+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psychic Premonitions or Just Feelings...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Psychic Premonitions or Just Feelings...

Do you ever feel as if you are getting some kind of message from some other kind of power? I do...

Lately I have been going to the Metropolitan Museum of art in NYC, which is the absolute pinnacle of GOTHNESS, I mean, this is the REAL gothic stuff, babe... Serious gothicness...

Anyway, there is this one area, a beautiful Spanish courtyard from the year 1586 or around there (actually around the same time as my film script), and there is a desk there on the balcony, carved from BONE, yes BONE, and gold and wood. And sometimes when I go there, I start crying. I get this feeling of intense sadness, and it pulls me to this spot. I tried to look it up on the web, but just found a lot of desks like it...

SO I wonder if there is some reason why I am drawn to this spot, what happened there, or to someone that owned this desk. This has happened several times...

Has anyone had any kind of psychic experiences like this that they can't explain?

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default Re: Psychic Premonitions or Just Feelings...

Have you aked someone working at the museum if they know what the history of the desk is?

Reincarnation?

I know I'm not helping, but finding out the who owned the desk originally may help a lot. I'm curious to see this desk myself, now.

First, sit down and think deeply about your reaction; try to sort out exactly what it is that makes you sad. Then, sit down and write whatever comes to mind regarding the desk. Don't analyze it, just let it flow out.

Then, research the desk, and determine its history.

Finally, compare.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    Have you aked someone working at the museum if they know what the history of the desk is?

Reincarnation?

I know I'm not helping, but finding out the who owned the desk originally may help a lot. I'm curious to see this desk myself, now.
    That's a good idea, I should ask someone at the museum. Some of the guards don't know anything, but someone else might know.

It belonged to some Duchess of something, and I looked it up on the web and could not find anything. Maybe I will check again.

And I looked up the kind of desk it was, and there are lots of similar desks...

But when I go back this weekend, I will try to find someone that knows about it.

Actually one of the guards was telling me about the GHOSTS in the museum and how lots of the guards had seen ghosts! Isn't that cool?

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    First, sit down and think deeply about your reaction; try to sort out exactly what it is that makes you sad. Then, sit down and write whatever comes to mind regarding the desk. Don't analyze it, just let it flow out.

Then, research the desk, and determine its history.

Finally, compare.
    That's a good idea. It was this overwhelming sadness, and I cried, and I could not leave. I keep going back to this desk. I will go back on Saturday morning when no one is there. That's the best time.

I've had bizarre premintions most of my life. The one that made me realize it wasn't all in my head happened when I was 8 years old. My baby sitter was going to take her two children and myself either to get ice cream or McDonald's. I absolutely flipped out, and was very insistent we couldn't go to McDonald's, that something bad was going to happen there. I was a quiet child, so fo rme to freak out was completely uncharacteristic. My baby sitter asked me if I missed my Mom or if something had upset me at school, and I told her no, we just couldn't go anywhere near McDonald's (we were in a small town that only had one at the time). So she caved and took us for ice cream. When we got back to her house a neighbor who had heard her mention something about McDonald's earlier in the day called to see if we were okay. It turned out that some guy went into MacDonald's held people hostage and shot two people (one fatally). I was pretty shaken up by it, and I've never doubted my instincts since.

Oh, and I would research the desk if I were you.

Mistress Jennifer, is there a name given to this desk? I thik it would help to research it further if I had a name for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylkitty
    I've had bizarre premintions most of my life. The one that made me realize it wasn't all in my head happened when I was 8 years old. My baby sitter was going to take her two children and myself either to get ice cream or McDonald's. I absolutely flipped out, and was very insistent we couldn't go to McDonald's, that something bad was going to happen there. I was a quiet child, so fo rme to freak out was completely uncharacteristic. My baby sitter asked me if I missed my Mom or if something had upset me at school, and I told her no, we just couldn't go anywhere near McDonald's (we were in a small town that only had one at the time). So she caved and took us for ice cream. When we got back to her house a neighbor who had heard her mention something about McDonald's earlier in the day called to see if we were okay. It turned out that some guy went into MacDonald's held people hostage and shot two people (one fatally). I was pretty shaken up by it, and I've never doubted my instincts since.

