+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Urgent Help. Im homeless by friday

Default Urgent Help. Im homeless by friday

as if our business situation couldnt get any worse..we have to leave our house by earliest this friday (latest a week from friday) so weve been scrambling to find a place to live. weve looked all over from Louisiana, to Atlanta, to phoenix and all over... we can find places but they are all being rented out to evacuees from new orleans. so finding a place right now is almost next to impossible it seems. weve only 600$ left to our name
    i guess im saying what i would never have thought id say
    HELP! lol

basically just asking you guys/girls if you know of anywhere that may be a possibility..good neighberhood, less than 1,000 a month. weve checked aparments.com and houses on the net..almost everything is being rented out already and fast. we cant even get ahold of many of the realtors because of the bad timing...
    so if anybody may have any word on what to do and where to go..it would be much appriciated.

thanks in advance..
    -voldtaengler

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Urgent Help. Im homeless by friday

where are you located? there arent a whole lot of people coming here (louisville) theres plenty of property available around here and the cost of living here is really cheap for a city of this size

currently living in wisconsin.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

awww...well i would say theres lots a nice cheapo places around here...by im way over in Oregon):
    good luck to you!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

thats kinda out of the way but if you can make it over here its a pretty decent place and like i said living is really cheap

Bedlamite

Well, I don't really know how to help. I know that there are plenty of places here in Western North Carolina, Rent is cheap, and you could get a variety of jobs to get you by while you decide where to settle. Try Ashville, its a town about an hour East of me...here is the link to its paper, as well as the local paper online. You should be able to get yourself into something....

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

http://www.thesylvaherald.com/

There are alot of people locally (small town) You may be able to convince to wave the deposit, if you tell them your story. Good luck darlin'!

Mother Superior

Here are 2 apartment complexes , you can get into for about 600 a month, possibly less due to specials. I don't know if you'd come to Michigan but it's a nice area . If you have any other questions I might answer for you, you can email at ; abigailtate@hotmail.com

BROOKDALE APARTMENTS
    22250 SWAN ST
    SOUTH LYON, MI 48178
    (248) 437-1223

PONTRAIL APARTMENTS
    549 LAKEWOOD DR
    SOUTH LYON, MI 48178
    (248) 437-3303

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Here in AZ theres a crapload of places! Here on our block alone in Tempe (college town, job prospects, great neighborhood!) Ive seen at least 4 for rent signs, and thats just down two tiny side streets. I know TONS of places looking to rent, problem is, in AZ 600 youd be hard pressed to find a house. Id recommend if you get down here, do a month to month lease on an apartment to get to know the neighborhood and see other options (I can recommend some great places and areas, and Im a bargain hunter, hehe). I can tell you three places right now that need help immediately.

Actually come to think of it, theres this old mansion type house thats split up into 4 apts. Im not sure how they work exactly, but looking through the window I could see band stickers left on doors, black and red tile floors, and a basement;] It was AWESOME. And cheap;]

Mail me at jaxfetish@yahoo.com if you would like any help or to know anything more. YOure leaving IL, Im getting ready to move there;[ That makes me sad.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

in knoxville,TN there's plently of areas with $400-$1000 rent APT.s....

the downtown is awesome....the area around teh apt.s isn't usually that great,but your never gonna be in danger or anything.....

i really hope you can geton your feet,bud...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Here in AZ theres a crapload of places! Here on our block alone in Tempe (college town, job prospects, great neighborhood!) Ive seen at least 4 for rent signs, and thats just down two tiny side streets. I know TONS of places looking to rent, problem is, in AZ 600 youd be hard pressed to find a house. Id recommend if you get down here, do a month to month lease on an apartment to get to know the neighborhood and see other options (I can recommend some great places and areas, and Im a bargain hunter, hehe). I can tell you three places right now that need help immediately.

Actually come to think of it, theres this old mansion type house thats split up into 4 apts. Im not sure how they work exactly, but looking through the window I could see band stickers left on doors, black and red tile floors, and a basement;] It was AWESOME. And cheap;]

Mail me at jaxfetish@yahoo.com if you would like any help or to know anything more. YOure leaving IL, Im getting ready to move there;[ That makes me sad.

phoenix is an option.. its where i used to live before i came here. my mom and sisters live there so least i'd have family i suppose
    when are you moving to IL? where to chicago area? too bad im not staying here longer i'd show you around (even though i need out heh..nothing good in IL anymore)

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

you could move here. most 2 bdrms are like 200.00 a month? and everything is cheap. thats why im not leaving anytime soon. lots of jobs too

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    phoenix is an option.. its where i used to live before i came here. my mom and sisters live there so least i'd have family i suppose
    when are you moving to IL? where to chicago area? too bad im not staying here longer i'd show you around (even though i need out heh..nothing good in IL anymore)
    Yep Chicago area;] Not sure, thinking in about two weeks heading out to either there or Philly, still trying to decide. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    you could move here. most 2 bdrms are like 200.00 a month? and everything is cheap. thats why im not leaving anytime soon. lots of jobs too
    heh 200 a month kinda scares me lol! nothing good is THAT cheap..but maybe there is.. who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Yep Chicago area;] Not sure, thinking in about two weeks heading out to either there or Philly, still trying to decide. Lol.
    well if by chance im still here when you come drop me a line and we can hang out and visit some neat places in chitown

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

thats bad news dude, id say theres pleanty of places here but it wouldnt do ya much good me being in england.

i hope u get this stuff sorted m8y, good luck to ya!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

heh 200 a month kinda scares me lol! nothing good is THAT cheap..but maybe there is.. who knows

well if by chance im still here when you come drop me a line and we can hang out and visit some neat places in chitown
    I defineately will;] Ill need people to keep me company, I hate being alone in a new big city.

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

south carolina has places!!

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

actually theyre really nice. im actually looking into some of them and im REALLY picky about stuff like that. and whats awesome is that alot of them include utilities. i so love it here lol

down here in My area, apartments go for as little as 350 to upwards of 1100 a month if thats any help,, but Im in Missouri

WarszawaScream's Avatar Junior Member

Well hey, if you can get to Long Island in NY, I know the guy across the street is renting out his apartment for about $750 a month... there's also complexes in Hempstead and Freeport that you can get for about the same; not the best neighborhoods, but it's better than nothing... do an apartment search on the zipcode 11793 and go for a 20 mile radius, you'll find lots of stuff.... been looking for one myself... good luck to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    down here in My area, apartments go for as little as 350 to upwards of 1100 a month if thats any help,, but Im in Missouri
    I know of a few in Arkansas that are based on income, but their church-run. You don't have to attend the church, just make sure you're ready to be buggered by old people. ;D

+ Reply to Thread