+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why I love quantum metaphysics ;)

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Why I love quantum metaphysics ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodredProject2402
    haha, i was just skimming Breatherins doing some research and it sonds a little too close to brainwashing to me
    Actually, living from just breathing has been around for a while, a cool book to check out that sort of touches that subject is called Etidorhpa , another old book an adveture like story about a journey to the center of the earth, good reading a whole chapter on drugs too and antigravity and considering it was written a gundred years ago makes it really interesting

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

haha, i was just skimming Breatherins doing some research and it sonds a little too close to brainwashing to me
    at least the Breatharians don't come after you if you try to leave the cult, like the Scientologists.

i'm such an evil cynical bastard that i laughed when i read about Jasmuheen (wow, what a great fake name) being tested by Australian 60 Minutes... the first time she lasted 48 hours before quitting, saying they didn't give her enough access to fresh air. so they tried again at a nice mountain retreat.

"However, as the filming progressed her speech slowed, her pupils dilated and she lost over a stone (6 kg) in weight. After 4 days Ellen acknowledged that she had lost weight but stated that she felt fine, despite Dr Wink telling her, "You are now quite dehydrated, probably over 10%, getting up to 11%". The doctor also announced, "Her pulse is about double what it was when she started. The risks if she goes any further are kidney failure."

ha ha ha! they should have let the silly petaQ[1] die.

however. if any of this were at all true, do you think there would be people starving to death in Africa?

[1] Klingon; rough translation: "lacks the warrior spirit", or just "shit-head".

of course it is an interesting piloshophy, of course inpossible to achieve, and besides who would want too??

Unless you had to of course

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    Actually superna, I understand what your saying, well the way I understand it is the creation of synthetic spiritual energy.

"Consider the lilies of the field.. and while you're doing that, I'll be over here, going through your stuff." - Jack Handy

actually. let's take a closer look at that lilies of the field thingy.

Book of Matthew, chapter six:

028 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

029 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

030 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

this is just sheer ignorance of plant biology. the lilies of the field don't do so well when there's a drought - where's god's ineffable benevolence then? every plant exists at the expense of every other plant - they all compete for space, soil nutrients and sunlight. they wage a never-ending battle against the insects, animals and fungi that want their nutrients - why do you think some plants have chemicals like morphine, curare, digitalis, atropine and aconite? they're trying to convince the predators to stop chewing on the leaves, goddamit!

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

hell ya! nicely put, sheramil!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE.

that faint "pffft" sound you just heard was my head exploding. now i don't have anything to hang my sunglassess offen.

or, as Captain Goodvibes[1] once said when his head fell off, "hello, dropped me scoob[2] holder!"

[1] 70s Australian underground cartoon character. a dope-smoking surfer pig superhero.

[2] marijuana cigarette

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

as if your "normal" way of life isn't? all you have to do is walk outside and you'll see a million forms of propaganda speaking to you from every corner. we are all brainwashed every day. and you think that they'll let you walk away from it? far less than the scientologists do. they don't have thier own private army on every block to enforce thier rules. there's a place for people that say I don't believe in your values, I don't really see working for mcdonalds and buying gasoline and chinese sneakers as the path to spiritual enlightenment- that place is called jail.

Superna's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    RIDICULOUS

RIDICULOUS

not if you're in an Islamic or fundamentalist Xtian household. or scientologists. or anyone living in North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan and large portions of Africa.

actually, you have kind of a point, but it has nothing at all to do with quantum anything or anything metaphysics (and you lose a lot of points using that label).

if you're feeling more or less happy and you get robbed, you might think "oh well, they probably needed that DVD player more than I did".

if you're chronically depressed and some sweaty, trembling junkie fuck steals your acoustic guitar, it can send you into a spin for months.

years.

i appreciate that having a positive attitude can lead to a healthier quality of life;

but at what point do you stop trusting the world to behave, and start adding deadbolts to the doors? how many times does a person need to be fucked over before they stop bending over?

You are right. Thank you for making me realize my place. Your point is taken.

This has been very fun, but I don't think this is the right place for me. Take care
    superna

"Someone ought to stand with a hammer at the door of every happy contented man, continually banging on it to remind him that there are unhappy people around and that however happy he may be at the time, sooner or later life will show him its claws and disaster will overtake him in the form of illness, poverty, bereavement and there will be no one to see or hear him."
    - Anton Chekov

"Consider the lilies of the field.. and while you're doing that, I'll be over here, going through your stuff." - Jack Handy

actually. let's take a closer look at that lilies of the field thingy.

Book of Matthew, chapter six:

028 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

029 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

030 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

this is just sheer ignorance of plant biology. the lilies of the field don't do so well when there's a drought - where's god's ineffable benevolence then? every plant exists at the expense of every other plant - they all compete for space, soil nutrients and sunlight. they wage a never-ending battle against the insects, animals and fungi that want their nutrients - why do you think some plants have chemicals like morphine, curare, digitalis, atropine and aconite? they're trying to convince the predators to stop chewing on the leaves, goddamit!
    Thats a lot of words to use to explain what I said in three

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    Thats a lot of words to use to explain what I said in three

yeah, but my post had the word "atropine" in it. :>

yeah, but my post had the word "atropine" in it. :>
    Good point

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

haha, superna your pov changed just a little from the begining of this thread

humm was gonna tell Superna to try too find some very old books ,,called

the lfe and teachings of the masters of the far east ,,writ in humm 1930+ i belive ,,can remember the man who pend them,,its a series of books he wrote in Tibeit ,and Kasshmir in the 1920: and 30: ,when i find the name i;ll post ,,if ya ever look here again,but its other book he wrote after that in the 1940;s that has more of what ya what ,,damm cant remmber the name ,being so long since ive read them

ok i had my morn cup of cooffee ,,the man name is Sir ,,,>forgot first name <
    Spalding ,,wrote some very interresting books on the supject , hope you find them

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkey
    ok i had my morn cup of cooffee ,,the man name is Sir ,,,>forgot first name <
    Spalding ,,wrote some very interresting books on the supject , hope you find them
    the miracle of google.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...lance&n=283155

sweet thanks < the orriginal was a sieries of books ,bout 12 i belive ,,just keep a open mind when readin it is all i can ask , again thanks ,,i lost my reprint ,yrs ago

sounds like lobsang rampa, he went to tibet and wrote lots of books , good stuff, and then went nuts and started writeing about his trip to venus and , well, there it is.

wow same thing happen to me in 1978 ,,,,er was it 79?? humm all that acid make it all blur together ,,then again ,,seen some Ramtha books at the site above,,2 are famillar ,and a few i havent read yet ,,

+ Reply to Thread