+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi,I'm new...

Darknessismylight2877's Avatar Member

Default Hi,I'm new...

Hello fellow Goths,
    I wanted to tell you a little about myself so I decided that I would use a list type thing so that I don't go into some long essay about who I am.

1. I live on the Ms. Gulf Coast with my parents ( believe me I didn't want to I had to thanks to alot of uncontrollable circumstances)
    2. I have two cats named Padme and Kimee. I will probably be posting pics of them, because I love them soo much.
    3. I am a huge Sci-fi buff
    4. I love the ballet.
    5. I am big into costuming. Especially Renaissance, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Vampires, and so many more.
    6. I'm a big theater person. Probably why I like costuming so much
    7. I love to read. I'm a big nerd in that respect.
    8. I love all types of music. I do mean all types.
    9. I love to take walks in old graveyards.
    10. I like thunder storms
    11.Blacks, Purple,and Darker coluors look best on me.( this one is a totally random thing)
    12.I love and I mean love Asian food and anything Asian as far as design wise.
    13. I am a huge Huge HUGE Broncos fan.
    14. I believe in mixing modern medicine with Homiopathic (sp) medicine
    15. I am proud to say that I can now express who I am after years of being unhappy with following what my parents and others thought I should be like.

Well that's it. You can ask me questions about almost anything and I'll be glad to answer them if I can.

D.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Hi,I'm new...

hello, and welcome, and all that good stuff

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Hello and welcome...not goth myself, but I figured you were giving a general shout-out...so enjoy and be merry...or depressed, whatever floats your boat...which I assume isn't painted blue and white, with a funny little play on words for a name.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Welcome and enjoy...........Feel free to send out a greeting to us non goths as well. ( punkrock and proud )

Hello! (sorry nothing interesting to say yet!)

Please forgive me for not sending a Hello to all the non-Goths as well..I wrote that at like 2 am and was trying to get my self sleepy...so here it is Hello to all you non-Goths out there you rock rock rock

Hello, and welcome!

hello, and welcome.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Do you do costumes for theatre too?

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Hallo there...

Please tell me you love the Sci-fi movies with midgets... Total recall, Time Bandits, all the others.

BC

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I like costumes too...

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    Hallo there...

Please tell me you love the Sci-fi movies with midgets... Total recall, Time Bandits, all the others.

BC
    Yes I do....plus they have some awesome costumes in those movies that I might attempt one day...

I haven't made any theatre stuff from scratch....but I have hemmed and mended and have helped build alot of costumes...and when I mean build I mean I didn't sew them but actually hot glued and hammered costumes together....I am in the process of learning how to sew so I'm trying my hand at quilts, pillows and little projects like that first and then get into making more difficult stuff like reproducing costumes from Labyrinth and movies like that. I am also learning how to put together movie costumes with clothes you have in your closet and things you find at the thrift store....Costuming is soooo much fun..

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Hello. Welcome. Get comfy and stay awhile.

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessismylight2877
    like reproducing costumes from Labyrinth and movies like that...
    make me a goblin king jacket? hehe... i'd be your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Slayer
    hello.

make me a goblin king jacket? hehe... i'd be your best friend.

Once I master the basics and maybe the intermidiates I'll be glad to attempt one...hopefully it won't turn out like the pillow I tried to make out of denim ....that was very bad *shudders at the memory*

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I did a pretty cool Skexi costume last year... Hahaha! All hot glue gun action!

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

my cat just tried to make friends with a hot glue gun it was on.

ouch poor kitty...When we were doing The Mikado our head costume mistress' dog ate some of the ribbon and she had to take him to the vet because he got all backed up, then he also had an incident with a hot glue gun and I think he got sick from playing with one of the wigs we had...I'm surprised he survived the production

ooo Skexi.....do you have pics that you can post or send me...I would love to know how you did it...I'm always open to all costuming ideas and tips...I want to one day make my own corset...I love corsets...
    Last edited by Darknessismylight2877; 01-20-2006 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I skipped words and I'm a perfectionist

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Gotta love Sushi! *drooling* I live in the middle of nowhere now...used to live in Vancouver, Asian food around every corner, now the best I can do is all you can eat Chinese (HA) buffet. *sigh*

Modern + Homeopathic is very cool as well! I'm beginning a counselling career (specifying in Addictions) and I realize the value in the natural (unconventional?) healing methods. It's amazing what can be accomplished when we realize that we need not be confined to one choice or the other..you know? So true with everything in life. Why have Pickles OR Ice Cream when you could have Pickles AND Ice Cream?!

Sushi *drools* I also am a fan of sushi....and since the Hurricane there are no good Chinese food places, not even buffet style.....One of my favorites is Korean..My uncle married a Korean woman and well she sort of spoiled me with Kimchee and her noodles were soo good....I used to date a guy in Jr. High whose parents owned a Chinese restaurunt in Colorado and his grandmother came from China and loved the fact that I would eat what they ate and I would eat it with chopsticks...She said I was a good girl and that my looks might not be Chinese but my heart was...she was soo sweet..

Modern and Homeopathic is how my mom is fighting her cancer...she even changed her diet and only eats twice a day and eats a lot of raw foods and doesn't eat anything processed or any sugar...she's lost lost like 30 lbs eating like that...it's pretty cool..I also am big into taking as little Over the counter meds as possible... I try pressure point or relaxing before I take anything for a headache and do my best to stay from the things that trigger my migraines...not easy but soo worth it..

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

I took a few years of Mandarin Chinese language classes in high school. Part of the experience was to go to Chinatown and chow on some "authentic" Dim Sum...very tasty stuff. And eating with chopsticks is definately a comendable skill....I always find it embarassing when I go to a Chinese restaraunt (or wherever) with someone who asks for a fork. *sigh* I realize it does take practice though, so no offence intended to those people who do indeed ask for a fork!

Over the counter medications can be more harmful than many people realize. We spent a lot of time in my substance abuse course talking about the effects of Asprin, Acetophinomen (sp?) and ibuprophen on the liver and body as a whole. Instead of running to the medicine cabinet, more people should take a few minutes to practice some deep breathing, and maybe even some guided imagery and/or muscle relaxation! It is amazing how mind over matter can actually work for us!

ooo I'm jealous....I've always wanted to learn Chinese....I took Russian in highschool....I totally know the dangers of taking over the counter stuff...I used to have to take Motrin and aleve for my ankle when I busted a year ago....I tried not to take to much though, but the pain sometimes was way beyond what I could handle since I really did a number on it...but now I only take them occasionaly when I have a really bad headache or when I'm really in a lot of pain...I'm talking like I'm about to kill the next person who comes near me kind of pain...

hi whats up i just registered recently

Quote Originally Posted by ladylatexxx
    hi whats up i just registered recently

Hi and welcome....nothing much here

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

mmmmm chinese food... i plan on taking an asian culinary arts course as part of my cooking school ill probly do that one first cause i love chinese food sooo much!!! (hehe ill mail you some )

+ Reply to Thread