+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vegetarian/Vegan love

Scott's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Vegetarian/Vegan love

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Im sorry, but that always pisses me off. when people who eat meat or pollute the environment in wasteful excess or buy slave labor goods, yadda yadda say to me, "well, I respect your choice and you should respect mine". when your viewpoint involves forcing it upon others, then how is it a choice?. it's your choice, not the one's who you exploit. I don't care if you disrespect me, I'm not the one that's going to be tortured and mutilated for you.
    if you eat their child or one of their family members.. it really makes a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    I only eat vegetarians.
    They're pretty high in sodium (a little gamey if you ask me).

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    if you eat their child or one of their family members.. it really makes a point.
    didn't you see the fat baby post? those things are terrible for you.

Well...I was completely vegetarian for a year...but then relapsed into eating meat again I've come to a temporary solution. I'm Fruitarian five days a week, fast for one day, and then eat whatever I want for one day. Eventually...or soon, I hope, I'll stop this meat - eating madness! I'm just not ready to give it up quite yet...although, by not eating any animal products six days a week, I'm still contributing a little dent

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

You what the worst part about eating Vegetables is?

Getting the hospital release forms filled out correctly.

Seriously, though... I couldn't be a VEg if i wanted to, I have tried to be one in the past, and got sent to the hospital with health problems. apparently my body needed a particular protien only found in meat, and without it, I got REALLY sick.

I'm a moderationist. I eat vegetables and fruits all the time because they're tasty and cheap. Once in a big while I even eat some meat. Usually when someone makes it for me.

It's completely absurd that we live in a society that has polluted every river with carcinogens, pours billions of tons of chloraflorocarbons into the air, feels the necessity to use radioactive materials that have a deadly shelf life for the entire span of human existence ... and their biggest argument against veggies' is that it's unhealthy.

Knowing that because I live under powerlines that I'm going to die from cancer is pretty fucking unhealthy-so since I don't have a choice of the really unhealthy shit that gets put into my body, for the one's that I do I think I'll take the ethical choice.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Vegitarian 12 years and going strong.

I make food for myself almost every night. I am lucky to have a super nice kitchen at the place i am living, so that makes it easier. I cook vegitsrian food for me and my room mate every night except the weekends and I try ad stalk up on leftovers to carry us through.

I am super health concious, not on the chip and pizza diet at all. Fresh veggies, no packaged foods, no white flour these days either.

Granted, I travel a lot, and if it comes to the choice of eating nothing or a veggie burger at Johnny Rocket's, I am gonna go for the veggie burger. But I am healthy as much as humanly possible.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

MAN ive been really craving veggie burgers lately... theyre expensive as freaking hell though at the supermarkets
    anyone know any really good brands to get that are worth the price??
    mmmmmm veggie burger...
    hahaa cant have carrots in the veggie burger either... i dunno how many might have carrots in it but carrots make me throw up

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    MAN ive been really craving veggie burgers lately... theyre expensive as freaking hell though at the supermarkets
    anyone know any really good brands to get that are worth the price??
    mmmmmm veggie burger...
    hahaa cant have carrots in the veggie burger either... i dunno how many might have carrots in it but carrots make me throw up
    Boca Burgers, Morningstar.

Dunno if Canada has both of them..but they're great. You can live on frickin Boca Burgers and Morningstar veggie food.

mmm.

morningstar is not bad and you can find there stuff at most super markets. I'm not sure about the burgers, but a lot of there stuff isn't vegan, if that's a concern. boca is pretty decent as well and you can usually find it pretty easily, although I think it runs a little pricier than Mstar. gardernburger is probably the tastiest and has the most varieties, but they are the most expensive.

my personal favorite is the Smart brand of products, I think they are better than mstar and boca and they are cheap too, like around a buck for a burger, but can be hard to find.

also Scar that's really cool that you do that. that's the problem a lot of people have when they first go veggie, they just get overwhelmed by the general lack of vegetarian food that is premade in the stores and almost non-existant in the chain restaraunts and fast food (which, let's be honest, we all know makes up the staple of the american diet.) and all they eat is french fries and pizza. once you start making your own food then you have a lot of options and it's easy to make vegetarian meals.

unfortunetly, for some having the free time and kitchen access isn't readily available and even though it's better in the long run, buying everything seperate by ingrediants can be expensive. I think that me and my freinds get by on occasional bursts of balanced nutrition (yes! we have fruit this week) , and I do the best that I can, but I don't get as well-rounded of a diet as I should be.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Boca Burgers, Morningstar.

Dunno if Canada has both of them..but they're great. You can live on frickin Boca Burgers and Morningstar veggie food.

mmm.
    yumm... ill look for those
    yeah they dont have to be vegan... im not really even 100% vegetarian... but i just think veggie burgers are tasty as hell
    omg i dunno if theres milestones resteraunts near anyone else, but they have this wicked veggie burger... *drool*

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm very cranky if I don't eat meat. very rare red meat in particular. I've tried and tried to not eat meat because I really really believe in animal rights, But It's really not pretty if i don't eat it. I'm extremely carnivorous. I eat meat at least twice a day. I just need it. I balance it with alot of veggies, and stay away from most carbs except pasta. a vegetarian diet could not match the protien intake that I need to survive. Believe me, I've tried....... and gotten very ill after about two months.

+ Reply to Thread