+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If....

Mother Superior

Default If....

you could have been anyone in history for one day, who would it have been? What would you have done differently, if anything? Jean Harlow has always fascinated me. Sharon Tate as well, her life ended tragically. If I were Sharon I would have left Roman for one, and If I was Jean... Paul Bern would have had to go. These women needed men in their lives, it was their downfall. Men that controlled them.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: If....

truely..i think id be Bush for a day, and resign

Leisel's Avatar Junior Member

So many choices options but I'll just pick three:

#1 would be DeSade. What I'd do differently: decide not to waste time trying to recapture in Juliette what I thought I'd lost (that'd be 120 Days of Sodom) in the burning of the Bastille and maybe I'd just use a wee bit less of the Spanish Fly on the hookers that one time...

#2 Jean Louis Fabre. What I'd do differently. Nothing.

#3 Vivaldi. What I'd do differently: Write a sonata specifically for bass and harpsichord. *growr*

Leisel's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    !! Good choice! When I perfect the time machine, you've got first dibs.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i would be percy bysshe shelley. the one thing i would do differently is learn how to swim! this renowned poet had a lifelong fascination with water and boats but never bothered to learn how to swim. he was even offered lessons by a few friends. in the end, he drowned in a boating accident.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    not sure i could handle being that stupid for a day.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

id be a neaderthal
    then id teach them to fight off the new species that keep on taking over our hunting grounds and also try to get them to breed more.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Some one close to A. Hitler or another major figure in history and I'd keep a diary with al lt secrets in it for posterity.

K

i'd be myself, and write down everything i know now (like invest in mircosoft you grade school twit!) so that when i went back to being 'me' it'd all be there, and i could save alot of time, and pain... ("Ok when that girl Molly asks you to dance, DANCE MOTHERFUCKER! When that girl Kelly asks you to dance, RUN MOTHERFUCKER!"---gratuitous swearing is how my 8 year old self will know it's really future me writing this shit.) (Other pointers teenage self- your dad's old army buddy owns that aikido dojo downtown, GO THERE. Eat right shithead.--followed by alot of hard won nutrition info. Quit smokin' dope after highschool, avoid the alley behind the bowl-a-rama on the 16th etc.)

yep. i'm still the most interesting person i know. concited but true.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I have quite a list.

Caligula- Insane, check. Screwing sister, check. Generally fucking up Rome check!

Josephine Baker- Prior to her return to the US. Big cats, banana skirt HELLS YEAH!

Hammurabi- See the hanging gardens, gouge out an eye or two get me some sacred whores.

Cleopatra- Just to get Octavian snake bit prior to offing myself.

Alexander the Great- Specifically to have a little group lovin with Roxana, Hephaestion three way.

There's more but I'm tired now.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Rob says he'd be Julius Cesar, at the top of the Empire or Constantine on the day of the descion and make it differently.

K

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

also Judy Galand, and i'd make her stand up for herself...she had such a sad life

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Rob says he'd be Julius Cesar, at the top of the Empire or Constantine on the day of the descion and make it differently.

K

That's a good one. I was also thinking about something along the same lines, I thought it would be cool to be Caligula for a day. Just to see what it would be like to be a hedonistic tyrant.

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    That's a good one. I was also thinking about something along the same lines, I thought it would be cool to be Caligula for a day. Just to see what it would be like to be a hedonistic tyrant.
    Nice choice
    and I'd be Percy Bysshe Shelley or Baudelaire.. Or be anyone close to them..
    like some hedonistic decadent artist

Ghenghis Khan, or Attila... and i'd wipe rome off the face of the earth. (it'd peaked by then anyway.)

for sheer debauchery...hmmm, a chinese emperor, or high nobleman during the Tang dynasty would probably be excellent... also any high muckity muck in the Ottoman empire, would probably be good. they had a sultan right? it was the arabs who had the caliph? i dunno, my understanding of history is weak.

ooooh i know!!!

i wanna be a blueblood hottie's bicycle seat!!!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I'd be jesus on the day of the last supper and instead of going to dinner I'd go and get laid... a lot

Alexsander the great ,

I think Jack the Ripper. Not for the killing, not really my thing. I would spend the whole day writing letters and manufacturing clues for some of the modern writers of our time to sort through. Mail a bit of piano wire. Send a letter saying it was god's will. Imply that I was a bhuddist. Send the police 11 dead flies. Just stupid shit to keep them guessing for another few hundred years. Then, just for the final laugh I would write a confession with no clever poetry, no metaphor, no madness, just a matter of fact confession so no one would ever believe it.

Then when I got back here I would buy every book on the subject I could, just so I could go, "yeah, those eleven dead flies, that was my idea."

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Marilyn Monroe.
    I've been crazy about her for the longest time. So yeah . . . .

or
    Sylvia Plath. Just to see what went through her mind. She fascinates me. Her poetry and everything.
    Her death makes my face go : (

+ Reply to Thread