+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is it so hard to keep things at a PG rated level on the internet?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Why is it so hard to keep things at a PG rated level on the internet?

Why is it so hard to keep things at a PG rated level on the internet? BlueBlood.net is a PG site. You won't find nudity in the articles, but you will find mature subject matter and links to sites which may feature nudity. You won't find pictures of dead bodies, but you might find a few four letter words. You won't find nudity or four letter words on the banners, but you might find links to challenging content.

But I constantly get people either whining that we are too sex-positive or I get people trying to submit banners with adult content.

PG people.

Not G. This is not a site for first graders.

Not X. I like naked people and sex, but I like to be able to have a conversation about something besides sex too and I don't think people should have sexual material pushed on them.

I used to lay out the catalog for Diamond Comics and most stuff was all ages and then there were comics for Adults Only. BlueBlood.net is not an adults only site. As I recall, Diamond had a rating in between the two which was Mature Audiences. Of course, every person has to make their own judgements based on their personal values and all, but I see BlueBlood.net as a mature audiences site.

Why is the concept of mature but not necessarily adults only a concept which exists commonly in most media from movies to comics, but it difficult and rare online?

Default Re: Why is it so hard to keep things at a PG rated level on the internet?

Was my thread pulled???

Default Re: Why is it so hard to keep things at a PG rated level on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    Was my thread pulled???

No, it was moved to the erotica forum though. Which is adult only. Far from the only Amelia-rant trigger, but it contributed a little. I know you didn't mean any harm by it and your question is totally interesting and appropriate to the extra mature forum.

Where is that forum
    Can ya gimme a link

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

If you are looking for the Erotica post area, you can click the 'Blue Blood Boards' link in the upper left portion of the forum (below Profile and Register), or there is a dropdown list of places to go near the bottom of every thread, just above the quick reply box. You can also find your threads that may have been moved, by looking at your own profile for threads you've started. The link will stay accurate there as well. Hope that helps.

Forrest-

+ Reply to Thread