+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interview With The Recruiter.

Default Interview With The Recruiter.

I would have joined, and even was with the Recruiter in person, but I need more College Credits, and a Full Driver's Liscence.

That option is currently out.

Default Re: Interview With The Recruiter.

You don't need college to get into the Army. Why don't you have a DL?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Huh? Since when do you need college credits to join the Army?

The Recruiter said that starting Monday, people need High School Degrees, or College Credits, as G.E.D's are not being accepted anymore currently.

As for the Driver's Liscence, The reason for that is because: =I= TEXT INTERCEPTED BY THE INQUISITION =I=

most recruits get in right out of high school, unless you want to become an officer, then college is a requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Huh? Since when do you need college credits to join the Army?
    Next Monday, according to all the Recruiters.

High School Diplomas might still be accepted in some cases, or even most cases, but G.E.D Diplomas are currently not.

So sign up before Monday.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Oh well...you can always join the French Foreign Legion

ahh, a GED, hmm, but thought they took that as well as a Diploma, ah well, Govt bull at its finest again

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

last i checked you could still get in with a GED as long as you score prety high on the ASVAB(have you even take the test yet?) if you have a GED you need to score higher than you would if you had a real HIgh School Diploma. THe ASVAB aint to hard its all basic Reading and comprehension and the math section is basic Algebra and Geometry. I scored prety high on mine i had an overall score of 91 the minimum i needed to get in was like a 70 i think, the only thing that stoped me from joining the Air Force was a meddical condition that was a disqualification for me at the MEPS, said medical condition bars me from joining any of the armed forces except the Marines for some reason.
    I was even given the option of transfering all my paperwork from my Airforce Recruiter to The Marine recruitment office, however i declined because i doubt i have what it takes to be a Marine maybe if i was in better shape i would have taken the offer , But like i said im 100% sure you can get in with a GED as long as you do well on the AVAB i see no reason why they would reject you just for haveing a Good Enough Diploma.

I tried to take the test today, but they said that G.E.D's are currently not Valid, although they might be allowed in again later.

They said the reason is that most of the people are going in with G.E.D's, and as such they are trying to get High School Graduates, and College People currently.

I have almost all the credits that I need, but that is another symester or so before I can go and take the test.

when i took it they didint ask for my diploma, i was still in school and actualy skiped school one day so that i could go take the test. All they asked for was my ID and birth certificate

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    when i took it they didint ask for my diploma, i was still in school and actualy skiped school one day so that i could go take the test. All they asked for was my ID and birth certificate
    They asked for those also, as well as some other Documents.

Anyways, it seems awesome, but I don't have the Credits or Liscence yet.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Also, you don't need a driver's license, just a state ID card...

Same security check stuff, but you don't have to do the driving test, etc...

They basicly need it to just verify that you are who you say you are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Also, you don't need a driver's license, just a state ID card...

Same security check stuff, but you don't have to do the driving test, etc...

They basicly need it to just verify that you are who you say you are.
    yeah thats all it is, they just wana make sure you aint taking the test for anyone else, i beleive they also ask for a social security number to but thats it, Taking the ASVAB dosent necesarily mean youl be joining the armed forces i know people who took it just for fun beleive it or not. Th test itself means nothing its only used to evaluate what kinds of jobs youl be eligible to get assuming you move further into the recruitment prcess

oh also i forgot to ask who was this recruiter for? as far as my expericence whith them theyl prety much bend over backwards for you to enlist theyll usualy give you alternatives to what your trying to do

And as a general comment on this process, my same advice as before still goes.

If you want to change your life, you have to do certain things.
    You have to be the one to take action.
    If that means taking the ASVAB, or getting a driver's license. then that is what you need to do.
    If that is not an option, you need to do something else.
    But just posting that you failed at something, and looking for sympathy is not acceptable.
    There are a lot of people who started out in shitty situations who are not in them anymore.
    That's because they did something about it.
    How about posting when you *succeed* at something.
    Post when you have gotten out of your home.
    Post when you have gotten into the Army, etc...
    Then we'll give you three cheers.
    But until then, it just looks like more attempts at getting sympathy for your situation.
    Because you don't need advice from us on what to do.
    You know what to do.
    Get a driver's license, and take the ASVAB.
    Then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    oh also i forgot to ask who was this recruiter for? as far as my expericence whith them theyl prety much bend over backwards for you to enlist theyll usualy give you alternatives to what your trying to do
    Army?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    And as a general comment on this process, my same advice as before still goes.

If you want to change your life, you have to do certain things.
    You have to be the one to take action.
    If that means taking the ASVAB, or getting a driver's license. then that is what you need to do.
    If that is not an option, you need to do something else.
    But just posting that you failed at something, and looking for sympathy is not acceptable.

There are a lot of people who started out in shitty situations who are not in them anymore.
    That's because they did something about it.
    How about posting when you *succeed* at something.
    Post when you have gotten out of your home.
    Post when you have gotten into the Army, etc...
    Then we'll give you three cheers.
    But until then, it just looks like more attempts at getting sympathy for your situation.
    Because you don't need advice from us on what to do.
    You know what to do.
    Get a driver's license, and take the ASVAB.
    Then try again.

