no comment

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: I have a new baby

sorry to break it to you but that thing is black, i dont think its yours

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

oh, you got an ipod knockoff? cool.

I never understood those things, if you have to take all of your cds and record them into the damn thing, why not just listen to cds? are we really that lazy that carrying around a case that weighs .5 pounds, and taking the 2 seconds to change disks is too much work?

what's next, they are going to stop making album art, and instead make images that you can DL on your ipod screen? come on, what a waste of technology. If there's one thing that we need condenced, i want freakin meals in pill form.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    ...are we really that lazy that carrying around a case that weighs .5 pounds, and taking the 2 seconds to change disks is too much work?
    for someone who works with music it is... now imagine having to set up a 2 hours mix on vinyls after having meeting and listening to what other dj's..... now, songs are usualy played for 2 minutes most in style I play (I tend to change tracks as most as possible) so it's between 50-200 songs per 2 hours of mix... deciding wich song will I play after another one with cd-player for relistening to them is pain in the ass... then writing order of songs on paper (that's the way I did before, riped music from vinyls to cd's so I could work on move and in same time listen to music) believe me... mp3 players came from heaven.... at least for me and like 0.00000001% other people... and now don't tell me you don't understand me because I know you do...

on other side as a listener I think they're spoiling us... and you get stressed out browsing in between songs because only one beat is enought to remind you on how good that song is.... then you switch to next one.... and next one... and next one....
    that's only problem... keeping my finger busy while I'm on move....

huh?

no, just kidding. yeah I see your point. I never thought of it that way. for a person that needs to really handle a lot of songs and be able to easily make playlists and access and switch them, I can see the benefit of an all-in-one sytem that simplifies that. but for listening to your head phones at the gym, I don't think it's as neccesary.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I never understood those things, if you have to take all of your cds and record them into the damn thing, why not just listen to cds? are we really that lazy that carrying around a case that weighs .5 pounds, and taking the 2 seconds to change disks is too much work?
    Well loading the thing up with music is easy as sin...be it stuff from a CD or stuff from your HD. For me it's handy to listen to everything from podcasts to lectures along with keeping some lil notes and lil bits of sonic goodness I need so I don't kill off half of L.A.

It's one of those things that if you can properly exploit the tech you can get more out of it than just the fact it can store and play insane amounts of music...which I love cause I've always hated having to carry around the ton of CD's I use too. I like having 8000+ songs at my finger tips...plus it has lead me to listen to MORE music than I use too...not a bad thing really.

Not all that impressed with the new video one but I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon anyhow. Maybe in another 2 generations or so...their is more I'd like to see them do with sound quality and iTunes functions than video or even pictures.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by OliX

on other side as a listener I think they're spoiling us... and you get stressed out browsing in between songs because only one beat is enought to remind you on how good that song is.... then you switch to next one.... and next one... and next one....
    that's only problem... keeping my finger busy while I'm on move....
    Yeah that is a bit of an issue...I kinda get jumpy and go from tune to tune without listening to the entire song at times. It's become a bit like changing channels on a TV...

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

It's a LOT better than an ipod.

The thing's an mp3 player (which for morning glory means that I can ditch my over 500 cds which weighs about 15 pounds and is bulky as hell to carry around. not to mention a few hundred downloaded albums)

an FM radio which is cool because one of my favorite djs just came back to town and I'm starting to listen to the radio more.

A picture viewer, which rocks because I saved all my favorite pictures and can show people any time what my halloween costume looked like or whatever.

A movie player which eliminates me carrying a ton of dvds and it holds all my downloaded movies and tv shows as well so I can watch them whenever. It also has an AV/Out jack so I can plug it into a tv or whatever and for instance, play a movie at a party or whatever.

All of this functionality in something that's about the size of, and weighs less than, a deck of cards...'

I LOVE Sheila with all my heart and soul.

i uh.. think your Shelia is cheating on you. sorry..

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

My new baby's name is Xeanon. It's crying for my attention as we speak. Must go hold her smooth white wireless controllers.

Have fun with your Sheila.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    My new baby's name is Xeanon. It's crying for my attention as we speak. Must go hold her smooth white wireless controllers.

Have fun with your Sheila.
    K
    im smooth...white..and wireless :|
    nobody stands in line for ME...nobody holds launch partys for ME!

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    im smooth...white..and wireless :|
    nobody stands in line for ME...nobody holds launch partys for ME!
    Are you backwards compatible?
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Are you backwards compatible?
    K
    More importantly though...is their a built in multiplayer?

i am backwards compatible if theres gag balls and i have built in multiplayer...also you can talk trash to me...i come in two versions..depending on price and im sure not to let you down this holiday season. 4-16 people can play with me.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Can I mod you to play Japanese only titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    (which for morning glory means that I can ditch my over 500 cds which weighs about 15 pounds and is bulky as hell to carry around. not to mention a few hundred downloaded albums)

how many times to I have to say it? there's only 300 good songs ever made.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

You can say it all you want...won't make it any more true. Though by all means list these 300.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    i am backwards compatible if theres gag balls and i have built in multiplayer...also you can talk trash to me...i come in two versions..depending on price and im sure not to let you down this holiday season. 4-16 people can play with me.
    Yes but what are we talking in availability? Will I have to pay several thou on Ebay or wait till february to get you?
    K

Maybe. But even if that's true, there's still a few thousand mediocre songs that are just catchy enough to make me dig 'em.

Yes but what are we talking in availability? Will I have to pay several thou on Ebay or wait till february to get you?
    K
    im fucking free! ya! im a buy 1 get 1 deal. i have a bundle package

Random_Idiot's Avatar Member

im gonna by-pass the mp3 player and go straight to the portable media player
    (not to be mistaken with the portable dvd player)
    its basically a 7 inch lcd screen with 20 gb strapped to its back.
    so i can watch my music video clips as well as hear the music : )

the bomb diggity, word

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    It's a LOT better than an ipod.

The thing's an mp3 player (which for morning glory means that I can ditch my over 500 cds which weighs about 15 pounds and is bulky as hell to carry around. not to mention a few hundred downloaded albums)

A movie player which eliminates me carrying a ton of dvds and it holds all my downloaded movies and tv shows as well so I can watch them whenever. It also has an AV/Out jack so I can plug it into a tv or whatever and for instance, play a movie at a party or whatever.
    those are all good ideas/reasons, but i hate to break it to you... 20gb is no where near enough space to hold 500 cd's let alone cd's and DIVIX, AVI, or MPEG.....

i havr the new 60gb ipod video and with 8758 songs right now that takes up 37.4 GB and then i have some music videos that take up another GB....... um, yea so you are gonna have to make some serious decisions about those 500 cd's

----- why didn't you just cop the iPod, the 60GB video i got has a beautiful screen and is smaller than the 4th generation 40 that i had... not to mention that the black on black trackwheel is hot

the bomb diggity, word

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Idiot
    im gonna by-pass the mp3 player and go straight to the portable media player
    (not to be mistaken with the portable dvd player)
    its basically a 7 inch lcd screen with 20 gb strapped to its back.
    so i can watch my music video clips as well as hear the music : )
    like the archos?

Quote Originally Posted by peoplejudgeme
    those are all good ideas/reasons, but i hate to break it to you... 20gb is no where near enough space to hold 500 cd's let alone cd's and DIVIX, AVI, or MPEG.....

i havr the new 60gb ipod video and with 8758 songs right now that takes up 37.4 GB and then i have some music videos that take up another GB....... um, yea so you are gonna have to make some serious decisions about those 500 cd's

----- why didn't you just cop the iPod, the 60GB video i got has a beautiful screen and is smaller than the 4th generation 40 that i had... not to mention that the black on black trackwheel is hot
    Well for starters I have the 30Gb, not the 20. And the thing converts the video files down to the exact resolution of the screen so it's 100% disk space efficient. An entire movie, converted down, is only about 30Mb.

On top of that, I usually don't keep whole albums in digital unless I like the whole thing. Otherwise it's just the few songs off of each.

And I didn't get the ipod because I don't like them. I find the interface counterintuitive and the design annoying. I listen to mine on the d-l a lot at work and like to be able to work the controls just by squeezing my pocket subtlely. If I have to keep pulling the thing out to change songs, volume, pause etc. my bosses will start to get wise.

+ Reply to Thread