+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you procrastinate or..

Mother Superior

Default Do you procrastinate or..

just jump into things with two feet never testing the water? I rarely put anything off, I do things spontaneously. Not always a good thing. For the procrastinators out there, when you get to it... respond.

Procrastinator's Creed

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
    2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
    3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
    4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
    5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
    6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
    7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
    8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
    9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
    10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
    11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
    12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
    13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
    14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

Mistress Abigail De'Ath's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Do you procrastinate or..

Do I procrastinate? Yes, no, oh I don't know, decisions, decisions. I'm a Libra, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...maybe.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I used to, and probably still should on some things (you know.. the law.. saying "I do".. using the restroom on a plane...). Now, maybe due to advancing age or maybe just 'cos my to-do list is longer by the hour, I just go for it and hope my lawyer has his cell charged.

mG

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hmm i moved in here about 2 weeks ago... i wonder how long itll take me to get all my shit un packed.
    when we get a couch??

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Im a huge procrastinator
    Every single one of those statements seems to be exactly about me.
    Ive had all the time in the world these past months and yet ive failed to
    Clean my room
    Register for college
    get a haircut
    return these games that were due last saturday
    Its even worse when i WAS at school. I had about a month to write some 5 page essay, i waited till the night before to even write it. Its a pretty serious problem.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

it's an inherited disease. my mom was forced to clean out the attic so the roofers could put the roof back up over the garage and found a boxes that were packed up when we left colorado 17 years ago and the tape was still intact.

i myself am kind of a spontanerous procrastinator. i'll put off everything for a week or two and then i'll go on a three day "doing stuff" spree. though none of the thngs that need to be done ever get that way...
    k

well i try not to ,but when things pop up and im doing 1 thing ,and another needs to be done i'll try too do both ,r just say fyck it ,it can wait a day r 2 ,,then 3 days later i go back to what i didnt really want to finish any ways ..
    but try as i mite ,yes i do some time promasterbate,err cropasterbate..

you know that word for im lazy and dont wanna do it now ..
    ok back to work !

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh promasterbate??? awesome.

MuHahahahaha

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I don't procrastinate....I dawdle

+ Reply to Thread