Wow! Really? That gives me chills just thinking about it... OHhhhhh! Definitely never doubt your instincts. That's got to be proof enough for anyone that could ever doubt your psychic abilities...

http://www.artfact.com/features/hous...m?iid=3p642Q6N

OK the desk is called a "vargueno", a sort of medeival desk, and it is LIKE this one. It was owned later by the Duchesse de Richelieu:

Voltaire seems to have written a short poem about her, and a book by Pierre Loti was dedicated to her, both of these are translated rather awkwardly into English from French.

I can't figure out if she was married to Armand Richelieu, or she was related to him in some way... I read somewhere that his wife was disfigured, but then later the article mentions The Duchesse de Richelieu as someone seperate, so I don't think she was married to him. I could be wrong...

So I imagine she was in the literary circle in the 1700's, around the time of Voltaire.

Then in 1739 she lived in Paris with a female writer, a friend of Voltaire, names Francoise de Grafigney, who was like a "ladies companion" to her... H-m-m-m-m...

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

:S scary desk omg... and even scarier mcdonalds premonition! god.
    i would love to go to the museum with you tho jennifer museums are awesome.
    once in awhile ill have this little thing... like out of nowhere ill know that someone is gonna call me, then a few minutes later they call... or the next song on the radio or something... it used to creep out my friend soooo bad (when i was stil friends with her anyways heh) we had this friend named rory, he lived with his aunt and uncle near our places... so me and my friend would walk up to the park behind rorys house and out of nowhere i would get this feeling that rory was coming home, and i would tell her... shed be like oh fuck not again!! then 4 or 5 minutes later he would fuckin drive up the street in his car covered with stickers... (haha he told us he worked in a sticker factory... how cool is that!) but this happened ALL THE TIME!!! almost every time we walked up to the park! it was so weird. strange connection with this guy or something...
    kinda sucked that he moved back to australia heh... i totally had a crush on him. he was cute

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    :S scary desk omg... and even scarier mcdonalds premonition! god.
    i would love to go to the museum with you tho jennifer museums are awesome.
    once in awhile ill have this little thing... like out of nowhere ill know that someone is gonna call me, then a few minutes later they call... or the next song on the radio or something... it used to creep out my friend soooo bad (when i was stil friends with her anyways heh) we had this friend named rory, he lived with his aunt and uncle near our places... so me and my friend would walk up to the park behind rorys house and out of nowhere i would get this feeling that rory was coming home, and i would tell her... shed be like oh fuck not again!! then 4 or 5 minutes later he would fuckin drive up the street in his car covered with stickers... (haha he told us he worked in a sticker factory... how cool is that!) but this happened ALL THE TIME!!! almost every time we walked up to the park! it was so weird. strange connection with this guy or something...
    kinda sucked that he moved back to australia heh... i totally had a crush on him. he was cute
    Go to the museum with me!! It's my favorite place...

Yes it sounds like you had a real connection with this guy. I think having a crush on someone can be more than just a crush, and you can kind of sense things about them. Maybe you had a crush on him because you had this connection too...

hah no i just had a crush on him cause he was cute
    but yeah i dunno why i had this weird connection with him... it was strange. it wasnt even really anything more than a crush :S he was cute.. kindof a cool guy... thats about it.
    heh last museum i was at was in victoria BC...the royal BC museum when they had their dinosaur exhibit... they had a HUUUGE wooden shipping crate outside with like "caution" tape all around it, and every once in awhile it would shake and ROAR!! scarin all the little kids hehe... it was awesome.

That's cute! hah! The dinosaur museum, the Museum of Natural History is actually about three blocks from my house, they have all them bones, etc...

But I like the Met better.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

hi Mistress Jennifah!

it's weird... I get this feeling a lot. One of the most common things I do is always try to guess the exact time before looking at the clock. I realize this doesnt make me psychic... but there's a lot of times, like if i'm on a long hike by myself.... I'll go hours without looking at my watch... and be able to guess the time almost exactly and sometimes right to the minute. I dont ponder over it... I just try to let the numbers pop into my head. I do this a lot when watching tv or listening to the radio. I think that since all energies and beings in this universe are interconnected on a molecular level, I can really tune in to things that I cant see or hear. I'll also get feelings of sadness when friends or family members get hurt...before I know what even happened. I like knowing that although I sometimes feel alone, my being is really intertwined with everything else in the time-space equilibrium. when we die, we are never really alone.

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    hi Mistress Jennifah!

it's weird... I get this feeling a lot. One of the most common things I do is always try to guess the exact time before looking at the clock. I realize this doesnt make me psychic... but there's a lot of times, like if i'm on a long hike by myself.... I'll go hours without looking at my watch... and be able to guess the time almost exactly and sometimes right to the minute. I dont ponder over it... I just try to let the numbers pop into my head. I do this a lot when watching tv or listening to the radio. I think that since all energies and beings in this universe are interconnected on a molecular level, I can really tune in to things that I cant see or hear. I'll also get feelings of sadness when friends or family members get hurt...before I know what even happened. I like knowing that although I sometimes feel alone, my being is really intertwined with everything else in the time-space equilibrium. when we die, we are never really alone.
    You are definitely psychic... That happens to me to, I feel sad before something sad happens..

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I don't usually dream about my maternal grandfather, but I recently dreamed about him the morning he died. It was a fairly neutral dream about sitting at a kitchen table with him, listening to some stories of his life, maybe waiting for someone. A scenario which happened a zillion times when he was younger. But I woke up freaked out like I'd had a nightmare and then my mom called. Creepy synchronicity anyway.

I know several people who have had a dream about a relative like that. My ex husband had a similar one about his great grandfather the day he died. Also, I have an oncologist friend who said when he patients tell him they had a dream about a dead relative visiting them in the hospital he knows they are close to death. Kind weird huh? I think it's part of our brain we don't normally use kicking in.

I love that desk Mistress Jennifer, Id take it home if I could ever dream of having the cash to pay the auction. and as for dreams of someone that has deceased, Yep I had one the night My dad died, which was weird, He called from a airport in the dream, saying He would miss Me , and I was freaked when I found out He had died.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I used to have lots of dreams about dead people, disturbing scientific experiment like dreams. Alchohol is the best cure

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I don't usually dream about my maternal grandfather, but I recently dreamed about him the morning he died. It was a fairly neutral dream about sitting at a kitchen table with him, listening to some stories of his life, maybe waiting for someone. A scenario which happened a zillion times when he was younger. But I woke up freaked out like I'd had a nightmare and then my mom called. Creepy synchronicity anyway.
    Amelia, do you think it is possible that you really communicated with his spirit? That's what people say, that when you are sleeping, that is when you can be contacted by spirits. I like to think that this is true, that he was saying goodbye to you... I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylkitty
    I know several people who have had a dream about a relative like that. My ex husband had a similar one about his great grandfather the day he died. Also, I have an oncologist friend who said when he patients tell him they had a dream about a dead relative visiting them in the hospital he knows they are close to death. Kind weird huh? I think it's part of our brain we don't normally use kicking in.
    WOO! That is creepy about the oncologist!! People have contact from people that have recently died, and so have I, lots of different kinds of contact, dreams, visions, I tried to contact them by sort of thinking about them, and they would appear to me in different ways... That was a long time ago, not dead yet!!! Maybe the oncologist means when the dreams involve being in the hospital. I hope so....

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    I love that desk Mistress Jennifer, Id take it home if I could ever dream of having the cash to pay the auction. and as for dreams of someone that has deceased, Yep I had one the night My dad died, which was weird, He called from a airport in the dream, saying He would miss Me , and I was freaked when I found out He had died.
    You see, that really was your dad. I believe it. That was the spirit of your dad talking to you. Aren't you glad that he said that to you though? I don't think it is really a dream, I think his spirit contacted you. I know he did. Come on, four people in a row on this board have had this experience, it's got to be real.

Isn't that desk great? It actually looks just like that. I went there yesterday, but I didn't feel anything. H-m-m-m-m...

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i am a firm believer in the science of psychics.

they have proven that birds have these crystals inside there chest/brain cells that can magnetically detect north (i heard this one a long time ago so it might be off a bit, regardless they have a built in biological compass)

so i believe that it is possible that energy waves and spiritual emotions and other paranormal events can be explained scientifically. just not measurable by science yet.

like people who can read aura's are just better at reading a persons body language and making a judgement off of it.

who knows maybe a person who was so sad left some kind of chemical residue (something along the lines of pheromones) that even after all these years can cause a sadness in you. or some other explanation that humans can't even begin to explain.

so yes i believe in all that stuff.

yeah animals can for sure tell when youre sad... my dog will sometimes come and sit with me and cuddle if im really sad.
    and my dog isnt cuddly :S hehe...

+ Reply to Thread