+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: awful movies

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: awful movies

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    Thats just my opinion ...I have a very odd way of rating a movie...
    I am a bit tough on some movies but my opinion on those listed still stand...They suck...

But its an opinion and opinions are like butt holes...Everyone has one...
    After reading your rather extensive list, all I could do is agree. (assuming you are refering to the RollerBall re-make)There was not one of those movies that I would consider watching a second time. And a great many of them, I wish I could get my time back after watching.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

The worst movie I have ever seen has got to be a shit wagon called zombie. Whom ever thought Nazi Zombies was a good Idea needs help.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Devil in the flesh...I'd totally do Rose but man that movie sucked

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    The worst movie I have ever seen has got to be a shit wagon called zombie. Whom ever thought Nazi Zombies was a good Idea needs help.
    Someone actually made a movie about Nazi zombies... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    I liked Buba Ho-Tep my GF at the time hated it its kind of different some people will like it some wont but if you are a bruce campbell fan i reccomend you see it.
    Thanks for the positive info. I just finished watching it and I was not disapointed at all. Old-man Elvis vs. the Cowboy Mummy... who knew?

evilassmaster's Avatar Exiled
    Brunswick, Maine... the other white bread

ever watch pre-war propaganda films?

those are pretty good compared to jeepers creepers

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Obviously none of you have seen this masterwork

Makes you appreciate those Michael Bay helmed explosion fests...

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

recently saw I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - pretty dumb movie with predictable plot and bad actors and lame plot..
    and the 'First one was a bit better but still pretty 'lame'..

Spuggy Doom's Avatar Junior Member

The Ring Two.

Every Nightmare on Elm street since the original, they got to be just poointless comedy to Me after the first

exile

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    Batman Returns
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire centauri
    ???
    I'm with -=Asmodeus=-, those middle Batman movies were lame. In my opinion the only good ones were the origional 'Batman - The Movie' (1966) and the first 'Batman' (1989), Adam West and Michael Keaton are the only batmen I acknowledge.
    And the recent 'Batman Begins' falls upon my okay list, pending further review when it comes out on video

note: just a few random thoughts about Batman, don't know if anyone else has any thoughts... or even cares for that matter.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I didn't really think the first Batman movie was that great either. maybe it was a little less flashy and packed fewer one-liners then the sequels but it was still cheasy. I'm still waiting for frank millers depiction of a brooding dark vigilante on the edge. the closest we've come to angst is a whiny socialite juggling between responsibilty for saving the world and how to get a date with his boyhood sweetheart; once he dawns the suit then it's back to straight out of broadway camp. don't get me wrong he get's the 'caped crusader' image, but I don't thing shakespearian fancy is terrifying to street thugs.

I actually found the part in Batman Begins before batman begins to be much more enjoyable. Once he actually became the hero I think the movie went downhill.

exile

i enjoyed the first two Batman films. I thought the latest one was pretty smart too, amply bleak but lacking the absurdity which for me makes the batman formula what it is. From the comic books, old cartoon series and TV. show to the Tim Burton movies there was always a circus aspect to batman. But I like it dark too; I agree with MG, I thought the opening to the new movie was more interesting than the actual caped crusader part.

Anyway i saw Batman Returns again recently (it was my favourite film as a kid) and i still reckon its a good movie. Granted its over the top, but that’s the whole point right? Its a super hero movie! Anyway the reason i like BRs so much is the carnivalesque theme, the whole movie is absurd, an army of penguins with missile launchers, a group of vigilante clowns, helicopter umbrellas! And i found the movie sufficiently dark as well, i think Michael Keaton is perfect as the forlorn humourless bruce wayne, overshadowed by pfeffier as a really sexy catwomen and Devito was great as the penguin, i also really like the character of Christopher Walken. All in all i thought it was a pretty cool film, dark and ridiculous, just the way I like it.

whatever way you look at it the batman series has had a pretty good run at it, most people would agree that 3 of the five films were at least tolerable, 3/5 ain't bad for a genre which is pretty hap hazardous..

