+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emo Kills?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Emo Kills?

This is a new low, even for the abyss that is *******. This isn't the first.

Teenager Posts Suicide Note on *******.com

New America Media, News Feature/Commentary, Milan Gagnon, Dec 01, 2005

Editor's Note: Suicide notes are usually written to intimates. In the case of one young man who just killed himself in Orange County, Calif., the suicide note was posted on a popular social networking Web site. PNS contributor Milan Gagnon reports as one of millions of people who followed the suicide online. Gagnon is a writer based in Prague.

Czech Republic--At 8:14 a.m. on Nov. 29, Joshua Anson Ballard posted his final bulletin on the Internet social-networking site *******.com. Ballard, who took the online identity "you BROKE my LIFE," followed his subject line, "do me a favore [sic] ....", with a body that read:

"call the police.
    Address ... Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
    tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.
    im soo sorry<3"

About 15 minutes later, according to the Orange County coroner's office, Josh, 17, killed himself with a gunshot to the head. Within minutes, *******, which promotes social interaction among young people and is popular with teenagers, was alight with messages about the suicide. Here in Prague, I saw a note about Josh on ******* and checked it out.

By 10 p.m. the night of his death, Josh was being eulogized.

He killed himself over a girl "and other things," writes Flower King Of Flies on *******, who says the death was preventable. "This could of ben stoped," he says via a ******* comment page that has become Josh's memorial. "All the people that knew didnt do shit. i had a good time with u in ceramics. f--- all your friends that did nothing."

So it goes, Josh's life splayed out on the black backdrop he'd created as his space.

According to his words, Josh loved "girls who cry"; was married; was 8 feet, 11 inches tall and made $250,000 a year or more. Josh was a smartass. He posted self-portraits that featured him at his emo-kid best: shaggy hair, pouting lips, intentionally blank expression. He posted an ad for a clothing company called Emo Police that featured a man hanging from the P.

Emo, a 20-year-old sub-genre of punk rock, didn't kill Josh, even if emo songs are mostly un-ironic paeans to self-pity. Kids kill themselves whether they listen to country or classical. The death-trip soundtrack can easily be Snoop Dogg or Slayer; on Josh's page, it's Senses Fail.

Josh wanted. He sought attention by posting surveys in his blog with categories like "Would you ..." and questions like "stick up for me if I was being put down?" In another, he queried friends as to whether they loved him, had crushes on him, etc. The surveys, common among ******* teenagers, mean little more than that the kid dug compliments. Craved 'em.

Sixty-two times he was eulogized -- sometimes with just one line, sometimes with just a word -- in the first 17 hours. "i'm speechless," wrote Kelsey, a 17-year-old from San Juan Capistrano who enjoys "good times." "Rest in peace, Josh." Rach, who posted seven farewells in those hours, told him, "It says you broke my life - well you broke ours."

I didn't know Josh, should never have. Wouldn't have, had a former source in Idaho not posted a bulletin from her ******* account. "this is the most horrible thing i've ever seen," Tori'd headlined it, using haphazard ******* capitalization. "Honestly," wrote the former Orange County teen who'd received it as a forward from a friend. "It will make you sick to your stomach." I read it, braced for some banal but benign forwarded joke.

Now I know Josh, know that his friend YOUR KISSES MAKE MY HEART STOP says he was the happiest guy around. He protected her from mean guys at school, protected her from spiders, always told her to smile. "unfortunatly we had a scary about 4 days ago he atemted suicid and failed we were all on his back ever since but this mornig right before school he posted this on a bulliton ..." she wrote me. "as soon as my friend rach saw that she told mimi and mimis mom call the police and drove up to his house (they live 1 street up from each other) she found it was to late. if i could telll josh one thing is that i love you and i wish that you could have send the people that hold you dear to there hearts. you always seid that nothing is as bad as it seem."

Kids type quicker than they think. They bleed words, don't contrive them, and, even if I disdain Net-speak, I have the luxury of never needing to type so frantically. Immersed in his requiem, not 30 hours after he did what he did, I know Joshua Anson Ballard. With his suicide announced on an Internet bulletin, his life remembered in a series of hastily typed prose that comes in blurbs and missives, and his loved ones handling their grieving through instant messages and blogs, will forever words be left on his Web page rather than coins or roses on his grave? We'll have to visit every Nov. 29.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Emo Kills?

We were the same height...I will miss you my 8' 11" brother.

Hrm.. so veiwing his profile..theres all girls saying "I love you! I'll miss our wedding! There's nothing to live for without you!"

Damn emo kids get all the chicks :\

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Hrm.. so veiwing his profile..theres all girls saying "I love you! I'll miss our wedding! There's nothing to live for without you!"

