+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So the Mayan calender is coming close to an end

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default So the Mayan calender is coming close to an end

Anyone have anything thoughts on what will happen?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: So the Mayan calender is coming close to an end

I'd like to be there when they drop that ball in Times Square.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I'd like to be there when they drop that ball in Times Square.
    no you wouldn't... not if the 'They' you're refering to is the Department of Homeland Security, and the 'Ball' you're refering to is a canister of eyeball liquifeying virus spores under high pressure smuggled into the celebration by an irate Dick Clark who's sleepr al queda cell has finally been activated by Osama bin Casem. No mister that's a shinndig you might want to skip.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm not really sure... It runs out in 2012, If I remember correctly....

or 2009, or 2011, or something like that...

at anyrate there's a huge galactic alignment going on during this period, it's prett interesting actually. the Earth is going to be in direct alignment with the center of the milkyway galaxy.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

well, out of all the predicitons given throughout history, the ones realted to the mayan calender have ben pretty damned accurate and according to their beliefs, I woudlnt wanna be around when everything starts going to shit but if its the end of the world as we know it then so be it.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    no you wouldn't... not if the 'They' you're refering to is the Department of Homeland Security, and the 'Ball' you're refering to is a canister of eyeball liquifeying virus spores under high pressure smuggled into the celebration by an irate Dick Clark who's sleepr al queda cell has finally been activated by Osama bin Casem. No mister that's a shinndig you might want to skip.

uhhh... no, that wasn't really what I had in mind. However, I'm not certain what all that has to do with the end of the Mayan time cycle.

I would imagine make a new one. Probably with puppies, sports cars or bikini models.

Seriously, like the milenium in our calender I suspect a lot of people will get riled up and do some silly things, then make excuses for why nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    uhhh... no, that wasn't really what I had in mind. However, I'm not certain what all that has to do with the end of the Mayan time cycle.
    aaah, i was just joshin' ya there...

...in the last 5 years i've live in NYC i've never made it down to times square for new year's... i'm there all the time, but on that night, they cordon everything off, and the drunken UBER masses pack in so tight it's frightening to behold.. i can only deal with crowds on a limited basis, and once you're in that one, you're in till the NYPD let's ya out.

you'd be pretty hard pressed to see the ball, there's that many people there.

as for the Mayan calendar, it's Astronomical predictions are uncanny, all other 'prophecies' are subject to interpertation.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Well I suppose I'll be able to say another 'galactic alignment' came and went

yep, only 26,000 years till the next one.

Dec.13 2012 is the specific date.

I don't know what will happen but last night I was thinking to myself about how cool it would be to watch the world burn. (as I burn with it of course) I'm ready for the end and while I'm still trying to figure out my own beliefs I do believe that "the end" is really only the beggening. How could there not be something beyond this?

Heres my opinion, wich is based on asbolutely nothing. One of two things will happen. Either something huge will happen and destroy all calculations of time as we know it and render all future calculations impossible. Or perhaps this planet will destroy itself, we will all be reverted to soul form and a new world will be born.

xOutxOfxStepx's Avatar Junior Member

Well, if copious amounts of Shadowrun have taught me anything, that's about when I'll undergo Goblinization, and get me some magic powers. Fireballs for the fucking win.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

as long as hell isnt a dentist office waiting room where they pump the beegees through the radio non stop.......im good.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    at anyrate there's a huge galactic alignment going on during this period, it's prett interesting actually. the Earth is going to be in direct alignment with the center of the milkyway galaxy.

i want you to submit a diagram showing the earth NOT in alignment with the centre of the galaxy. i don't think it's possible.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Some numerologists are predicting 8/22/2006 as a day of devastation. I have a good conception of what will happen globally in the next few years, but I doubt it will follow an aeonic timeline.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    i want you to submit a diagram showing the earth NOT in alignment with the centre of the galaxy. i don't think it's possible.
    no.

it's your camel corpse, you fuck it.

i don't have prove or disprove anything to the likes of you, because i don't really give a rats ass about all of this, i was just passing on why the mayans were in such a tizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Some numerologists are predicting 8/22/2006 as a day of devastation. I have a good conception of what will happen globally in the next few years, but I doubt it will follow an aeonic timeline.

OEC
    I also heard something aout this. But when I heard it it was said that the western calendar was about six years behind the mayan calendar. who knows?
    I deffinetly believe in a day of devestation/change/whatever, but I don't think anyone knows what the date is. shit, If we keep going the way we are with the environment, we will destroy the planet all by ourselves.

didn't the mayans get wiped out ?

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

yea i think the calender really ended like 600 years ago

the mayans disappeared without known reason. I have my own theories on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I also heard something aout this. But when I heard it it was said that the western calendar was about six years behind the mayan calendar. who knows?
    I deffinetly believe in a day of devestation/change/whatever, but I don't think anyone knows what the date is. shit, If we keep going the way we are with the environment, we will destroy the planet all by ourselves.
    I'm not sure if it was based on the Mayan Calendar. They were saying the 8th month of 2006 - 2+6 = 8. (8 has some destructive connotation) 22 is supposed to be a day of reckoning. It will come soon, but I don't see it happening in 2 days. We'll see.

If folks are interested in prophecy/conspiracy read Ezekiel 37-39. King of the North = Russia. Kush - Arabian peninsula. The 2 other countries named are modern day Turkey and Germany. Persia is Iran, obviously.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I'm not sure if it was based on the Mayan Calendar. They were saying the 8th month of 2006 - 2+6 = 8. (8 has some destructive connotation) 22 is supposed to be a day of reckoning. It will come soon, but I don't see it happening in 2 days. We'll see.

If folks are interested in prophecy/conspiracy read Ezekiel 37-39. King of the North = Russia. Kush - Arabian peninsula. The 2 other countries named are modern day Turkey and Germany. Persia is Iran, obviously.

OEC
    I like you alot. I hope that dose'nt sound creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I like you alot. I hope that dose'nt sound creepy.
    No, it made me smile You and yours are always welcome to stop by if you're in Western PA (if there are actually reasons to come here beyond school ). You're from Berkeley originally? I'm actually from that area also.

OEC

PS I just applied for OEC 3. The hard part is always transport though.

yeah right, the mayans were long gone and the incas got wiped out.... how do these (whoever comes up with this stuff) people even know that they're reading this so called calender correctly anyway? Maybe the mayans useed slightly different units of measurement than we do?

Muslim Scholar Bernard Lewis is now saying a "move" will be made tomorrow (8/22).

OEC

haha Gen X is on the cafe loop here.

+ Reply to Thread