+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does your state..

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Does your state..

Have any good, or bad, or strange measures being passed this voting season?

They are trying to pass a parental notice measure, making it so if an underage girl wants to get an abortion they have to notify her parents first...they says "theres a simple judicial bypass in cases of **** and incest" but it takes two months and by then they wouldnt be able to get the abortion most likely anyway.. It seems like its gonna lead to bathroom abortions and some pretty scary stuff...

so yeah, what about you guys?

Default Re: Does your state..

Nothing here interesting. That's happening in Oregon? That's crazy. I thought Oregon was full of hippies and fruitloops? I also thought Oregon was pretty left leaning?

The two laws to be voted on here is whether to "Protect the Sancity of Marrige" [to ban gay marriage here] and one about taxes on the elderly.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ugh... anything that is gonna promote self inflicted abortions is screwd up. im not exactly 100% pro choice, but i am 100% in favor of at least doing it in a clean, safe hospital environment :S

I'm beyond 100% pro-choice. I think abortion should be mandatory in some cases (maybe not literally, but I feel that way a lot).

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

like that guy that found the needles and randomly poked people with them?
    i do tend to agree with you there TC...

Do any of you know a webpage I could look this up on?

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

umm, I don't do well with politics.. Give me heart-burn.. I tried to eat some lawyers once though... Tasted like crap.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

there are a lot of hippies, but the thing is :hippies dont vote...so we end up with some shitty laws

Poppy's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    ugh... anything that is gonna promote self inflicted abortions is screwd up. im not exactly 100% pro choice, but i am 100% in favor of at least doing it in a clean, safe hospital environment :S

My greatgrand mother died in a hotel abortion. It pisses me off to see things like this. What an easy way to mess up so many in so many different ways.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

abortions are legal in that place in Kansas

I'm all for abortion, at any age

I just hate the violation of human freedom. I've had my moments etc but I can see now how truelly fucked that whole situation is. You don't go and ban abortion because its a "feel good" thing or "jesus said so" You just don't impose that shit on the rest of the world. Sometimes people need to have abortions. That is on THEIR conciouseness. They don't need you police forcing them.

Same thing with gay marriage. Even though its a much less serious case (since you won't die if you don't get married) its still an invasion of human freedom. If people want to get married then let them. I had my delusions when I was a Muslim but I realize how flawed and downright racist those delusions were.

Stop the bullshitttt awughhhh -rubs emples-

Aye, aye, Toe Cutter. I'm actually just Pro-Abortion.

Annabel Elaine's Avatar Mistress of disaster!

I must admit i am pro choice, i feel that if you want an abortion you should be able to access one of your own free will- however i also beleve that counsiling should be offered, particualy for teens as it is a fairly shocking thing, i had a girlfriend who chose to have an abortion- her mom was so angry that she refused to drive her to the clinic, she eventualy asked one of the Deans of school to drive her, she was realy messed up for a long time and some kind of help would have realy changed things.

Annabel Elaine's Avatar Mistress of disaster!

Also, last big legislation passed in my homeland was the "same sex civil union bill" and the time before that was prostitution legalisation, oh! and a bill that prevented people from smoking in pubs and clubs. yeah nothing too crazy.

+ Reply to Thread