Damn emo kids get all the chicks :\

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't really feel bad for this kid. I know people that were a lot more fucked up that did something with there life. nearly every person I know that commited suicide did it because they really just didn't like there life, and not to try and gain publicity. the guy obviously had a lot of people that paid attention to him and at least cared about what he had to say enough to visit his webpage regularly. he sounds kind of like a selfish asshole, so good for him. he got the notoriety that he wanted.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Did anyone message the guy back and ask him not to do it? In times past there was no way to communicate with someone in a dark room by themselves, but now there is.

maybe he was trying to give himself another emo haircut with a gun and just messed up

Story through smilies :
    + =

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

maybe he was trying to give himself another emo haircut with a gun and just messed up

Story through smilies :
    + =
    Eep.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

suicide on *******, that gota be what like 1,000,000 scene points?, anyways i saw the kids profile like on monday i think, at first i thought it was a prank or somethin but it was very sureal reading his messages

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Badda bump bump bump another one bites the dust.....

Score one for Darwin.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

pathetic :|

whew!

finally I can relax...

...brad pitt is going to adopt angelina jolie's children... maddox is saved!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Who knew the key to getting emo chicks to profess their undying and deep love for you is to kill yourself.

Fucking brilliant that is.

I just find the whole thing pathetic. Agree with MG. The fucking media just feeds on this shit.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The media? Did you read the comments on his page? THOSE are the people who feed on this...the media in this case just shines the light and lets us all enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    The media? Did you read the comments on his page? THOSE are the people who feed on this...the media in this case just shines the light and lets us all enjoy the show.
    nah didn't read the page. I'd say the emo kids and the media are both lame.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Oh you MUST read them...truly classic stuff.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

OK , I am so out of it

But I finally have to ask "what the fuck is this "EMO" shit, never heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    OK , I am so out of it

But I finally have to ask "what the fuck is this "EMO" shit, never heard of it
    emo - short for emotional. style of musick/lifestyle like "goth" and "punk" "rockabilly".
    musick includes : dashboard confessional, fall out boy, hawthorne heights etc etc

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/281741

the emocard..haha
    Theres some things emo cant buy..
    for everything else..theres emocard haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Oh you MUST read them...truly classic stuff.
    I tried, but it kept skipping to a white page with some odd message on it "The ones who broke this can fix it" something to that effect. The last log on was 12/3, so I'm assuming someone nuked it.

OEC

that's the only response for emo's...

nuke 'em.

...except the delightful emo philips... he should sue a generation for ripping off his haircut!

but seriously folk, on to more pressing matters that affect each, and every one of us...

...do you think that maddox will adjust to having a stern disciplinarian male figure in the household like brad?

LOL!somebody hacked his page! LOL now theres a razor blade that says " remember kids..its down the road not across the street" "Congrats to Josh on making it count! Love MX
    The best message board on the internet for hackers, are you mad at me? "

LOL!somebody hacked his page! LOL now theres a razor blade that says " remember kids..its down the road not across the street" "Congrats to Josh on making it count! Love MX
    The best message board on the internet for hackers, are you mad at me? "
    haha yup. The regular ******* page is forwarded to a page with a big fucked-up photo of him. Reminds me a bit of one the Columbine morons.

OEC

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    whew!

finally I can relax...

...brad pitt is going to adopt angelina jolie's children... maddox is saved!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think i'll go listen to my favorite band now, Gay Artschool Dropout.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I think i'll go listen to my favorite band now, Gay Artschool Dropout.
    Dude, my cousin's name is Gay Artschool Dropout! Weird...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

anyone else reminded of tht lost episode of saved by the bell that never aired?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Did anyone message the guy back and ask him not to do it? In times past there was no way to communicate with someone in a dark room by themselves, but now there is.
    The time between the post and his death was approximately 15 minutes. I doubt anyone could have done anything.

OEC

Story through smilies :
    + =
    damn you!!! ...but this is great -> http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/281741

who's the poor girl that was this about? another emo girl, then she will be most popular within sceen... or if she's not she would be known as murderer her whole life untill she finishes up in asylum or something....

maybe another deadly hair accident...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    The time between the post and his death was approximately 15 minutes. I doubt anyone could have done anything.

OEC
    doubt it would have made a difference anyway if someone could reach him being a she used a gun and all. usually when someone uses a gun in suicide, they mean business. they arent trying to get people to talk em out of it like they would if they came up with somehing elaborate. But then again, i wouldnt have talked him ou of it. he wants to kill himself, then fine. suicide is a cowards way out as far as i'm concerned...unless you're a samurai or in great pain.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    doubt it would have made a difference anyway if someone could reach him being a she used a gun and all. usually when someone uses a gun in suicide, they mean business. they arent trying to get people to talk em out of it like they would if they came up with somehing elaborate. But then again, i wouldnt have talked him ou of it. he wants to kill himself, then fine. suicide is a cowards way out as far as i'm concerned...unless you're a samurai or in great pain.
    I'd agree except in a situation where enemies are about to torture and/or kill you (archaic to today's world, I know) I would not have got involved in this specific incident. I can only help those who are willing to help themselves. He chose (and had likely long since chosen) to embrace the abyss. So be it.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    damn you!!! ...but this is great -> http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/281741

who's the poor girl that was this about? another emo girl, then she will be most popular within sceen... or if she's not she would be known as murderer her whole life untill she finishes up in asylum or something....

maybe another deadly hair accident...
    I'm sure it'll show up eventually on emo reality tv .... brought to you by EmoCard

OEC

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

i think your all assholes,. at least those of you whom can't respect the fact that this kid really did kill himself over a girl.

your too pre concerned with the thought that "emo" kids get all the girls. grow the fuck up,.. you try wearing girly pants and body suits and trying to protect a gf instead just trying to watch them walk off with the first kid trying to get them strung out on crack.

