+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: weird pets

Default weird pets

hi me again anyone got any weird pets or does anyone want any weird pets

i would lke a rattlesnake and/or king cobra

i have kept a preying mantis ,and a did keep a little bat (found injured )for a night and two hedgehogs which i had to take to the vets because they were underweight

mike

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: weird pets

I have too many pets actually, but as far as "weird" goes. I do have a Bearded Dragon, an Albino Burmese Python, and two kids.

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

I need to genetically engineer versions of animals that don't grow out of their baby period, so I can have a cute cuddly happy bear cub without it growing into a giant death machine.

Or just small versions. Like a boar. "Hairy, gore!" "Squreeee!" *runs tuskfirst into an ankle*

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

The weirdest pet ever

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

I don't have any pets at the moment but have never had an exotic one, just your usual dogs, cats and birds. I think a ferret would make a nice pet. But I've really always wanted a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Blue
    But I've really always wanted a wolf.
    Watch out for wolves and wolfdogs, though. Sure, people will argue that any animal raised well will be fine, etc., but they really do have a lot of instinctual dominant and predatory behavior that's seen to a far lesser extent in standard breeds. Check out this article.

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

Excellent article inox. Yes, while I've always wanted a wolf I know that I can't really have one. Unless I want to go live in the wilderness and establish a "mutual" relationship with a wild one - a wolf can never really be a domesticated "pet". Even some breeds of dog still retain strong wilding instincts that make them dangerous as pets. At least I can fantasize about being friends with a wolf, like when I play D&D

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

My mother and father have two exotic "bear" hamsters.
    CUTE! hehee we want pictures ive never seen a hamster that actually looks like a bear.. .just... hamsters. i would totaly buy a sugar glider though if 1) it was legal in canada ( i have no clue ) and 2) MONEH!
    wtf do sugar gliders eat anyways? hehe i should know this after watching "the life of mammals" 4 dvd set, but... that was a long time ago and i stayed up all night watching, i dont remember hehe... adorable though!
    hehee a boar omg that would be a million times better than any watchdog... even if it wasnt vicious at all... (like a boar could NOT be vicious, its totally not possible haha) who wouldnt be terrified of a boar??
    watch out pullmyhair that thing is attacking your foot!!

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    CUTE! hehee we want pictures ive never seen a hamster that actually looks like a bear.. .just... hamsters. i would totaly buy a sugar glider though if 1) it was legal in canada ( i have no clue ) and 2) MONEH!
    wtf do sugar gliders eat anyways? hehe i should know this after watching "the life of mammals" 4 dvd set, but... that was a long time ago and i stayed up all night watching, i dont remember hehe... adorable though!
    hehee a boar omg that would be a million times better than any watchdog... even if it wasnt vicious at all... (like a boar could NOT be vicious, its totally not possible haha) who wouldnt be terrified of a boar??
    watch out pullmyhair that thing is attacking your foot!!
    I have a friend that just got a sugar glider...so cute(:

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

<-----

Also check out:

for more about rescuing bats.

OEC

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Sadly, Cy lived for just one day. Click photo for story.

OEC

hi the one i rescued was a pipistrelle (really cute ) it bit me to (been odd ever since ),no serious now it was so badly injured i will not fly again,so it will be kept in a captive colony (sweet) i managed to keep it alive by feeding it bugs (caught specailly)untill i took it to my local vets

these are my actual pets (live in the country plenty of room )here goes

1=cat called sukie
    1=dog called patch
    1=rabbit called torrie
    2=guinea pigs called marmite & smokie
    4=cockatiels called pete,lita,jasmine nd molly
    2=budgies called rooney&sharon
    6=zebra finches various names
    2=java sparrows saha&tarja
    2=blue bourkes cristina&amy
    4=bengelese finches various names
    1=mouse called arwen
    and various tropical fish in a 4ft tank and i love them all see yer all mike

also i think the ultimate pet would be a t rex ,very interesting taking it for a walk ,but the bright side no one would break into your house or garden he he goodnight all mike x

awwww look at the hamster EEP! *snuzzles*
    i didnt know that hamsters had the pointy ear things like dobermans... thats... really weird.
    aww i would buy 2 sugar gliders... cuteness

i think a giant anteater would be a bizarre (sorry cant spell)and interesting pet they look so odd ,cute though mike

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i want pet spiders but not of the tarantula variety. as it is now, im willing to settle on caring for all the random spiders in my house. i feed them and rescue them from the bathtub/shower. for some reason they love my bathroom.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

we have a six toed cat named loa.
    and six kids

i want pet spiders but not of the tarantula variety. as it is now, im willing to settle on caring for all the random spiders in my house. i feed them and rescue them from the bathtub/shower. for some reason they love my bathroom.
    eeep you can have all the spiders in my house!! we get some huge ones in the summertime cause we live right behind a huge space with just trees and bushes... spider heaven. GIANT WOLF SPIDERS! *runs away*
    i would like to have a giant anteater for a pet, like the one that was in kingdom hospital... anyone remember that show? i loved it, but only got to see the first 5 episodes wanna get it on dvds.

