+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scared?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Scared?

What is it that frightens you the most? I can handle most "Demons" and vampires and ghostie goblins, but Locusts and Zombies (28 days later zombies) scare the hell outta me. Where I lived in Fla was crawling with the huge yellow locusts with the pink wings and the unblinking black eyes. They also had these ingenius little black curved spikes on their legs that allowed them grip on what ever tehy were standing on. these hooks also catch in hair surprisingly well so that when one gets stuck in your hair, you have to grab the thing bodily and remove it by hand. Locusts are SQUISHY! *eww!* And any thing with it's own Plague has got to be evil.
    Zombies... I think it's the mindless hordes that try to assimilate anyhing in their path that frightens me most. I think I could deal with like 10 or 20 zombies just fine, but 200 and I'm taking my ball and barricading my self up at home.
    What about you?
    K

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Re: Scared?

I hate bugs (I sat on a wasp when I was 7 and have been afraid ever since)........ I'm also absolutely terrified of talking to other people if I don't know them (my whole family's like that, after 11 different schools in 3 different states I don't have a lot of friends but oh well) to the point of actually getting sick and have to get out of there, when I say I'm painfully shy I'm not joking.

I'm terrified of talking to people face to face too, my stomach clenches up in knots and my tongue swells up and I become totally uncoordinated. But I'd rather talk to a whole room full of people one at a time than touch another locust *shudder*.
    K

I have always been afraid of Tornados....I dont freak out or anything when its possible for one to occur I just really pay attention to the weather...

I love storms...Lightning, Thunder Lots of Rain...Its kind of Erotic to me...
    But when the wind starts moving in cirlces...I pay close attention to it..

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I'm terrified of talking to people face to face too, my stomach clenches up in knots and my tongue swells up and I become totally uncoordinated. But I'd rather talk to a whole room full of people one at a time than touch another locust *shudder*.
    K

You ever see those Paxil ads they were running last winter in Los Angeles? Man, if I believed a pill could remove that kind of social anxiety with no bad side effects . . . Those ads were great cinema anyway and your post made me think of them.

Insects, especially Bees, Wasps, and also the Hornets.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Stinging insects, yes. I am ever so concerned about fleas and lice.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

my grandpa used to scare me with stories about "la llorona" which was some crazy lady who drowned her kids and her ghost now kidnaps other peoples kids.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i guess one of my biggest fears is burning to death im also scared of being in a really deep water and not knowing what is under me...

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    I have always been afraid of Tornados....I dont freak out or anything when its possible for one to occur I just really pay attention to the weather...

I love storms...Lightning, Thunder Lots of Rain...Its kind of Erotic to me...
    But when the wind starts moving in cirlces...I pay close attention to it..
    I've been witness to several Tornadoes, Water Spouts, Funnel Clouds and Tropical Storms/ Hurricanes. Once, I was on the high school football field with the band practising for state and a funnel cloud passed right beside us. I can completly comprehend the fear inducing quality. But fat "nasty" thunderstorms with heavy black clouds and lots of lightning make me want to go sit on the screen porch. It doesn't rain like that here in LA *sigh*.

Amelia- I've been put on Paxil. It just kinda makes me listless. They put me on that after they discovered that the 20mg Sustained release Ritilin tabs gave me migranes...I do lots better with out any of the above.
    K

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Lightning. When I was 16 and still living w/ my parents, lightning struck the house while I was napping. It scared the shit out of me, blew a nightlight across the room, put a crack in the wall, and fried some other electrical equipment.

Leeches. I have nightmares about leeches.

Zombies that eat brains. Zombies are always creepy though.

When I was 5, I saw The Blob & was deathly scared of it coming for me and lived in fear for weeks.

I'm incredibly clostrophobic. I have trouble wearing socks, if I can't wiggle my toes, then something is wrong.
    I've managed to get over my Spider-phobia and my Needle-phobia, but tiny spaces still get to me.
    K

oo i am scared of gum...

no joke...i cant chew gum or look at chewed gum, it makes me want to puke...i dont know, im weird...

masque's Avatar Junior Member

When I was younger I had fears about bugs, especially spiders, and germs, and the dark, and falling down the stairs, and falling in general, and strangers, and anything that was unknown to me. Childhood was a frightful time.
    There are only two things I'm really scared of. I am afraid of ghosts. They seem unnatural. They creep me out. Halloween is just a bad time for me. It doesn't help that there's one in the house, which a friend told me casually one day. . .
    The other fear is stagnation. My very sanity exists solely on changes that occur in my life. When every day is just a reaccurance of the previous one, I lose creativity, a sense of self, my positive additude, and my rationality. It's just not fun.