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire centauri
    Anyway i saw Batman Returns again recently (it was my favourite film as a kid) and i still reckon its a good movie. Granted its over the top, but that’s the whole point right? Its a super hero movie! Anyway the reason i like BRs so much is the carnivalesque theme, the whole movie is absurd, an army of penguins with missile launchers, a group of vigilante clowns, helicopter umbrellas! And i found the movie sufficiently dark as well, i think Michael Keaton is perfect as the forlorn humourless bruce wayne, overshadowed by pfeffier as a really sexy catwomen and Devito was great as the penguin, i also really like the character of Christopher Walken. All in all i thought it was a pretty cool film, dark and ridiculous, just the way I like it.
    I see your point and it makes good sense to me, I suppose I was looking at the spectical part of the second film as a cover for simply trying to make money off the success of the first. However, the third and fourth movies clearly take that idea and run with it, its unmistakable that they were just attempts to milk the franchise for all its worth... I am really surprised they were able to get anyone to see Batman Begins,but some how we were all able to look past some stuff and hope for the best. So, anyway, after puting more thought into it I'm gonna pull Batman Returns out of the pit of despair and add it to the other good Batman movies. Thanks for the insight... now if you'll excuse me I'm going to spend a few hours laughing about Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Clifton_Fury's Avatar Member

Asmodeus...

A minor quibble... The remake of Dawn Of The Dead was quite good... especially the running zombies... And George Romero's own remake of Night Of The Living Dead... And Evil Dead 2 is sorta a remake... But the original Ring movies kick the remakes ass. just not the Korean TV series. That sucks.

You Got Served? You expected that to be good???

I think that if nothing else, this thread proves that there are far fewer good movies than lousy ones.

I rated the batman movies against the readings of the Batman Dark Knight Comics....

Joel Schumaker made a mockery of the franchise...His films are nothing like what the comics that the movies were based upon....The comics were dark and mythodical...The movies were cartoonish & WAAAYY too fantisized...

Batman Returns was a little better but still too much fantasy...And was still a little too cartoony to me...

Batman Begins by Christopher Nolan was directed more closely to the Batman Dark Knight Comics which was very dark, and mysterious...Also Nolan did not carve up too much fantasy stuff....

I dunno if this makes any sence to anyone else but I cant think how to precisly get my thought across...

Personally I consider myself to be a big Batman fan, have been since birth I think. And I have not enjoyed one single Batman movie as a whole. They take too many departures from the history of the characters, and they have not managed to cast one decent Batman.
    If I had to say one good thing about all of the movies, it would be this..Danny Devito was born to play the Penguin.

Who knew there were so many Batman buffs amongst the Blue Blood ranks.

exile

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Danny Devito was born to play the Penguin.
    wonder what he'd think of that!

Spider-Man 2

I'm sorry, but they were taking Superman 2 (a somewhat troubled sequel itself) and trying to make it better by having Peter Parker rather than Clark Kent going through the same situations sans sleeping with Mary Jane. That was the least of the problems with the movie.

The thing dragged so much it wasn't even funny, and plus the diagloue was always pausing and always trying to search for inner meaning; if you want inner meaning, especially in a movie like a superhero movie, make it simple. That's what I appericate (as cheesy as it can look) about Superman 1, everyone's diagloue was made simple but funny and/or serious at the same time without dragging the movie.

Another reason it's the worst is that even the ACTION sequences dragged. From what I understand, there were about 20 or so editors in this movie; seems to me they didn't do enough to cut down the action and what they left in wasn't even good action.

That so far has been the worst movie I've ever seen.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton_Fury
    A minor quibble... The remake of Dawn Of The Dead was quite good... especially the running zombies... And George Romero's own remake of Night Of The Living Dead... And Evil Dead 2 is sorta a remake... But the original Ring movies kick the remakes ass. just not the Korean TV series. That sucks.
    i was hugely disappointed by the dawn of the dead remake, partially because the running zomies weren't really used except for interesting visual effect (and i preferred the kick ass zombies in 'versus' for that) and then because they changed the way zombies were formed from plain reanimated corpses to 'you will only be a zombie if you die from a zombie bite', which i found a ludicrous concept as it negates the 'en mass' feeling that you get with romeros' films. evil dead 2 is only really a remake for the first 10 minutes - it's then ash's struggle with the demon within before the professors daughter and her friends turn up.

but i agree wholeheartedly about the ring remakes. i went to see the first one and found it interesting that everyone who hadn't seen the original liked it but all of those who had thought it was a half baked pile o'crap. turning sadako into 'sumara', throwing in some horsey deaths and all that toss about 'when you die you see the ring...' was coming close to sacrilege in my sad little world, because the original trilogy is an amazing piece of work. all because so many people are scared of subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Howrangi
    It would have to be Blue Velvet. even thou a girl is naked in it it SUCKED.
    I enjoyed Blue Velvet...but then, I have a director- boyfriend who is OBSESSED with David Lynch, so it's kind of influenced my view.
    I really don't get to watch a lot of really bad movies. Hated most of the Star Wars movies....and the Matrix. Worst movie I've ever seen was those Bill and Ted movies. Eh.

