+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome, Sir Tom Jones!

Default Welcome, Sir Tom Jones!

About F-ing time!

Tom Jones knighted

London. It's not unusual for Tom Jones to meet Queen Elizabeth, but being knighted was something special.

The 65-year-old singer, a coal miner's son from the Welsh town of Pontypridd, received the honour Wednesday at Buckingham Palace.

Jones, known for hits including What's New Pussycat and It's Not Unusual, said he had met the Queen "six or seven times, maybe more," starting with a royal charity performance in 1966.

"I love seeing the Queen and I have always been a royalist," Jones said. "She is lovely and she still is lovely."

Jones, who was accompanied by his son, daughter and granddaughter, said receiving the knighthood was "just tremendous."

"When you first come into show business and you get a hit record, it is the start of something," he said. "As time goes on, it just gets better. This is the best thing that I have had. It is a wonderful feeling, a heady feeling.

"Sometimes you just can't believe it, you think you have been dreaming."

Last edited by Toe Cutter; 04-03-2006 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Add something

Mother Superior

Default Re: Welcome, Sir Tom Jones!

This is great. I love Tom Jones. Did you know Jimmy Page played guitar on It's Not Unusual?

Default Re: Welcome, Sir Tom Jones!

Wow, I didn't know that. Awesome!

I know what you mean. He was WAY over due. With all the joy he has given to the world, he should have been knighted 2 decades ago.

It makes me ill that Elton John was knighted before Tom Jones.

+ Reply to Thread