+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kids Watch As Clown Is Crushed to Death

Default Kids Watch As Clown Is Crushed to Death

article

DUBLIN, Ireland (AP) -- A hot-air balloon caught fire during a circus stunt, killing a clown acrobat as dozens of children watched, police said Tuesday.

The accident happened Monday night as the Royal Russian Circus was performing in Scariff, County Clare, a village in western Ireland. About 100 people were in the audience, most of them children. Police said the clown was a 26-year-old man from Belarus but didn't release his name.

Witnesses said the man, dressed in a clown outfit, was hanging from a cage suspended by ropes and a hot-air balloon inside the canvas tent. When the balloon exploded in flames, the cage fell on top of the man.

The man's wife, who was also part of the act, suffered a broken arm, police said.

"We were all sitting down and they were doing their act. They were up fairly high, but they were doing fine. Next thing, he was down on the ground," said audience member Hazel Harrington. She said many people in the audience initially thought the falling cage was part of the act.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Kids Watch As Clown Is Crushed to Death

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    article

DUBLIN, Ireland (AP) -- A hot-air balloon caught fire during a circus stunt, killing a clown acrobat as dozens of children watched, police said Tuesday.

The accident happened Monday night as the Royal Russian Circus was performing in Scariff, County Clare, a village in western Ireland. About 100 people were in the audience, most of them children. Police said the clown was a 26-year-old man from Belarus but didn't release his name.

Witnesses said the man, dressed in a clown outfit, was hanging from a cage suspended by ropes and a hot-air balloon inside the canvas tent. When the balloon exploded in flames, the cage fell on top of the man.

The man's wife, who was also part of the act, suffered a broken arm, police said.

"We were all sitting down and they were doing their act. They were up fairly high, but they were doing fine. Next thing, he was down on the ground," said audience member Hazel Harrington. She said many people in the audience initially thought the falling cage was part of the act.

Except for you Toe Cutter, I've always loathed circus clowns. I believe the psychology behind the fake smiles to be skewed. I feel bad for the family though.

OEC

That's okay, I appreciate your honesty. I know there are bunch of people who are bigoted against clown out there. I know in Europe and other parts of the world clowns are still revered.

Sad story though...

Leisel's Avatar Junior Member

That really sucks! (but I feel compelled to say that the mental image has me giggling. I'm sure I'd have been upset to've witnessed it in person though)

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I wish it had been the clown who runs Belarus

or Russia

OEC

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Wow. Ick.

Universal did a study a few years back to see waht scared people the most and Jack, the clown, was introduced to people and an overwhelming number ran screaming for the door. my mom is prejudiced against clowns too. I had a large plush clown when I was little and I used to sleep using his hand as a pillow. My mom came in one night saw her baby girl's head in the hands of the clown, the rest of my body hidden under thick blankets, she screamed, grabbed the clown and he went out with the trash the next morning. *sigh* I loved that clown.

K

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

well growing up and Killer Klowns from outer space being my favorite movie, i never had a problem with clowns, in fact i find that news kinda funny, those clowns crack me up.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by GnArKiLL
    well growing up and Killer Klowns from outer space being my favorite movie, i never had a problem with clowns, in fact i find that news kinda funny, those clowns crack me up.
    I love Killer Klowns. They've never bothered me either.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that's horrible. I don't think that kids should be exposed to things like this, not that it will warp them or anything, just that ya know when I was a kid I never thougth that I could die hideously and that life could be such a sick joke.

it's not like it was on purpose. it's terrible. horrid really that children should watch a man die. but also i belive it might drive home how nasty and final death can be and keep these kids from turning into gansta wanna bes playing at"cappin" people.

K

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    it's not like it was on purpose. it's terrible. horrid really that children should watch a man die. but also i belive it might drive home how nasty and final death can be and keep these kids from turning into gansta wanna bes playing at"cappin" people.

K
    most gangsta wannabies dont watch clowns

i be they did when they were 9.
    K

+ Reply to Thread