+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ancient architecture with Psychological effects?

Default Ancient architecture with Psychological effects?

I cant remember the names of the societes, but certain types of cultures created Architecture styles that could influence a persons mind, to make them Happy, Sad,Angry, Peaceful, and/or could even make somebody go Insane if they had stared at their architecture enough!

Any ideas on what some of these cultures were, or details?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Ancient architecture with Psychological effects?

Yeah it's called Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

ive been told that a person who lives in a square room long enough will go insane...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

memorydream's Avatar Sage

The Junior High School I went to, which stands just as it was then. Always looked like Stone Gate prison. It had long, high slanting walls and you really could not see a lot of windows. Inside it had those removable walls, to make rooms bigger or smaller and was a bit maze-like to me. It seemed like whenever I went there, there was snow or rain. The coldest snow storm I can remember happened when I attended there as well. It was a gray prison to me and it always affected the deepest repression and sadness in me.

I look at it today and it reeks of the psychic energy of the repressed.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

The ancient, rotting, falling-apart, nasty, moldy, intrinsically smelly, fire-hazardous house that I live in now makes me frustrated and pissed off. Something's always falling apart, literally (last week it was a group of shelves built into the counter-- spilled spices all over the place). But the rooms are nice & big and the rent cheap so I stay....

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    The ancient, rotting, falling-apart, nasty, moldy, intrinsically smelly, fire-hazardous house that I live in now makes me frustrated and pissed off. Something's always falling apart, literally (last week it was a group of shelves built into the counter-- spilled spices all over the place). But the rooms are nice & big and the rent cheap so I stay....
    I hear ya on that one. The pipes must be bad where I'm living as the water smells disgusting and tastes really bad. The "head of household" where I live doesn't want to fix them as she does not want rent to go up (which they do quite frequently in the town I live). But, three others and I will be moving into a better, bigger place, with way better people (including super genius trans-sexual and a lesbian scientist-type). So, I hope something like that sneaks up on you and it's cheap. (Yes, I know you're in CA, but it is the thought that counts.)

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    I hear ya on that one. The pipes must be bad where I'm living as the water smells disgusting and tastes really bad. The "head of household" where I live doesn't want to fix them as she does not want rent to go up (which they do quite frequently in the town I live). But, three others and I will be moving into a better, bigger place, with way better people (including super genius trans-sexual and a lesbian scientist-type). So, I hope something like that sneaks up on you and it's cheap. (Yes, I know you're in CA, but it is the thought that counts.)
    That reminds me of the previous house that had been the residence of my family and I. The water turned people's teeth orange for some reason.

Orange teeth, whoa!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Orange teeth, that's nothing, but it's caused by well water and the iron deposits therein. A friend of mine, a natural pale blond, showered in well water every day so her hair was a pretty dark red. The apt I live in now is aweful. the elevators would just as soon move side to side as up and down, the "penthouse" hall way comming from the elevators twords my door kinda slants, made all the more obviouse by the badly hung door at the end of the hallway. damned place is falling apart. there's a fire alarm "pull station" on the second floor that has a loose pin in the handle so every now and then the fire alarm will go off for no reason. (rule of thumb around here is that if it doesn't stop after a min or 2, go a head and find the stairwell). this building will make you crazy. I'm so glad i'm moving out soon. i won't even get into the stuff that's fucked up in the apt. I don't think those peoples you tlaked about built things to make ppl go crazy, i think they were just bad land lords:p
    K

It could also be rust in the pipes?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Perhaps. I'd trade all the well water in Fla for a bldg that doesn't wobble everytime some enters/leaves the garage. Living in LA that can really make you loony tunes...
    L

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Perhaps. I'd trade all the well water in Fla for a bldg that doesn't wobble everytime some enters/leaves the garage. Living in LA that can really make you loony tunes...
    L

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

after reading all this I should be grateful for my good fortune. I found this apt 1 1/2 years ago, the rent is sickeningly cheap, the landlord pays all the utilities, its HUGE (its a renovated/converted barn) with NO neighbors!! I feel so lucky now :p

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    after reading all this I should be grateful for my good fortune. I found this apt 1 1/2 years ago, the rent is sickeningly cheap, the landlord pays all the utilities, its HUGE (its a renovated/converted barn) with NO neighbors!! I feel so lucky now :p
    Revel in it! So when's the house party? Yeah, my landlord is worse than horrible. He's cheap and the house shows it. And the architects of this house would probably shriek in their graves if they knew the condition their house is in now.

+ Reply to Thread