+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Band Promotion

Default Band Promotion

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I was interested in promoting my music in these forums, but apparently there is no way for me to do it effectively seeing that i'm unable to post links or even plain text URLs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can spread the word about my band on here?

Default Re: Band Promotion

hi there
    first start by introducing yourself on the main forum. stay a bit and get to know people

then after about 25 posts you are able to post links and images. but just a warning..if your just going to use these boards as *just* promo material a lot of people might not want to see it because it'll just look like spam...my opinion..get to know the community..were fun people.

Thanks for the response. I've known about this site for a long time through photos by Amelia and Forrest of friends of mine. I have every intention of posting whenever I see something that begs my response. However, there are a lot of good convos going on here to join that i've noticed so far. I'm having a hard time trying to figure what to jump into first.
    Personally, i'm sure even if I become a regular member of these boards that my promotion will be seen as spam regardless to those who aren't interested in it. But that goes with the territory. I figure, that's why people put up sections like the one we're posting on right now. So people won't be tempted to clog other sections of the community and so you can be perfectly clear about the intentions of your post.

i wouldnt stress it too much
    i always use the promo boards for new songs & albums i put out as well as contests.

btw. diggin the tracks.

+ Reply to Thread