+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The most physically painful moment of your life?

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: The most physically painful moment of your life?

i remember getting allergy tests when i was like 8... not up my nose though... i had 1 to 100 numbered on my back in rows, and they poked me with neeeedles. i dont remember it actually hurting or anything... but it was really annoying.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Well, most people think this was the most painful moment for me, but in all actuality it didn't hurt very much. One day when I was 16, I was being dumb and stupid and basically got my middle finger cleaved in two from tip to first joint by a lawn mower. I was mowing someone elses lawn when it happened and walked back home to clean the wound and put a band-aid on it and go back and finish mowing the neighbors lawn.

My mom freaked out and drove me to the hospital (which, of course, was a better plan than mine).

The doctor said I had shattered the bone in the tip of my middle finger and cleaned the grass and smaller bone fragments out of the wound. He warned me that there was a good chance they may have to amputate the top of that middle finger. Luckily, I still have my middle finger, though I rarely use it.

When they injected the anesthetic to clean the wound was more painful than the actual creation of the wound.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

hmmm, my painful experiences seem like nothing comparedto everyone elses.

1- when i was about 6 or 7 i was playing with my nana's perfume. nothing was coming out of the bottle so i decided to look and see what the problem was = perfume in both eyes, thought i was gonna be blind for the rest of my life.

2- in high school art class i was trying to pull out a drawing board which was stuck...pulled v.hard and it hit me full in the face/nose

3- shut a car door on my thumb, started crying and managed to run up half a flight of stairs in my house before i was sick and blacked out...was out for 5 mins and when i awoke i had a panic attack (sick, headache, thrasingabout, crying, deliriousness)

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    So what happened to get you in the hospital?
    I got run over by your Porsche...

1. Stepped back on a trampoline, foot was caught on a spring. Fell backwards off of the trampoline, spring ripped my foot open. I looked down and could see muscles moving.

2. Broken wrist from soccer! Yay!

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

> big rusty nail thru my left foot when i was like 9 (not nearly as bad as the glass story tho).

> at 6 a little monkey jumping on the bed, got pushed and cracked my head open on one of those old skool metal building heater (that was nothing, happened on 3 sperate occasions)

>at 13 I was staying at my cousins we build me a stunt bike out of spare parts,.. while flying down a steep *VERY steep hill will start pedaling and racing half way down this huge downfall the chain pops and wraps into the rear wheel locking it,.. meanwhile I'm holding on to the handle bars so so tight that I go into a flip and my knuckles burned into the concrete for what seemed like forever till it went to the bone, it felt like. then I let go and it hurt(scars faded but are still there).

>>in high school about 15,16 I broke the bone between my wrist and knuckle(meta-something) on my right hand pinky finger. breaking it had my crying but did not hurt nearly as bad as waking up from the surgery when I got the pins in it hold it in place while it healed. I woke up screaming then got drugged again really quick.

>>last december a fractered rib, wasn't bad at all but working a physical labor job that way made it chronic.

>>a few months ago a broken jaw and 3 broken bones in my foot and chipped ankle,.. when it happened I was to heavily intoxicatied to gasp the full extent,.. but then my foot swelled to the size of both my fists balled up and put together,.. then already in that condition (about an hour later, as I started to sober)I got into another fist fight,.. then I walked about a mile on that foot,.. it sobered me up quick,... I had given up walking eventually.

yeah but I think a broken hurt might still hurt more tho. (opinions, opinions)

oh oh and the oral surgeon must have thought he was real funny when he goes to sew my jaw shut so it can heal in place he didn't use any anastetic(sp?) then he asked me if I would like some or go natural,... like wtf?? (fucking duh, drugs sucka)

broken hurt :/,.. duh a "broken heart"**

oh yeah and one time I got beat(minor beat) and maced by the cops,.. then they sat me in a squad car with the windows closed with my eye ON FIRE!! as my contacts melted into my eyes.

THAT WAS NOT FUN!! -

the bone between my wrist and knuckle(meta-something)
    metacarpal i think?

mace = teh efil.

aye, metacarpal is the bone between the knuckle and finger joint, and instead of antiseptic, it is anesthesia, for pain relief during surgery

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Don't know if anyone here knows what a Slap Stapler is but I managed to not only crush the first joint in my thumb, but 3/4" BARBED staple buried itself in what was left of my thumb nail. Not too bad initially, but after 3 hours in the ER waiting room I wasn't feeling too hot. Turns out that the docs were unable to remove the staple from the nail with out cutting the staple into three pieces and then pulling two of those pieces through the pad side of my thumb. I passed out some time after the first cut was made.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

she wanted to see if it was true, what people said about kicking guys in the balls.

so she kicked me in the balls. i collapsed. it hurt so much that i puked.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

ummm...let's see here. ive been drowned,electrocuted,hit by a car,hung and poisoned...........but I still have to say that the time I landed with all of my weight onto a rusty nail which went about an inche or more into my foot was pretty painfu or just recently when i slate dmy feet to heal up a severe case of rubbed raw heelf that had peeled off a layer or two of skin. I had to wear socks all day and night for two days in order for me not to be in pain.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

When I was a kid, I used to get spontaneous nose bleeds. Finally, my mother took me in to have the nerves cauterized. Even then , I had an attitude towards figures of authority. The "Doctor" ended up doing the procedure with no anesthesia. I was about six years old. I have had other serious injuries, I cannot begin to compare or even describe the amount of pain. I found out later the "Doctor" lost his license for similar activity.

