Thread: I have finally gotten old.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: I have finally gotten old.

my slammer was made of titanium

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    my slammer was made of titanium
    I had a pewter one with bugs bunny on a brass one in the shape of a sawblade and another brass one with a purple unicorn on it. I had a plastic "Goosebumbps" slammer but it was mostly for tall stacks...
    I still have all that stuff, actually. Maybe we should get together and play pogs some time....
    K

my slammer owned because my dad made it were he works(he makes aircraft parts)it was slightly thicker than a regulation sized one but noone ever knew

We didnt have ADOBE PHOTOSHOP to make picutures on...We had LITE BRIGHT..
    We had to deal SOLITAIRE out by hand...
    If you wanted to look up information about something...We had to go to the Library...
    Anyone remember playin street hockey with sticks and crushed beer cans, and garbage cans for goals....But before you could play ya had to Pump your Reboks up first...

Kids who are growing up now do have a lot of luxuries we didnt have but they dont see them as luxuries..Its just everyday crap to them..
    I dont kare though I would still like to go back to when I was 5...Times were Easier then...Less crime..No locking your doors and windows cuz you left them standing wide open with a fan in them to keep the house cool...

Even with all the ammenities children have today I do feel they are growing up (in a sense) in a tougher world that those of us who are older.. More is expected of them..

Toys I miss...from my childhood..
    Lock-Blocks....Lincoln Logs (The Wooden Ones)....Tinker Toys....Erector Set....Marbles....The Atari (Even with all the 3D graphics we have now..Missle Control and Space Invaders was the Shit)....Hotwheel Cars (The ones that actually look like real cars not the fantasy cars they make now)....MY IMAGINATION (Still use this one a lot)....

"We were so poor when I was a kid........If I hadnt have been born a Boy...I wouldnt have had anything to play with"

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

it really makes me feel old that pogs were,nt around untill my last year of school. and those vh1 shows make me laugh. i still blow the dust off the cd games (out of habit) when they wont load.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I was actually old enough to miss pogs, but I remember selling them to kids. We'd have these huge bins and the kids would go crazy digging in there for the right ones. I don't understand what the big upset was with gambling. Kids will gamble on who can throw a penny, get it to bounce off a wall and be closest to the wall. Oh, Jerry Falwell, will you ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    I was actually old enough to miss pogs, but I remember selling them to kids. We'd have these huge bins and the kids would go crazy digging in there for the right ones. I don't understand what the big upset was with gambling. Kids will gamble on who can throw a penny, get it to bounce off a wall and be closest to the wall. Oh, Jerry Falwell, will you ever learn?
    I don't know what you're talking about, missing pogs. My grandfather played Milk Caps (same game), My mom has a side open 50 pog case in her left middle desk drawer. I think my dad hides his 30 case in his night stand.
    I still say we should get a group together...
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Pedar: Hehe, that's very good to know. I only feel 21, and act 16, so I am doing great!
    Given that around 100 years back the average life span was forty- we're all in good shape- look at John Edwards who looks thirty- Hugh Hefner who's around 80 and acts 21 and Mick Jagger..age is so relative ..
    P.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I don't know what you're talking about, missing pogs. My grandfather played Milk Caps (same game), My mom has a side open 50 pog case in her left middle desk drawer. I think my dad hides his 30 case in his night stand.
    I still say we should get a group together...
    K
    That would be fun. I agree they are the same game, but you know how kids are. When I worked in a comic book shop I was corrected on the pronunciation of Carnage (as car-nosche) constantly (thank you Disney's Tailspin!).

http://www.badfads.com/pages/collectibles/pogs.html

A link talking about POGs....And other old games and fads...Kinda kool

im so old i remember when they used to play music on mtv harrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    im so old i remember when they used to play music on mtv harrrrrr
    So do I, So do I.
    K