+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Call to Arms

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Default A Call to Arms

The disney company are money-grubbing whores... There I said it...

They won't re-rlease "Song of the South" (Because it is too racist.. Whatever.. have you watched UPN or BET..come on)

And they are playing possum with the re-release date of "Condorman"...

I wonder what would happen if they got complaints.. would they listen, or would they be the money grubbin-whores that they are?

Any thoughts?

Default Re: A Call to Arms

probably the same reasons disney removed ICP from their label as well

It depends on who does the complaining. If you or I complained they wouldn't give a shit. If were rich, yeah they would listen.

Just like the old saying goes 'It's not what you know, it's who you blow'

That sucks..

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Nope, they wouldn't listen, as every day there are hundreds of requests for projects to be re-released or for shelved projects to be activated, and they all receive the same single-button automated response.

Decisions are intensely political, and ultimately are about what may happen to the stock price in two years time based on what someone does (or decides not to do) today. Once the guys on the top floors start hinting at the way to go, it's carved in stone before anyone has the chance to think about it. If you're not on the board, you check your chisels at the door.

I'm not bashing Disney though (too easy, it's a Mickey Mouse outfit...) - the same applies to every studio and label in this God-lovin little world.

mG

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

for any white person to have the balls to say that they are a victim of racism pretty much is going to have to require millions of white people to be kidnapped from america and forced into slavery in africa for 200 years and then try and see how well they get by afterwards. then they might begin to have a grounds for equal discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    for any white person to have the balls to say that they are a victim of racism pretty much is going to have to require millions of white people to be kidnapped from america and forced into slavery in africa for 200 years and then try and see how well they get by afterwards. then they might begin to have a grounds for equal discrimination.
    Let me get this straight, you don't think it's possible for blacks to be racist against whites? That's crazy! I don't get that at all. So if some brother goes "Hey, you whitetrash motherfucker" that's not racist?

Hey man, I don't know what your family history is, but I'm from the north. None of my ancestors were slave owners. Why should I carry around some kind of bullshit guilt about that shit? What about any other ethnicities? Can blacks be racist against american indians or asians then?

Every race is equally evil and ALL have done some really bad shit. More Irish people were brought to this country as slaves than africans were. By white people! Big deal!
    (Although, I do wish I could play victim whenever things didn't go my way.)

I am going to bite my tongue...

you know I really don't even have to reply to your remarks, the same people that are defending the system of institutionalized racism against those that are victimised by it, are the same people saying such remarks as "fuck all of them" in regards to arabs and muslims. that was the whole reason why I brought it up, because I knew that was the underlying message in this thread.

but fuck it, I'll say it anyway. yes, any person can be racist or otherwise hurtful or discriminitory against any other person, and it may or may not be true. If someone makes a statement about the conditions regarding black people versus those of white people in general in this country as one that is not equal and about the nature of their status as a minority, then they are correct. If that argument is turned around the other way, then its just bullshit, because it's factually incorrect.

here's an example that I've said before: a company that previously hired no minorities who then had to hire a couple by law, claiming that law was discrimintory agaisnt white people, is full of shit. that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. But I'm done talking about it. I wasn't the one that brought up the subject of race.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    The disney company are money-grubbing whores... There I said it...

They won't re-rlease "Song of the South" (Because it is too racist.. Whatever.. have you watched UPN or BET..come on)

And they are playing possum with the re-release date of "Condorman"...

I wonder what would happen if they got complaints.. would they listen, or would they be the money grubbin-whores that they are?

Any thoughts?
    Does Disney own exclusive rights to "Song of the South"? Ultimately, they have the right to choose what films they release. Do I find it silly? Yes. I do not believe it would promote racism. Instead, people could then debate the actual content of the film.

OEC

you know I really don't even have to reply to your remarks, the same people that are defending the system of institutionalized racism against those that are victimised by it, are the same people saying such remarks as "fuck all of them" in regards to arabs and muslims. that was the whole reason why I brought it up, because I knew that was the underlying message in this thread.
    Dude, I totally respect your opinion. Although, if your insinuating that I defend instutionalized racism your WAY off-base.

I don't care much for fanatical religions. Fuck the mormons! Does that balance it out for you since they are mostly white?

But I'm done talking about it. I wasn't the one that brought up the subject of race.
    I thought this thread was about Disney? Perhaps it's my mistake I don't know what those films are about.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/rnr/

our local craigslist community in the good ol south has both whites vs black and blacks vs whites and everybody vs mexicans. so everybody is racist here. its crazy

yeah, allright man, let's just call it a truce, K? I really do see your point, I guess lately I'm just trying to get people to look at the bigger picture, but maybe I'm way off, oh well...

back to the point, Yes Disney are just money grubbing whores. they'd probably release the play that they were making in The Producers if they thought it would sell. So if they are withholding releases of a project, it's either because there isn't a high enough demand or because there analysist are out of touch with what people really want, and are saying that there isn't.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

I think you're confusing being a "victim of racism" with being a "victim of slavery." Lots of people in the US are the former, many not black. Few but blacks are the latter.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Answer: 400k

Question: What is the estimated # of Africans exported as slaves?

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

wtf is song of the south anyways??

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    wtf is song of the south anyways??
    A disney movie based on the fables from the book Uncle Remus, its also the origin of the song Zippidee doodaa (which i probably spelled wrong). Its also one of the greatest things ever. Brier Rabbit kicks ass and the Tarbaby Rocks.

I can see why this might offend some people, however Uncle Remus was a real African American who was famous for his storytelling. He was descended from former slaves. As many people who were enslaved throughout history storytelling was one of the few ways they had to pass on verbal history as well as made up fables. I find it sad that his stories are rejected due to it being politically incorrect in our day and age. It's a damn shame the evil disney empire ever got their hands on the stories in the first place. Open fire on me if you will. I say Uncle Remus is an historical figure who should be revered not swept under the rug.

yeah I can understand that. that's like people that wanted to censor "huckleberry finn" although the whole point of it was to expose the racism in society and show that it was unwarranted. I think we need to preserve those stories and not forgot how things were not so long ago, and still are in many places.

THANK YOU..and FUCK DISNEY

Brier Rabbit kicks ass and the Tarbaby Rocks.
    dude... awesome childhood memory flashbacks
    that sounds like it would actually be a good movie, like an old guy telling stories... cant they just kindof... make it... suitable to watch? haha i dunno...
    i like old guys that tell stories, no matter what :S

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I couldn't give a shit about races, but there are certain species I'm against, what would you call that?

I'm a human racist, and people fuckin suck

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I wouldn't say all people suck, only certain species of them, and thier particular race doesn't have that much to do with it

I'm a human racist, and people fuckin suck
    im not racist... i hate everybody equaly

+ Reply to Thread