OEC

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

ouch. isnt cauterizing basically where they burn a wound closed?
    like darth vader did to luke's hand in starwars when he cut it off?
    that's gotta hurt like hell.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Two things come to mind for me.

1. I got a cavity filled with no freezing. When the dentist drilled it out I could trace the pain through the nerve all the way around my head and into my neck.

2. In Febuary I slipped on some ice and broke my leg an inch or so above the ankle, that wasn't the worst part. I was alone at 2:30 a.m. so I had to walk home on it, damn that hurt.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by drak05
    My older brother has broken almost every bone in my body but until a few years ago has always gotten away with it because no one believed that he would do something like that... When he started doing it when I was 8 I told on him and my mother said I was lying and I was only trying to get him in trouble... Even after she took me to the hospital...
    isnt it fucking ridiculous how people dont believe their own kids about something like that? im sorry. i just really dont think thats right

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    ouch. isnt cauterizing basically where they burn a wound closed?
    like darth vader did to luke's hand in starwars when he cut it off?
    that's gotta hurt like hell.
    A nose cauterization is where they burn an exposed blood vessel to keep it from bleeding. You are right as far as cauterizing. It is basically burning any part of the body closed. The pain was unreal.

OEC

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    A nose cauterization is where they burn an exposed blood vessel to keep it from bleeding. You are right as far as cauterizing. It is basically burning any part of the body closed. The pain was unreal.

OEC

OUCH!!!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

[QUOTE=DARKGYM]Two things come to mind for me.

1. I got a cavity filled with no freezing. When the dentist drilled it out I could trace the pain through the nerve all the way around my head and into my neck.

I actually love going to the dentist just so I can say things like , "I dont need freezing it's only a root canal", besides that freezings expensive, and how do you know if the dentist knows what he's doing if you can't feel it

But you know I really have no idea what the most pain I've had was, it's almost like it hurts or it doesn't

no one has mentioned having natural childbirth

Erebos's Avatar Junior Member

in linear order from least painful to most painful

1:The exploding Chiko roll.. deep fried without pressure relief holes poked by a fork so as I bit into it, it turned it into a rocket.. expelling the freshly fried innards into and onto my mouth burning my lips off and burning my mouth making it incredibly difficult to swallow anything other than juice and water for 2 months.. and as my lips healed back they were the ugliest things in existence.Luckily it was the mouth so now its all healed except a tiny scar on my lip. Quite a funny incident but also horribly painful

2: The brick that got chucked at my jaw by the neglected rich son of the principal of my primary school (elementary for you americans).. although the tooth that busted my upper palette in direct relation to the brick upsets me as because of it I cant seperate in my speech 'th' 's' and 'z' anymore.

3: This sounds weak but the most pain Ive been in is the rupturing of my appendix spreading poison throughout my body and the like..

An honourable mention goes to whatever is fucking with my bladder at the moment... its feeling like somebody has just continually beaten me above my cock

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

1 - broke my left leg when i was 6-7. fuck head father said to "walk it off". doctor said it would have gone through the front of my leg if i had tried to walk.

2 - got my left hand suck in to a belt sander (yeap, it was on too). ground my pointer finger nail right off and fucked up my hand to make parts of it look like beef jerky.

thats it... im never eating beef jerky ever again...
    erebos... drink lots of water. like TONS... maybe thatll help? and cranberry juice. i dunno if thatll help for guys but its sposed to be good with yeast infections haha... theyre pretty damn annoying... but yeah just flush out your system with tons of drinks. (no not booze... you can have that after hehe)

Random_Idiot's Avatar Member

being shot three times didnt hurt at all so im gonna discount that one
    (on a count of one of them hit me in the head, i was in a pretty euphoric state during the two kilometre/bit over a mile walk home) until i passed out from blood loss

-the most painful goes to coping a glanced axe blow to the head. lucky i was wearing a spangenhelm or it might have been worse, i woke up two days later with a rivot from the helm in my head : )
    -the second was with my new g/f laura, and im not going to go there
    -third was when a friend came over and mentioned to my dad that he'd never seen me cry, so my dad set out to make me cry, i didnt but it was f%$king painful

whats a spangenhelm?

Its a toss up between being lit on fire and being shot in the chest.

+ Reply to Thread