+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shows you miss?

Default Shows you miss?

I miss Mystery Science Theatre 3000, or whatever it was called.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Shows you miss?

i wish they made more family guy episodes because ive seen all the reruns like a bazillion times

the original (British) Whose Line Is It, Anyway.... the American version isn't funny.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Ren and Stimpy

the mother fucking A-team!

you aint getting me on no plane fool!

actually im a little bit glad they dont show the reruns, i have a sneaking suspician it might be a lot worse than my memory tells me it was.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i wish they made more family guy episodes because ive seen all the reruns like a bazillion times
    They are making new episodes as we speak and a movie that delves into Stewie's sexual orientation. (Who's betting he's queer as a three dollar bill?)

I miss The Wonder Years and Greg the Bunny and Mr. Sterling.
    Can't think of anyhting else...
    K

stewie is not gay hes just festive

Big Fat Flaming Party Animal Festive. We'll see him in a Hawaiian shirt at one of his "sexy parties" any day now.
    K

maybe hes bi but not full out flaming gay

Night Rider...The A Team
    Fraggle Rock...The Muppets

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Millenium, Farscape, 120 Minutes, Forever Knight, Highlander, Ren and Stimpy, Greg the Bunny, The Tick (live action and animated), and last but most certainly not least, I miss MTV X, only MTV ever worth watching

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Greg The Bunny

Alf...still funny even today.

Profit (hey so only 3 and a 1/2 episodes ever aired locally...it was still WAY ahead of it's time. For those unfamiliar...it was one of kind. The lead character (Jim Profit) was a cut throat machiavelli like businessman who would be very familiar to fans of American Psycho. The "plot" was dense to say the least and it'd take me PAGES to go into it...but part if it had to do with Jim being made to live in a box as a kid...and needless to say that warped him a bit as an adult he would still sleep nude in it...the name ON the box was also the name of the company he was trying to take over...this was the more normal part of the show. It gets stranger and far more twisted...even Lynch on his best day could not dream up a darker tale. Sadly the show was FAR too ahead of its time and was killed off quick with only 6 episodes ever fully airing in various markets. Still a "hero" of mine though.

Action...this show was simply perfect in every way. So of course FOX airs it agianst Friends. Bastards.

Lastly...

Kingpin...FINALLY a show with a cast full of spanish speaking characters. Though it of course made it about a Drug Cartel it did it with style and flaire normally left for more "marketable" shows. So of COURSE this show had to go to make way for another fucking Law & Order spin off! 3 weeks...2 episodes a week...then ditched to BRAVO never to be heard of again. Critial acclaim did not save it and the controversy as to why it was cancelled still rages...as much as playing the race card may be oh so pathetic...it sadly played it's part in this. A damn shame too since the promotion started BIG for this show...then fell away when more marketable shows popped up.

Now we have more Law & Order spin offs...1001 CSI spin offs...and an endless stream of god awful sitcoms. I tend to like a lot of TV so I'm easy to please but It PAINS me to see such great shows killed off before they can realy develop or worse replaced for shows advertisers want.

Kingpin was awesome but it was only suposed to be a miniseries

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I miss Mystery Science Theatre 3000, or whatever it was called.
    I do too. I miss Joel, Crow, Tom Servo, Gypsy, Dr. Clayton Forrester and T.V.'s Frank. That was the best show ever, in my mind. The intelligence of just one good episode of that program made all movies look like something to watch when it wasn't on. I watch less television and movies as a result of it just not being there.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Kingpin was awesome but it was only suposed to be a miniseries
    Ah see that's where it got sketchy. It was the be a mini-series that lead INTO a regular series. The idea was cut though in favor of more "sure things". The lead actor and producers were not happy to say the least...and many were dissapointed. Numerous story arcs were left in the air as a result.

In this case reality shows and spin offs.

If you dug Kingpin check out Crime Story...classic crime series that is now beautifully on DVD. Michael Mann's finest hour on TV (yes I think it's better than Miami Vice.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Ah see that's where it got sketchy. It was the be a mini-series that lead INTO a regular series. The idea was cut though in favor of more "sure things". The lead actor and producers were not happy to say the least...and many were dissapointed. Numerous story arcs were left in the air as a result.

In this case reality shows and spin offs.

If you dug Kingpin check out Crime Story...classic crime series that is now beautifully on DVD. Michael Mann's finest hour on TV (yes I think it's better than Miami Vice.)
    god damn it u serious i knew it was a miniseries and i always said it would make a kick ass regular prime time drama type series.I thought it was realy great how all the actors were hispanic except for the main guys wife.

Oh God, Miami Vice. Scruffy men in pastels and white dinner jackets. I never missed an episode. Does any body eemember Soul Man?
    K

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Oh God, Miami Vice. Scruffy men in pastels and white dinner jackets. I never missed an episode. Does any body eemember Soul Man?
    K
    The movie Soul Man? Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    The movie Soul Man? Hell yeah.
    I don't think I do...what happened in it?

Not the movie, the Tv show. Pastor at a church lived in the house right next door with his two kids as a single father. Good lord, I can't remember any of the actors or even character's names...
    K

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    I don't think I do...what happened in it?
    LOL. A white guy can't afford to pay for his education at Harvard Law School, so he takes tanning pills and pretends to be black so he can get a minority scholarship. It had some memorable moments.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    LOL. A white guy can't afford to pay for his education at Harvard Law School, so he takes tanning pills and pretends to be black so he can get a minority scholarship. It had some memorable moments.
    I remember that movie well...I was loosely based on the book Black Like Me. It was worth a few laughs and I remember loving it as a kid.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

god damn it u serious i knew it was a miniseries and i always said it would make a kick ass regular prime time drama type series.I thought it was realy great how all the actors were hispanic except for the main guys wife.
    Yeah the whole idea was use the build up of the miniseries to launch the regular series. Executives then did something insane by showing 2 episodes a week instead of one. This KILLED the show. It took all the hype and destroyed it in 3 weeks instead of letting it build over 6 weeks...getting people to watch it...and keeping ONE day for each new episode. With 2 new episodes a week and on 6 completed and filmed...their was little room to build momentum and it was gone before many even got to see it.

Luckily you can score it on DVD real cheap and it's a total gem.

the guy didint look black tho lol

Hula Hoop Supervisor

the guy didint look black tho lol
    Well that was the set up of the book really...

"In the Deep South of the 1950s, journalist John Howard Griffin decided to cross the color line. Using medication that darkened his skin to deep brown, he exchanged his privileged life as a Southern white man for the disenfranchised world of an unemployed black man. His audacious, still chillingly relevant eyewitness history is a work about race and humanity-that in this new millennium still has something important to say to every American."

They just took that...and made it into a college comedy. The genre was gold in the 80's.

I remember that movie well...I was loosely based on the book Black Like Me. It was worth a few laughs and I remember loving it as a kid.
    I used to have that book, but now I can't find it. I think I lended it to one of my friends and he didn't give it back.

i miss watching Pee-Wee Playhouse

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Millenium, Farscape, Greg the Bunny, Buffy, Angel, Angry Beavers.

~Histrionica~

Well that was the set up of the book really...

"In the Deep South of the 1950s, journalist John Howard Griffin decided to cross the color line. Using medication that darkened his skin to deep brown, he exchanged his privileged life as a Southern white man for the disenfranchised world of an unemployed black man. His audacious, still chillingly relevant eyewitness history is a work about race and humanity-that in this new millennium still has something important to say to every American."

They just took that...and made it into a college comedy. The genre was gold in the 80's.
    I remember now though.

+ Reply to Thread