate on it. I'll have Rob take pics when he gets home so I can show you guys.
    K

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    yay! I cna Answer this one now, though it's gonna be the smallest not free number here. My first one was $60. It'll prolly be double that to elaborate on it. I'll have Rob take pics when he gets home so I can show you guys.
    K
    tis amazing in the difference in cost from america to england :-o

$60 is still roughly around £50 - which you would pay around about, for example, for the tattoo i have on my arm (pic posted previously).

tis one reason to live in england i suppose :P :P

WarszawaScream's Avatar Junior Member

So far I've only spent about $180... the orange star on my back (YES I have an OMG TRENDY! star) cost $80 and barely a half hour; the raptor claw on my left shoulder (self-designed!) was $100 and another half hour.

I have plans for two more, large ones this time: a phoenix and dragon design over most of my back, and then a Stargate-style Egyptian motif on my lower back. (Big Stargate fan; love the inorganic mechanical designs of the Egyptian stuff they did for the movie and the show.)

As far as piercings, only have my ears so far; I did my lobes myself; the helix in my upper left was $25, and the industrial in my right was $50. And the helix hurt more than the industrial. But the industrial, JEEBS the healing time on that sucked. Hard.

hey hows it? names shewolf and i just discovered this site a few weeks ago and heres alittle about me.
    i'm 27 am engaged with 3 kids and have been an ordained pagan priestess since i was 15 i love horror novals and movies,blood is sexy and my fave clothes are freak goth my own stlye. i lso love fantasy clothes and midieval stuff too my house is decorated in miieval decor.
    so send me somethin'.
    i have i tattoo its a pentical tribal between my shoulders and was free plus i have nine pierceings

Quote Originally Posted by blackshewolf
    hey hows it? names shewolf and i just discovered this site a few weeks ago and heres alittle about me.
    i'm 27 am engaged with 3 kids and have been an ordained pagan priestess since i was 15 i love horror novals and movies,blood is sexy and my fave clothes are freak goth my own stlye. i lso love fantasy clothes and midieval stuff too my house is decorated in miieval decor.
    so send me somethin'.
    i have i tattoo its a pentical tribal between my shoulders and was free plus i have nine pierceings
    heh welcome to the board! i havent seen so many errors since the hurricane help (ok ok bad joke ) either way hello and enjoy your stay

wolcome to the boards, everyone is friendly here so im sure ull get on fine

2 hours in the chair in Japan and I paid the lil guy about uhh 10,000 yen? Man I dunno I was a bit drunk at the time. So far only got that one tat, waiting until I find a shoulder or armband that I like enough to get. I HAVE to cover up those areas

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

i match up with keiko at 60 since, well, we have the same tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashender Wraithwalker
    2 hours in the chair in Japan and I paid the lil guy about uhh 10,000 yen? Man I dunno I was a bit drunk at the time. So far only got that one tat, waiting until I find a shoulder or armband that I like enough to get. I HAVE to cover up those areas
    i so want to go to japan lucky bastard, im really into the whole culture over there and im currently (slowly) learning japanese. but seen as im also doing a degree i dont have much time for it

on a side note if any one is up for tutoring me japanese ill be all smiley about it

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

lol - i can introduce myself, order a drink and swear like a docker (a friend of mine puts on gigs and there is a japanese guy in one of the regular bands who taught me to say bad things) but that's it. fancy teaching me? we can study together
    Last edited by vixta; 09-15-2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: i'm pissed up on booze...

i know very little but we can "study" any time you like :P

reubs's Avatar Senior Member

ive spent *thinks* about 20 hours in the chair and paid about $1200 (Australian) for my ink....and about $80 worth of piercings....get my piercings free now tho.

hey thanks but its kinda hard to type with kids screaming for you at the same time hahahaha! but anywho. laterz all!!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

OMG I GOT A NEW JOB YAY!!! now i can have money to spend on my tattoos! im hopefully getting my pixie tattoo sooon like within the next 2 months or so... my big brother is gonna do it (hes a wicked tattoo artist, i love him tons!!) and he quoted me about 110$ canadian... heh yah ill probly give him like 150$ or so... plus i gotta spend the money to take the ferry and greyhound over to him! yay for daytrips!!!

reubs's Avatar Senior Member

woohoo....cant wait for pics!! mebbe wen ur sendin em u should throw in a couple dirty ones too? lol

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

Not sure how much I've spent but I have about 16-18 hours worth of tattoos. Except for my very first one, I've always gone to the same artist and always tip her at least as much as what she charges me per tat.

Regretfully she moved to Hawaii this past year so now I'm in need of a new artist.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

My Paul Booth tattoo cost around $2,000.00 more or less... I think he gave me a deal on the price basically because I was topless!!! Heh! Heh!

I think it might have been a bit less than that, it took about a year, and I would pay $150 or $200 a session, but never more than once a month because he had to let it heal. But I am pretty sure he gave me a break on the price... God it is great to be blonde and have large breasts!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread