+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running E85 ethanol

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

Default Running E85 ethanol

For those whom drive,.. America for a country that is supposed to be so advanced and up with the times we sure do go out of our way to avoid change.

We are one of the only country despite Our enormous post-continental size to relie on gasolines and cruder oils as heavily as we do. Other countries are already running on kerosine. Hydrogen powered vechicles are being worked on to be safer thus allowing more of the general public to pocess one.

With out to much heresay,.. and I don't work for or am in any way bought off by this company but quite the contrary think it to be an excellent idea for those out on the road today gave gave the possiblity of running E85 in their cars alittle more thought.

According to what I've heard its E85ethanol as in simple put 85% distilled corn(MOONSHINE) and 15% gasoline. Its 105 octane which is race fuel octane levels by todays standards,.. but its unleaded which allows you to run it in a regular car,..

OFF TOPIC>> I've discussed this with friends and their simply looking to make slight modifications to their current cars as upposed to buysing a $40 thousand dollar car that's expected to save them money 65+ years down the line, and lets face it the all mighty cars gods running the scenes now aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

So in short check out these sites and submit your location to try and get E85 in your area.

http://www.gm.com/company/onlygm/

http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

Default Re: Running E85 ethanol

ethanol is a stopgap measure untill we upgrade our cars to hydrogenpowered ones,then hydrogen comes into full force and we wont have that untill we have more nuclear power plants

hydrogen is a good fuel since it turns into water but it is more like a energy transfer device since it takes more energy to make hydrogen than it produces

sure they could set up some solar and wind(bird choppers),we cant make anymore dams since it disturbs the fish

we need a cheap source of electricity to make the hydrogen if the nuclear power plants can just do their shit straight nothing happens every time there is an accident they are experimenting with something

reprocessing the uranium and using the depleted uranium in bullets against our enemys (aka psycho arab nutjobs who are now poor since we arent buying their oil)will take care of most of the waste

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

and the nuclear power plants pollute both the air and the water just as much as the former gasoline output did. the problem is that we will never advance to a point where we produce more then we consume because our defintion of "advancement" is a population that increases by a billion people every half-decade and all those people driving to work everyday to mcdonalds and sony and motorola and ford.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I got a V8 so I needs my gas

the way that we deal with our resources, which is to use them frivolously on useless products, most of which are made just to be thrown away for the sole purpose of maximizing profits on paper, and our booming population growth ensures that we will never have enough to provide. and how do we deal with it? ditto on the resources, we just think up new and different ways to achieve the same results. and we've never done anything to deal with population growth, the only country that even tackled the issue is China. and they've just dealt with it the same way that we do to stop drugs and terrorism. Welcome to the 21st century and to the new improved drug-free, terrorist-free, and balanced population World. We're Fucked.

don't worry morning glory, all according to plan, the planet doesn't need us to regenerate itself

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

nuclear power when used as is should no experimentation no weaponization it is cleaner than solar and its all natural

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    the way that we deal with our resources, which is to use them frivolously on useless products, most of which are made just to be thrown away for the sole purpose of maximizing profits on paper, and our booming population growth ensures that we will never have enough to provide. and how do we deal with it? ditto on the resources, we just think up new and different ways to achieve the same results. and we've never done anything to deal with population growth, the only country that even tackled the issue is China. and they've just dealt with it the same way that we do to stop drugs and terrorism. Welcome to the 21st century and to the new improved drug-free, terrorist-free, and balanced population World. We're Fucked.

Wow never thougth I'd hear America be compared to China in a population issue,.. but realistically,.. we are second to china in energy cunsumption,.. they get their help from japan and are in the works with russia for resouces for the next 25 years,...

China and india are very buddy buddy and they out populate america on a ratio that makes your american population control sound ridicoulous for even suggesting it at this point still.

hydrogen skates won't be made available for many years still and even when they do become available,... they are not going to go at prices that are going to allow just anyone to drive off with a descent one. you should look into these more,.. its going to be a get what you pay for type issue,.. mostly software based,.. I'm keeping it old school and true to the man and machine relations,.. as upposed to the man vs machine that is in store for the future which will feel like a money vs money for machine issue.