Mother Superior

Lol, then I am weird too bre.star . It grosses me out to see someone that into a piece of anything. Damn, it's annoying, I try to ignore it , it is a phobia though. I mean does it gross you out to think of touching and things? Hahah. Especially Doublemint, oh my fucking god.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Lol, then I am weird too bre.star . It grosses me out to see someone that into a piece of anything. Damn, it's annoying, I try to ignore it , it is a phobia though. I mean does it gross you out to think of touching and things? Hahah. Especially Doublemint, oh my fucking god.

ohh god doublemint...it makes me want to puke when i see that lime green in someones mouth and i can smell it...oh god...yay im not the only weirdo! i have never met anyone that feels the same way about gum! yay

masque's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    i guess one of my biggest fears is burning to death im also scared of being in a really deep water and not knowing what is under me...
    I used to have a fear of spontaneous combustion. The idea is just sort of freaky. But I realized that it's just an irrational fear and after a few years I got over it.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Wasps are my only fear - hornets i'm fine with, bees are cute as hell, snakes, scorpions, spiders (from money spiders to african bird-eaters). I just have this completely irrational fear of 'wospies'which pisses me off constantly. I thought i found a dead wasp in the bathroom, and it was pretty big. then it started to crawl, and i screamed so loud stuart thought i had cut an artery.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Midgets who dress like Elvis.

Fucking scary.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I'm terrified of people touching me.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Bugs and death.

~Histrionica~

Vixta - Back in Fla there were these terrible bugs that we never did find out what they were. 'Bout as long as my thumb (2") with the sectioned bodies of wasps and yellow jackets, but red as fire ants. Dunno if the sting but good lord were they creepy...
    K

MechaKali's Avatar Junior Member

Bush being re-elected (or reappointed for that matter).

E

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

The only thing I'm actually scared of is, to finally screw up my life. I've done quite well fucking it up, so far, but thinking about my future makes me shudder. I'm afraid to disappoint the three people who really care about me. I don't care about zombies, locusts or people, but making a person I love cry, scares me the most.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    my grandpa used to scare me with stories about "la llorona" which was some crazy lady who drowned her kids and her ghost now kidnaps other peoples kids.
    Really?
    I am into ghosts and I would be interested in how the story goes, if you would be so kind.

Thank you,

memorydream

KristynNicole's Avatar Member

Im not a prissy girl, and bugs dont bother me, just spiders. I CANT stand them. I once quit a job I had at a hardware store because there were too many spiders. lol. And I don't like elevators. They just freak me out. Lastly, suffocating in water. Not drowning, but slowly losing your breath, it's my worst nightmare...

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    Really?
    I am into ghosts and I would be interested in how the story goes, if you would be so kind.

Thank you,

memorydream
    there are several versions of the story but the one i was told is about a woman whos husband leaves her with her 5 kids.Seeing as how she's poor and cant take care of them by herself, she desides to kill them and end the suffering they would face. So the lady goes and drowns the kids and later after seeing what she did she goes to the place were she killed the kids and drowns herself. Now her spirit searches for the kids and she goes around taking other peoples kids thinking they are hers. The story goes that you can her her late at night crying making a horrible sound kinda like a banshee.thats just the short version

Quote Originally Posted by MechaKali
    Bush being re-elected (or reappointed for that matter).

E
    Definitely frightening. Do we really need a blood hungry coked up ex- baseball commisioner giving tax breaks to his buddies? Besides if he "wins" My job's in jepordy.
    K

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

getting pregnant.

ScarMeBeautiful's Avatar Senior Member

All bugs. Mostly spiders.. *Shudder*

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    getting pregnant.
    Good one, Belladonna!

~Histrionica~

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    Good one, Belladonna!

~Histrionica~
    thank you.

Ambika's Avatar Member

Spiders, basicly all bugs.. I also have a fear of coffins, theres just something about them that creep me out.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

bugs, taxes, government, politics, high places, and being late for work.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

John Kerry's eyebrows

I have an insect phobia. I like spiders, though, or anything else that eats insects. I once fell down a flight of stairs due to an involuntary reaction trying to get away from a wasp...... Even flies bother me, since you never know which ones were just sitting on a pile of dog crap before landing on you.

a room full of strangers and strangers touching me or standing to close to me.

+ Reply to Thread