+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 US troops dead in Iraq...

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default 2000 US troops dead in Iraq...

since May '03.... that seems like a lot but http://www.iraqbodycount.net/ estimates over 26,000 iraqi civilians dead...

2000 doesn't seem as large a number then...

I think about 45,000 people die every year in the US just in automobile accidents...

it's pretty sad that we cant even kill as many enemy combatants and helpless civilians with our bombs, as we do to eachother with our cars. I mean wtf is that all about. Maybe we dont even need bombs, lets just put a bunch of moms in minivans around Iraq... much more effective killing technique.

ugh, we're all gonna die.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: 2000 US troops dead in Iraq...

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood

it's pretty sad that we cant even kill as many enemy combatants and helpless civilians with our bombs, as we do to eachother with our cars.

Let me get this straight...you're complaining about one death toll by complaining about another. So too many are dead in one and not the other?

In terms of these Helpless Civilians...and I know this will piss off a few here but what I say is true...

Not all the civilians were killed by the U.S.

You can feel free to call me a Republican Supporting Warmonger cause after all it is your right to do so.

Between car bombs, assassinations, good ole fashioned shootings. executions, and the always fun Enemy Combatants looking like normal every day people and fighting in an amoungst normal every day people...yeah you're gonna have a lot of civilians ending up pretty dead...from both sides fighting.

Add to the number padding both high and low (nothing exists to get a 100% accurate number of civilian losses) and the fact civilians killed in the war are 99.9% blamed on americans...even some who were oddly enough dead before the war cause you know all U.N. sanctions that magically France, Germany, and Russia got around pretty easy wiped out what...a billion people? Yeah A billion sounds right. That's a good number. Rolls off the tounge.

If I sound dissmissive it's cause I am. Death tolls only go up. They don't go down...ever. None ask what consitutes a civilian death in a warzone...cause even their car accident numbers are used as statistics for civilians death tolls.

If you want to get into a mini statistics debate you'll find that many are padded, many are insane when compared to one another, and my favourite...they're beautiful lies not because the numbers are wrong but due to bad comparisons they seem worse than they are. Like drug deaths compared to say drowning deaths in certain parts of the country or how murders in one major city are nothing compared to those who die of natural gas related accidents.

Ah statistics...fun stuff.

exile

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Not all the civilians were killed by the U.S.

Between car bombs, assassinations, good ole fashioned shootings. executions, and the always fun Enemy Combatants looking like normal every day people and fighting in an amoungst normal every day people...yeah you're gonna have a lot of civilians ending up pretty dead...from both sides fighting.

Add to the number padding both high and low (nothing exists to get a 100% accurate number of civilian losses) and the fact civilians killed in the war are 99.9% blamed on americans...even some who were oddly enough dead before the war cause you know all U.N. sanctions that magically France, Germany, and Russia got around pretty easy wiped out what...a billion people? Yeah A billion sounds right. That's a good number. Rolls off the tounge.

If I sound dissmissive it's cause I am.
    statistics...
    a hell of a lot of people are dead in Iraq because of GWB's crusade for oil there. This is indisputable. If there is a civil war, it is because of the American Army's heavy handedness.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    ugh, we're all gonna die.

Thank goodness, there are far too many of us to begin with.

exile

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Thank goodness, there are far too many of us to begin with.

well what with AIDS,natural diasters and the flu Virus...

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

It's a good start

Reminds me of a quote by Prince Phillip
    "In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire centauri
    statistics...
    a hell of a lot of people are dead in Iraq because of GWB's crusade for oil there. This is indisputable. If there is a civil war, it is because of the American Army's heavy handedness.
    Yeah cause that's what it's all about right? Oil...not the fact you have religious fundementalists who's life mission is to kill as many infidels as possible. Those guys are ok...cause it's what they do.

If this was only about Oil their would never have been a war or sanctions...France, Germany, Russia all set up backdoor oil deals...as did other nations through a grand convoluted mess that got much of that black crude gold out of Iraq all through the 90's.

For a nation that likes to bitch about wars for oil it sure as shit hasn't stop any...even the most "hardcore" to stop using it...in any of it's many beautiful forms.

I honestly wish it WAS about oil...go in...take it...and leave the rest to kill each other off at a time convenient. At least then one could say their is a hard and tangible gain...a vast oil feel that will save the millions of square miles of Alaskan wildernees that no one will ever visit or see cause it's A. In Alaska and B. Dangerous as fuck to travel there.

Don't start wars for Oil...don't drill for oil...yet even those agaisnt it use as many porducts made from crude oil as everyone else. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS PEOPLE!!!!!!...

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

******NEWS FLASH*******

The war is, was, and always will be started, fought, won, lost, refought, argued, and developed by HUMAN BEINGS....

Just because we have to lay the blame on some group or someone, doesn't take away from the fact that HUMAN BEINGS war each other.. .

I hope everyone realises that if all the Non-human life on this planet got together and grew a thumb.. and decided to go after us.. we would be triple-strength'd Thrashed to extinction...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    ******NEWS FLASH*******

The war is, was, and always will be started, fought, won, lost, refought, argued, and developed by HUMAN BEINGS....
    Obviously you've never seen two ant hills duke it out.

They are doing that for survival... however you don't see them writing up treaties then pissing on them.. just so that one side can oppress (and yes you can opress people, when your intentions are good.. the other... or so one side can impose their beliefs up on the other

Hula Hoop Supervisor

We do the same thing...out of survival. Though ants also do it out of opportunity and given I can't speak ant I'm not too sure about the treaty part.

But given their are ants out there who can eat a person alive I wouldn't take away their sadistic nature away just yet.

Touche

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

siafu ants are the shit. i want to be reincarnated as an ant and just follow chemical trails my entire life.

jack jumper ants are pretty cool too

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yeah I saw a great documentary on em a few weeks back...amazing creatures.

+ Reply to Thread