+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELL-idays

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default HELL-idays

Ok. So I know I'm not always the cheery happy guy. Most people that are near me for more than a few minutes realize that I am usually the smartass that you leave alone.
    But now !! Everyone seems to think that I can just turn my personality on and off. I couldn't care less if everyone else can put on a happy face and muddle through in silent misery, It's just not me.
    When it comes to being cordial, I can greet with the best of them, but then...leave me the fuck alone! If I have to hear the same stale ass, past christmas family memory I'm gonna snap.
    I really dont want to be a grinch, but I dont understand why the same people that dont call me any other day, suddenly feel its cool to bug me now.

Thanks for the rant time...I'll be here all week..try the Veal.

Default Re: HELL-idays

yes, I am seriously considering going to the middle of the desert during the holidays for a month.

I hate the whole season.

(but like giving gifts.)

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Ok. So I know I'm not always the cheery happy guy. Most people that are near me for more than a few minutes realize that I am usually the smartass that you leave alone.
    But now !! Everyone seems to think that I can just turn my personality on and off. I couldn't care less if everyone else can put on a happy face and muddle through in silent misery, It's just not me.
    When it comes to being cordial, I can greet with the best of them, but then...leave me the fuck alone! If I have to hear the same stale ass, past christmas family memory I'm gonna snap.
    I really dont want to be a grinch, but I dont understand why the same people that dont call me any other day, suddenly feel its cool to bug me now.

Thanks for the rant time...I'll be here all week..try the Veal.
    Well at least they call you once a year! I have no family, they are all dead and the rest of them are greedy yuppies that wish me death!! None of them ever call me.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

:-( BAH HUMBUG!
    Actually Xmas is not my favorite holiday but I like parts of it. Mostly I hate that everywhere you go Xmas music is playing. Could there be a more obnoxious genre of music? Seriously I would rather hear country....

Yeah. Christmas music is annoying. And it's retarded how, all of a sudden, you have to be nice to people and talk to family members even though you don't even what their name is. Arr.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Well at least they call you once a year! I have no family, they are all dead and the rest of them are greedy yuppies that wish me death!! None of them ever call me.

i think, if my family were dead, i'd be really quite glad they weren't calling me. "yes, dad, i'll be over to trim that tree they planted over you. i'm sorry i haven't visited."

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Yeah. Christmas music is annoying.

although i really like the Cocteau Twins' rendition of "Winter Wonderland".

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

I'm not exactly into the holidays either, but if people want to take me to their house and put food into me, well, it's not like I'm doing anything else anyway.

I just treat the holidays as the sum of their actions. I am spending money on others, which is what I do anyway, and I am going to their house, and I am eating their food. Then I am going home and will continue living. Not such a big deal.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Actually Xmas is not my favorite holiday but I like parts of it. Mostly I hate that everywhere you go Xmas music is playing. Could there be a more obnoxious genre of music? Seriously I would rather hear country....
    Can I get an amen?

Yes give me presents.
    Yes pretty lights.

Stop singing Frosty over and over again.

amen! I completely agree! Xmas is all about social pressure to consume and purchase more than you can afford and then the people you give the gifts to will probably just be dissapointed anyway! The deadlines and the pressure to impress are totally overwhelming. I really hate the pressure of the holidays. bleh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scar

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I on the other hand quite like the holidays, everyone has the day off

well almost everyone

and in moderation I like christmas musik, and I like spending money on my 'loved ones' and I like turkey and stuffing and haging out with my brother in law in the garage, and I like watching a christmas carol (the alleister simm version, of course), and the bells of st. marys,

I like to sit by the fire with my booze and eggnogg trying to figure out the usual puzzle gift that someone gave me, I like getting really fucked up and trying to figure out a puzzle gift I gave one of the kids(did you know that 'gift' in german is poison?)

Yep I just love christmas

hail satan

+ Reply to Thread