Wasn't seeking sympathy by making this topic. I was mentioning Progress.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Wasn't seeking sympathy by making this topic. I was mentioning Progress.

Making posts that scream "hey look I failed!" is not a good way to make progress in any form.

Learn from your failures...that creates progress.

Then why all the sad emoticons?

Tell us when you accomplish something, how about that?

Tell us when you smacked your lame family, and told them to fuck off.
    Tell us when you left.
    Tell us when you joined the army.
    Tell us when you got on a bus to a new city.

But don't tell us when you fail to accomplish these things.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

sorry guys, i think ya might be being a little hard on brightstar here... a fair few replied to his thread about joining the army, and i don't really think 'confused' 'eek' 'frown' and 'mad' are sad emoticons, more irritated. shit, he didn't write a 5000 word essay, just a short note. and where he put 'that option is currently out', i took that to mean until he had the relevant credits/licence. he tried, it didn't happen that time, he's kinda annoyed but got it out of his system in less than 35 words.

sorry, but c'mon... it's a little pedantic. if he'd taken forever going 'woe is me' then ok, but this was a total progress report with a hint of pissed-offness. hardly the stuff of melodrama.

well done for trying brightstar, go git your driving lessons sorted.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    sorry guys, i think ya might be being a little hard on brightstar here... a fair few replied to his thread about joining the army, and i don't really think 'confused' 'eek' 'frown' and 'mad' are sad emoticons, more irritated. shit, he didn't write a 5000 word essay, just a short note. and where he put 'that option is currently out', i took that to mean until he had the relevant credits/licence. he tried, it didn't happen that time, he's kinda annoyed but got it out of his system in less than 35 words.

sorry, but c'mon... it's a little pedantic. if he'd taken forever going 'woe is me' then ok, but this was a total progress report with a hint of pissed-offness. hardly the stuff of melodrama.

well done for trying brightstar, go git your driving lessons sorted.
    Hard on him? You're kidding me right? All here have shown great restraint in dealing with his behaviour and been far more kind than would ususally be the case.

No one is being melodramatic about it...but their is only so much good will, cheer, and help you can give a person that has no interest in using it.

Some people like their misery after all.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

the emphasis is 'hard on him here' it's a simple post that could have been turned into a melodramatic saga (although i appreciate that 'hardly the stuff of melodrama' could be taken to mean the replies, not the original post, sorry about that). look, i know BS has annoyed people, and i'm not defending every word he ever posted, all i'm saying is that he's hardly being an drama queen here, ok? he didn't put anything like 'not even the army wants me' in the subject line, just 'interview with the recruiter', so anyone who was interested in the subject of his potential new job would read it. he didn't say 'all my dreams and hopes are shattered and crushed like a frozen crocus under a spike heel', he said he didn't get in 'cause he needed a drivers licence and some college credits. the tone implied he would reapply once he had sorted this out. thats it.

i'm serious though - he took a step to changing his life, didn't happen this time but now knows what to do about sorting it out if he still fancies the fife and drum thang. i don't think this post was attention seeking, and i understand he's upset quite a few people, but surely the place to pick him up on things he's done to upset you is the thread where he did those things, you know?

that's my point. sorry and all.

It's a tough break brightstar. I hate to sound like a cheesey motivational speaker, but this is a chance to increase your value to the service before you go in though. If you need another semester anyway see if the recruiter can give you any advice for other skills to try to pick up on the way. The more attractive you can make yourself going in, the more they will give you.

It is a setback, but take as much advantage of it as you can. And good luck.

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

My little sister just got back from her yearly demolitions review/re-certification training.

Just how much fun CAN you have with 800 pounds of C4, Primacord, and claymores?

apparently, the way she talks about it: A lot.

As for recruiter issues, if the recruiter you're dealing with sucks, call another nearby recruiting station. A good recruiter will work hard (REALLY HARD) to get someone that's truly interestied in joining to join. I mean they will help you with nearly anything. if you're willing to sign up. (Unless there's something clearly wrong, like you're missing a leg, or an eye or something obvious.)

and if the army dont take ya, try the others, Marines are always looking for a few good men, I mean, they took Gomer Pyle didnt they?? and look at him now

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Z
    . A good recruiter will work hard (REALLY HARD) to get someone that's truly interestied in joining to join. I mean they will help you with nearly anything. if you're willing to sign up. (Unless there's something clearly wrong, like you're missing a leg, or an eye or something obvious.)
    thats mainly the reason i was proding so much i got the imresion from the original post that he just stoped and his recruiter did nothing didint mean to be rude or nothin

I am trying, but they said I need more College Credits, and a Full Driver's Liscence.

Aside from that, they would have signed Me up that week.

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

then ask about the Delayed Entry Program. You can start attending drills, and recieving training and pay (and knock off some time on your enlidstment comittment) while you're getting all the things you need together.

My little bro and sis went DEP when they were Juniors in Highschool, and got an entire year of their enlistment out of the way before they graduated from HS and then went to basic training.

+ Reply to Thread