E85 in my opinion is an excellent idea,.. and I'm all for getting into it within the next two years.

Also I was made aware that E85 is American based fuel source,.. as in many countries can produce it on there own but look to the US to produce it mass qualities for them.

Brasil is already E100

it is not cleaner then solar. yes the actual energy itself is "clean". the process of producing and maintaining it results in all kinds of toxic waste. for the former american plants they just dumped it into the ocean, but for the landlocked sites they have to dig a big pit to pour all the shit into which pretty much fucks the water table and ensures that nothing will ever be able to live on that area again, unless it's nuclear powered robots. Which I believe is what we are shooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by P I L O T
    China and india are very buddy buddy and they out populate america on a ratio that makes your american population control sound ridicoulous for even suggesting it at this point still.
    sounds like wishful thinking to me. It's only because we have the luxury of the worlds third largest land mass, and we exterminated 100 natives for every white person to get it. take a look at a village in china and india, then go to west virginia and see who's popping out more ankle biters.

in the east the birth rate is let's say 100,000 kids a day. in the west it's 20,000 a day. sounds like it's not a problem for us... until you consider the rate per capita. that's 100,000 from out of 100,000 people in the east. it's 20,000 from 5,000 people in the west.

but that's a pointless issue really. Im thinking globally, not just on a nation to nation basis. We can close the gates and hope that it will keep the barbarians out of the castle, but how long do you think that plan will work for? not forever.

I mean fuck, let us close the borders. go back to resources. how long would the US last on it's own? since we produce nothing, without the global market i'd give us about three months.

ok, sorry. now that i've polluted this whole thread, I'm gonna bow out now. haha. the only true point of relelvence was yours Mr. Karl.

sounds like wishful thinking to me. It's only because we have the luxury of the worlds third largest land mass, and we exterminated 100 natives for every white person to get it. take a look at a village in china and india, then go to west virginia and see who's popping out more ankle biters.

okay so in your opinion would kind of steps would you put in place to regulate this issue or trend that your seeing take place,...

100 year plan lets say,...

now I want you to think about vietnam,.. and why more and more ammo got shipped in but more and more men kept attacking,..
    what is the population of india? what is the population of china? what is the population japan? what is the population of russia?(on there east most side) what is the population of America? in comparison.

and not to stray too far from the point but personally I want to keep whatever money I can get ahold of in my pocket/bank account. the piston engine powerplant in automobile is world wide technology,.. which makes converting over to E85 much simplier than bracing auto technicians world wide for the sophisticatied world of transportaion the world of automobiles is to become. Also again on the plain of practability larger transportation frieghts would benefit from converting to E85. Think of all the mail trucks that run all year long,.. the food delivery trucks,.. water delivery truck,.. newpaper trucks etc etc etc and the list goes on and on.

again 100 year plan,.. I can agree on the unfair that it becomes when you hear about or come to know how people realistically relie on making more babies for a way to live,.. relaying on the government to support their children. Is it fair that the hard working blue collar americans across the nation work and never see their lives improve?!? Its a very seperate issue really,.. but the truth is it is one planet and everything ties into each other in one way or another.

Also see yourself 10 years from now with a very unexpected 5 children to care for,.. in 10 years,.. and with 2 more on the way,.. then tell me what kind of a 100 year plan you would propose on a world wide scale.

Personally I would imagine if energy consumption became too strong an issue I would imagine the first step that would be introduce is introducing a schedule when resources would become available,.. for example half the country would get resources 12pm thru 12am then it would shut off and go to the other side of the country in a 12 hour block,.. sure it might should ridicolous when you think about it being an american in america,.. but other countries have been known to survive on these limited resources schedules,.. sometimes people would go for days without running water.

Humanity does not just lay down turn over give itself up when things aren't severed for it,.. it survives,.. factories invest in generators labor continues,.. the kinds of foods people consume change as well ,.. and the list goes on indefinitely

Personally I would imagine if energy consumption became too strong an issue I would imagine the first step that would be introduce is introducing a schedule when resources would become available,.. for example half the country would get resources 12pm thru 12am then it would shut off and go to the other side of the country in a 12 hour block,.. sure it might should ridicolous when you think about it being an american in america,.. but other countries have been known to survive on these limited resources schedules,.. sometimes people would go for days without running water.
    This reminds me of when gas had to be rationed back during that gasoline crisis and you could only get gas on certain days.