Some of these kids are actually Emotionally disturbed,.. bi-polar and abuse kids,.. kids that got ***** and are happy to have friends to help support them.

It takes big balls to pull a trigger on yourself,.. cause i don't care how much shit people talk everyone is always usually just looking out for "A number one(A#1)" aka themselves. Sure to you it may not seem like that big of a deal,.. but to that kid his life ended with his girl.

Back in the day in asia the way I understand it if you shamed your family you killed yourself so your family could still have its honor.

Yeah HONOR that isn't very popular anymore since its the lurky sniffeling cheating and lying types whom are powering themselves with the world power simply by playing the very old divide and conquer tactic.

I had a friend of mine kill himself back in highschool,.. shot himself in the head.

I think about who i am today and how many times my life has been stolen from me,.. All my chances to be happy.

The way people really are is sad. All things in this world in one way or another are really just sad.

I'm American and I live in America,.. if I thought one time of persons life was worth less than anothers I'd move the fuck out of the country,.. cause to sit around and say "ohh who cares he was just some emo punk anyway" is the same as saying let little kids starve to death cause their only children. Fuck you if you think that much of yourself,.. if you feel that much mightier and holyer than someone else.

but principle means shit to some,.. and money seems to be the redeeming factor in the minds of others.

to think you would come on blueblood.net and say f*ck that little kid cause he's emo,... is like saying f*ck if one of the models associatied with bb.net kills herself she took her clothes off for a camera. Or would that be different? and why? cause you see a emo kid as competetion? cause you don't have all the emo girls around you? you have no idea,.. do you really think thats something you would want? to be filled with more emotions than you know how to handle? to be filled with more thoughts and have less time to process and know how to handle them? and you have no friends cause everyone is too busy being homophobic and making fun of how gay you are that the ony people whom are even willing to talk to you are a bunch of girls whom probably don't reven really want and are just too busy feeling sorry you,. then one day you meet one girl who diffeyes(sp?) all those things,.. and thru her you saw a whole other world another chance,.. maybe just a friend whom made you feel like maybe your not alone. Only to have her leave you ,. or only to find out shes not so different,.. or possibly to find out she gets off on hurting you too,.. or maybe she just couldn't handle being with you cause all the other guys spend their time calling you names and other girls ,...

[end rant]

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by P I L O T
    i think your all assholes,. at least those of you whom can't respect the fact that this kid really did kill himself over a girl.
    Fact is...he killed himself over another person, this makes him a weakling...and a loser...
    a dead loser weakling...hows that for asshole

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

thats your perceptive,.. perception is reality,.. because it is the story passed on.

good and evil are points of view.

I doubt anyone cares what his justification was.

your too pre concerned with the thought that "emo" kids get all the girls. grow the fuck up,.. you try wearing girly pants and body suits and trying to protect a gf instead just trying to watch them walk off with the first kid trying to get them strung out on crack..
    I get better chicks than any emo kid. (as do most BB guys) Everyone at BB, including people I've disagreed with, are completely open to all sexual preferences. Emo annoys us. Were I you, I''d be venting at

1. The media
    2. The emo kids who eat this shit up

and don't worry about

3. us dark souls on BB. Noone here would disrespect the death of anyone associated with BB. You are out of line to even suggest that. Your moral outrage is utterly misplaced.

OEC

old school punks thought goths were whiney little bitches...

...you're telling me that we should some how have more compassion for 'emo' because these kids somehow 'feel' more than we did when we were going through puberty?

yeah, I remember what it was like to be a teenager... 'Schizonphernic? I'm QUADRAPHRENIC!!'

Big Fucking Deal, these kids 'feel' stuff...

I have no sympathy for subcultures that glorify incompetence. (and yes being emotionally incompetent is possible.)

this is what we get for having a generation rasied by new age hippy bullshit, where all emotions are considered valid. (except the ones where I want to kill YOU... see, because that's not self-destructive, that's 'violent')

seriously if these kids would stop eating processed food, and fucking liquid crack (malt liquor) I know 'seriously uncool man'... quit the external unnatural poisons (like tv, xbox, and internet boards like whatever the hell site keeps getting starred out) then I'm pretty sure that the rush of emotions would even out to a managable level.

you raise a point about having compassion for folks PILOT...

...I've seen enough suicides to not give a fuck about random people offing themselves anymore. (sucks when it's a friend though.)

end counter rant.

the bomb diggity, word

wow... im bipolar, and i have "medically" died (need to be recessitated) before.... does that make me some kind of pansy emo kid? oh yea, i wear clothes that fit me

everybody I know is fucked in the head.

it's not that unique a virtue.

+ Reply to Thread