Oops, fucked up my grammar. Sorry. Worst movies I have ever seen were those Bill and Ted movies.

Bill and Ted 1 was better than two, it's still a crappy movie on it's face (which itself is partly a rip-off of Doctor Who).

Quote Originally Posted by matthew2001
    Bill and Ted 1 was better than two, it's still a crappy movie on it's face (which itself is partly a rip-off of Doctor Who).
    Which was the first one..I can't even remember. I actually own one of them....sad, isn't it? Then again, I have Con Air, as well.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was the first.

I can't figure out Con Air. Kinda losses it's appeal in a post 9/11 world.

I didn't understand the Ring too much. Nor the Grudge. What are the differences between their originals and the new ones?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

there really isn't that much of a difference between the ring movies. I'm pretty sure myself and someone else has mentioned all the differences. I think they both kind of sucked and really only purests that like poorly made indie films just because they are indie think that the original is better. the whole thing is pretty stupid- if the girl died in the well why is her lifeforce manifested in a video tape? that has nothing to do with any aspects from her life or death. and if she can come through the tv upon watching the video tape not to mention call you on the phone, why can't she escape from the well on her own? it doesn't make any sense, and from what i've seen it never gets any more clear, just more stupid and repetitive in the sequels.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

fear dot com sucked arse too....

I find that just like David Lynch movies, stuff like "The Ring" can be headache inducing when it tries to explain it's own logic. The difference is that it's much more fun (sometimes) with Lynch movies.

Anyone been to his site lately?

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    there really isn't that much of a difference between the ring movies..
    erm, there's a hell of a difference in plot, tone, effects...

the whole thing is pretty stupid- if the girl died in the well why is her lifeforce manifested in a video tape? that has nothing to do with any aspects from her life or death. and if she can come through the tv upon watching the video tape not to mention call you on the phone, why can't she escape from the well on her own?
    right, sadako is a powerful psychic who has been shut down the well to die. because of her 'powers' she manages to survive down the well for about 30 years, during which time the hotel park was built on the site, and during which time she cultivated a lot of rage.

the phenonomon is only reported after her death, suggesting that in death she captured her rage on a video tape in the hotel cabin that had been built directly above the well, a bit like spirit photography. in the japanese trilogy, the phone only rings after watching the tape when in the room directly over the well where she died. it's all to do with transferance of energy as discussed in the mental hospital scenes in ring II. she can't escape from the well at this point because she's dead. the tape does have connetions with her life and death, including the first two syllables of her name, the last thing she sees (her father putting the cover on the well), the details of the volcano her mother predicted (which is how her mothers talents became known to Dr. Ikura), a hooded figure on he coastline she grew up near and the well she was emtombed in.

i found the sequels explained an awful lot, both about how it was possible in the second and about sadako in the prequel. i do concede that there's no real reason given for her not trying to escape the well before she died. though to be honest, i really didn't like the way the remake made the hotel park self conciously creepy and the shrivelled damp corpse way they presented 'sumaras' victims. that got my goat a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicQueen
    Oops, fucked up my grammar. Sorry. Worst movies I have ever seen were those Bill and Ted movies.
    Not arguing with you at all, I just like to point out whenever possable that I went to the highschool where they filmed the first movie and have been to the featured waterpark several times. *raises both thumbs and turns them toward himself*

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

One-Hour photo... sure Robin Williams was a bad guy.. but even the short-bussers were like "All Right enough, lets have something happen..."

I would rather watch my grandmother shave with rubber razors then watch that again

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Not arguing with you at all, I just like to point out whenever possable that I went to the highschool where they filmed the first movie and have been to the featured waterpark several times. *raises both thumbs and turns them toward himself*
    Congratulations. You seem very excited about that.

exile

ahh...Castaway was god awful shite too...

Exiled

MY Favourite movie is "Guinea pIG", in which basically a lot of phillipino boy gets fucked by adult occidental men, specially from the netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea_worm
    MY Favourite movie is "Guinea pIG", in which basically a lot of phillipino boy gets fucked by adult occidental men, specially from the netherlands.
    ReTaRd

Why dont people read what the whole post is about before starting their reply??

+ Reply to Thread