hi all ,we have house spiders that can get quite big in the u.k ,they always seem to fall in the bath and another type just called desdria it has huge fangs and eats woodlice ,and another type called mouse spiders (which come out at night and sort of creep along ) i love spiders mike

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

i remember kingdom hospital! i think i only watched that cause it was based on a stephen king book... i love stephen king. he's creepy, tho.

man, all this spider talk would drive my roomie crazy, she's arachnophobic and makes me kill any she finds around the apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by the_darkness_calls
    i remember kingdom hospital! i think i only watched that cause it was based on a stephen king book... i love stephen king. he's creepy, tho.

man, all this spider talk would drive my roomie crazy, she's arachnophobic and makes me kill any she finds around the apartment.
    HAHAA sounds like me i hate spiders... but promised my friend skankie that i would stop killing them... so... now i throw em outside and yell at them that if they ever come back ill get someone else to kill em!

i heart stephen king

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

stephen king is coming out with a new book on jan. 24 called "Cell"... it's about how some kind of rays from cell phones turn people into zombies. i am sooooo gonna borrow it from work

i had 2 emperor scorpians named rocko and sophia. my g/f had a south american python named thrasher and a ball python named babydoll. her dream, though, is to own a monkey. i would let her get one but it would become my drinking buddy. i would teach it to open its own bottles. she could clean up after it though. lol

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

I wanna crocodile
    stupid new zealand....

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

i once had a hedgehog who refused to eat or drink anything. Then i had this pet mummy that looked like a hedgehog i once had. i also had a cat with downs syndrome.

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

awww, spaz kitty
    <3

I love hedgehogs

so do i. i want another one. but i'm afraid of mummies.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

i have a bobcat........is that weird?

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    i have a bobcat........is that weird?
    Not if you mean a cat named Bob. Otherwise, yes.

i only had a couple of cats. love cats. I would like to have a python, but they ger a bit to big after a while.
    Would be funny though, when people ask you "do you have any pets" you say " i have 10 pet mice, more or less.
    and a python". And watch the reaction. Mmmm. Not really enough reason to get one.
    Those hairless cats are pretty weird too.

X

i have a cat who loves to chew on piercings and try to rip them out. and if i lose a gasket to a plug she'll steal it out of my ear when i'm asleep.

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

i have a mountain lion "kilo" a black wolf "lokey" and a small bird named gooseduck: he is either a goose or a duck and alot of dogs "we raise and breed aussies"

Why didnt you call the wolf Fenrir? Its a wolf and the son of Loki, right? (If my memory is serving me well)

X

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhhep
    Why didnt you call the wolf Fenrir? Its a wolf and the son of Loki, right? (If my memory is serving me well)

X
    well Loki was the god of mischief and his animal form was a wolf, my wolf like to get into everything he was hiding in a pile of chothes today and jumped out and growled when i had my back turned to scare me.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ravenheart
    Spiders don’t bother me. They used to when I was younger, but now they aren’t so bad. The reason a spider often goes to the shower is because of the climate and the terrain. A spider that makes webs gets most of its water from moisture collected on its web. A second reason is most bathtubs have a 90 degree corner that makes a web easier to build and maintain for the spider. Third... it is a predator’s nature to hunt near watering holes. You would be surprised how many insects actually travel to your bathroom during the night. A standard house had millipedes/centipedes, pill beetles, ear wigs, spiders, flies, beetles and several different forms of might’s that live inside the walls and under flooring. These insects are often never seen due to their life styles... but they are around. If you ever want to see just what kind of insects live in your home. Leave a small container of water in your bathroom tub or floor as well as some small sugar cubes. Then use a black light and a camera to record during the night. You would be surprised to see how many insects make the nightly migration to your bathroom.
    ty for the explanation. it makes sense now that i think about it.

ok well honestly if I did that and then watched it I would have to bleach my tub every morning before using it. I have a masive fear of tranchulas (strangly im ok with daddy longlegs though)and centipedes. I'm not scared of all bugs but... well I'll run screaming with histarics at the sight of a tranchula

I would kill for a pit-rottwieler. sorry about the spelling i'm working on it though

how bout a cross between a mastiff and a bulldog? Those are some pretty impressive puppies too.

X

(gothic rose-oops forgot about that-)

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

I have 4 fishies, 2 gold fish, 1 chinese algae eater and one big fuckign algae eater. My girlfriend takes care of the fishies. I also have 3 birds, 2 budgies and a finh, untill a day and a half ago I had a 6 year old Water dragon who recently Died. RIP ZEUS, I also have my little puppy Missy who is a Shih Tzu She rocks. Oh shit and 2 Hermit Crabs, Maggie And Spencer.

+ Reply to Thread