During the hurricanes here, people were insane. Lines were down to road for gasoline for their cars and their fuel powered devices. Even if it probably wouldn't hit, people were scared and were willing to wait an insane length of time just to be sure.

The average American doesn't know much, if anything, outside his own town. Sure, complying when it is first issued will somehow be contorted into being a Patriotic act of some kind, no doubt. But when that effect wares off and becomes a 'nuisance', it will be instead 'infringing upon our rights' and some BS excuse to allow themselves to have access to as much gas as they would want.

No doubt after much BS it would just become a fact of life, but then again, BS is always a fact of life.

I don't really see any choice. to me the obvious answer is stop having lots of kids, stop wasting resources (recycle, reduce, reuse), stop bending over backwards for corporate intrests, get educated about what's going on in the world. But that isn't the obvious answer, becasue people aren't doing those things. I can go on and on about economics, politics, sociology,history, but it really boils down to the individual and what they decide matters to them at the end of the day. I know that nothing I say is going to change that. I hate to be pessimistic but I don't really see a positive outcome, that's made clear to me constantly. I just take comfort in the fact that once we screw ourselves over into the grave, then the world will return back to it's state of harmony. In the meantime I'm going to do what I need to do to make my quality of living one that aligns itself with that ideal. the harmony, not the destruction, that is.

in the fact that once we screw ourselves over into the grave, then the world will return back to it's state of harmony. In the meantime I'm going to do what I need to do to make my quality of living one that .

When was the world ever in a "state of harmony"? like truely,.. its definitely sometime to aspire towards but,.. achieved in the past globally?!?
    (isn't there always a war somewhere,.. ??)

of course maybe the planet is actually a conscious being and is actually working on a way to harmonize with us , in fact, maybe it's 'people flare up problem' is an old one. Anyway, I have faith in the planet, I gave up on the people years and years ago, so now they and thier excessive families can drown in thier own shit, well a few will learn to swim, a fuck never mind.......

When was the world ever in a "state of harmony"? like truely,.. its definitely sometime to aspire towards but,.. achieved in the past globally?!?
    (isn't there always a war somewhere,.. ??)
    roughly one and half billion to 15,000 years ago globally. Then it's harder to get a clear estimate, but i'd say somewhere in the realm of 15,000 to 5,000 years ago eveywhere but north africa, the middle east, parts of the far east, and parts of southern europe. and from then it on it was pretty much only in the western hemisphere and parts of asia/ australia for up till about 500 years ago. It jumps around a lot after that point and then around 150 years ago onward till now is the point where it shifted to harmony being in the ever decreasing minority.

basically it follows the history of the west's so called progress, which really just means a group of people doing things that are not in harmony with the world. everything else is in harmony, it's only people that aren't, and the span between the times is when larger and larher groups of people have been disrupting nature.

roughly one and half billion to 15,000 years ago globally. Then it's harder to get a clear estimate, but i'd say somewhere in the realm of 15,000 to 5,000 years ago eveywhere but north africa, the middle east, parts of the far east, and parts of southern europe. and from then it on it was pretty much only in the western hemisphere and parts of asia/ australia for up till about 500 years ago. It jumps around a lot after that point and then around 150 years ago onward till now is the point where it shifted to harmony being in the ever decreasing minority.

basically it follows the history of the west's so called progress, which really just means a group of people doing things that are not in harmony with the world. everything else is in harmony, it's only people that aren't, and the span between the times is when larger and larher groups of people have been disrupting nature.

okay!? cause you can prove and disprove so much of that era,.. O.o

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i use this natural dishsoap, it smells really good and if everyone bought 1 bottle of it it would save enough petroleum to heat 40,000 houses for a year

thats as far as I go with the hippie shit...and I only bought it because it smelled good..
    death to trees!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread