+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marriage & Children

Mother Superior

Default Marriage & Children

I was married for quite a long time and the funny thing is that I am basically really tight with my ex even now. We were just better suited as friends not lovers i.e husband and wife. We never had any children. I was pregnant, and miscarried, we all have our sad story. I was wondering how you feel about marriage and children as a possibility in your future. Is it too soon to tell? Out of the question? A waste of time? You tell me. If you did get married what type of ceremony would you have?

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Default Re: Marriage & Children

i am married to the sweetest guy in the universe - as for kids... no. i found out i was six months pregnant when we had been going out for 12 weeks - too late to have an abortion, but i was pretty fucked up at the time so he went up for adoption. which is why none of my family talk to me anymore.

i was also a week late this month - we had a lot of discussions but thankfully it was a false alarm. but in the combined fragile mental state of stuart and i, kids are out of the question for at least ten years, if not twenty.

the whole story is kinda funny if you look at it from the right angle although 'emmas diary' was hilarious, this prozac smily woman and her pregnancy from conception to last shag to stimulate 'oxytocin'. i ain't making this up.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i've been married ten years, almost 11. we have five kids. 4 girls,1 boy. it's been a rollercoaster ride. we did'nt plan to have 5 kids just worked out that way. jas and i are friends first that's why we work so well together. people always say we look like we belong together.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Rob and I have been together for 4 years now. Way back when we first got together we planned on marraige because we had one of those "broken condom" incidents. 4 mos into the pregnancy (3 mos b4 the nuptials), the Dr. found a large cyst on baby Phoenix's neck. We had to induce a miscarriage. Since then Rob and I have decided that we'll wait till Im ready to retire from "Showbiz" (like 6 yrs) to have kids. W're pretty sure that a trip to Vegas or the JP will happen before then. Untill then, it's just not practical to have kids.
    K

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Marriage is an option. But I will never have kids. My health is and will be a bummer for a long time and I can't chase after even one screaming kid, 24/7. I wouldn't want to pass on genetically any of my health problems either. Plus I'm selfish: I want to just pick up and leave anytime I want, I want my sleep, I want to travel, I can't stand wailing, crying, or screaming kids, I love my privacy & silence if/when I want it, and I have enough headache cleaning/picking up after my housemate(s).

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I might get married though it would be up to my future girlfriend. But I don't want kids right now. My mom can't bitch about grandkids, my sister has given her two of those for her annoying pleasure. But since I don't have a girlfriend to even discuss this course of action. I just leave it at that.

Ive been with Cyn for a couple of months, its to soon for us to get married. Future waise, I would love to get married and have 1 or 2 kids. I would like to have a Sinister Wedding (God Not Included)

Morgue1313's Avatar Senior Member

I was actually planning a wedding not too long ago. My ex left me in January, right after dating for a year and being best friends for over 4 years. We were living together, and we had rings and all that fun. Before him I hadnt wanted to ever get legally married, maybe a commitment ceremony, but NOW I would like to get married someday.

No kids for me though. Atleast not out of me, I wont say that I wont want kids, but I WILL NOT give birth. My sister was almost bedridden with her pregnancy and my health is generally a lot worse than hers. And right now I love the freedom. Exactly what GoneSavage said basically.

Oh and for a ceremony, how cheesy but I would love a Samhain wedding. Gothic or medievil style.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Before I die, I want to have a child...I just think I would feel more complete... and I love kids...Marriage is not crazy important to me, but finding a lifelong companion is... so if we did get married, I would like to have a beautiful peaceful wedding on the cliffs in Palos Verdes (a beautiful beach town near LA)...nothing too fancy with just close friends and family.

eddy's Avatar Junior Member

I've been married 5 years now. It's never boaring! I love it.

+ Reply to Thread