+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why doesn't Blue Blood lock threads after I post something inflammatory?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Why doesn't Blue Blood lock threads after I post something inflammatory?

I'm not going to lock any of the threads right now because I want the community to organically come to closure on it. I am not going to artificially give someone the last word because I happen to agree with them or work with them or enjoy their posts in the Community.

I think it is rude and cowardly for anyone to post inflammatory opinions in a thread and then complain that the tone seems to have become upsetting. Don't set fires if you don't like flames.

Mirren's post is dead-on. The idea is to have this be a place for kindred spirits. I can very truthfully say that I am not even microscopically prejudiced on the basis of race and find that sort of prejudice unsound and baffling in so many ways. But I am biased on traits ranging from what outfit someone wears to many other aspects of how they present themselves.

I feel like TheDeathKnight and Funkatron made a good effort to try to discuss the actual issues. To the extent that some people couldn't actually engage them, choosing to instead flame randomly or bow out, I think that speaks volumes about the depth, or lack thereof, of their convictions.

I think the original bump where Jax had ItalDvl post to give Host some helpful advice was just that, helpful. That post should have gotten a thank you and not a long discourse about his politics.

I'm not sure which aspect of this hot button conversation was Tequila Zaire's personal hot button, but my impression was that it was the conversation between Sun Karma and Jax. I do not think OEC was reading it wrong. However, Sun Karma and Jax have made peace with each other, so I don't think it is necessary for anyone else to be super pissed off on either of their accounts. (By the way, both hotties are going to be in the next issue of Marquis. Whoo-hoo! Sexy pictures. Happy happy. Remember to breathe.)

Now go forth and start threads about things which don't make you hyperventilate.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Why doesn't Blue Blood lock threads after I post something inflammatory?

Like Hotrod Zombies? 'cus i mean....that's sexy shit ...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Why doesn't Blue Blood lock threads after I post something inflammatory?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I'm not going to lock any of the threads right now because I want the community to organically come to closure on it. I am not going to artificially give someone the last word because I happen to agree with them or work with them or enjoy their posts in the Community.

I think it is rude and cowardly for anyone to post inflammatory opinions in a thread and then complain that the tone seems to have become upsetting. Don't set fires if you don't like flames.

Mirren's post is dead-on. The idea is to have this be a place for kindred spirits. I can very truthfully say that I am not even microscopically prejudiced on the basis of race and find that sort of prejudice unsound and baffling in so many ways. But I am biased on traits ranging from what outfit someone wears to many other aspects of how they present themselves.

I feel like TheDeathKnight and Funkatron made a good effort to try to discuss the actual issues. To the extent that some people couldn't actually engage them, choosing to instead flame randomly or bow out, I think that speaks volumes about the depth, or lack thereof, of their convictions.

I think the original bump where Jax had ItalDvl post to give Host some helpful advice was just that, helpful. That post should have gotten a thank you and not a long discourse about his politics.

I'm not sure which aspect of this hot button conversation was Tequila Zaire's personal hot button, but my impression was that it was the conversation between Sun Karma and Jax. I do not think OEC was reading it wrong. However, Sun Karma and Jax have made peace with each other, so I don't think it is necessary for anyone else to be super pissed off on either of their accounts. (By the way, both hotties are going to be in the next issue of Marquis. Whoo-hoo! Sexy pictures. Happy happy. Remember to breathe.)

Now go forth and start threads about things which don't make you hyperventilate.
    My conduct was still beneath the standards I set for myself. I apologize to everyone, including Jax. I think she is a very intelligent young woman.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm not sure which aspect of this hot button conversation was Tequila Zaire's personal hot button, but my impression was that it was the conversation between Sun Karma and Jax.
    Yeah what a prick that guy was. Bastard.

Though the Sun Karma/Jax thing wasn't it. I came late to the party on that bit.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

And you should hear what the mall elves have to say on the matter.

Seriously, can you email me privately at amelia [at] blueblood.net with which thing really bugged you because I'd like to keep an eye on potential problems.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

And you should hear what the mall elves have to say on the matter.

Seriously, can you email me privately at amelia [at] blueblood.net with which thing really bugged you because I'd like to keep an eye on potential problems.
    Sure thing. I'll do it right after lunch at that.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

if you can't swim, you're bound ta drizown.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I like to hyper-ventilate.. wait.. that is not a good thing?

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Honestly, it wasn't between me and Jax, Amelia. I wasn't talking to her directly, and have nothing at all against her. I was speaking about what I thought Death Knight has said..but really it was someone else...waaay back in the thread. He was commenting on it. I have nothing against Jax, and never will. I think people PERCIEVED it as that way..but I wasn't bashing her, and I think she may have TOOK it that way, but that was not the case. I was addressing the topic in general. The only thing I may have against her is that she has more tattoos and piercings than me, and that is a jealousy issue
    But anyway...I bear no hate nor ill will towards anyone. It is a waste of energy.
    Yeah, and look for us both in the next issue of Marquis!

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

I agree, as usual, with you TZ...I don't know what it is either..but it wasn't between me and Jax. Although it seemed that way...

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    My conduct was still beneath the standards I set for myself. I apologize to everyone, including Jax. I think she is a very intelligent young woman.

OEC
    You know, I meant to ask you...do you really have a one eyed cat..and how does it have any depth perception? How did he/she lose its eye?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    You know, I meant to ask you...do you really have a one eyed cat..and how does it have any depth perception? How did he/she lose its eye?
    That's my cat in the photo. That's a good question as to depth perception, although her agility shows it to be acute. Ugh, off to another week of hell (law school) Have fun.

OEC

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    if you can't swim, you're bound ta drizown.

as we of the Subgenius faith say:

'If will ye not "Bob", then surely will ye SINK!'
    Last edited by sheramil; 11-03-2005 at 09:48 AM. Reason: i have conjunctivitis! cut me some slack!

the bomb diggity, word

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    Like Hotrod Zombies? 'cus i mean....that's sexy shit ...

whatabout hotrod skeletons wearing torn-up punk garb... (the kind of skeletons that are all badass and have mohawks and neat things of the like)

pixina's Avatar resident mud wrestler

wow what did i miss while i was away?!?!?

+ Reply to Thread