+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default I

Got some new labrets today to replace my CBRs, and when I took the left one out to change it...I couldn't get the labret in. It feels like a hard lump where its pierced, and I was just wondering if thats some swelling or something else. It was also bleeding a small amount when I took it out.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: I

that sounds like swelling caused by a mild infection, its pretty easy to treat just talk to a peircer or a doctor and put the CBR back in to keep the hole from closing up.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

i doubt its anything to worry about, some piercing actually never heal. if you are really concerned you can see a doctor, or ask a piercist for advice. I dont have many piercings myself, but the knowlege i do have ive picked up from my friend who does piercing as well as tattoos.

i think the worst case here is that you will need it re-pierced.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Yeah. Its closed already. It closed the second I took the CBR out. So I took the labret out and replaced it with my Black Niobium CBR.

So it looks like I'll have to get that re-pierced.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

it's just a keloid scar. sometimes skin heals over clean, sometimes it forms a little hard spot (to protect against further injury) and sometimes it goes overboard and produces a lump the size of a golf-ball.

keep in mind, there isn't a lot regulating this system, so when it goes apeshit, it goes over the top.

+ Reply to Thread