+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pumpkin-Throwing Vandals Plague Long Island

and your little dog too

Default Pumpkin-Throwing Vandals Plague Long Island

from cbs

(CBS) MERRICK, Long Island Police on Long Island are searching for vandals who have thrown pumpkins at several cars, shattering windows and leaving many frustrated and without drivable vehicles.

Nassau County residents Robert and Ellen Meade are two of the victims who woke up to find their car sustaining serious damage from one of the gourds. A ten-pound pumpkin was hurled their the rear window of their new Chevrolet pickup truck, and thrown with such force that it crashed through the front windshield, completely shattering it.

"Last night was my birthday. And I woke up this morning -- this was happy birthday? And happy Thanksgiving?" Robert Meade says.

Nassau police arrived within minutes and they say the pumpkin appeared to have been thrown with great velocity from a speeding car.

"You feel unsafe when you see something like that happen. It's so bizarre," Ellen Meade says. "It almost seems physically impossible to hurl a pumpkin through two windows"

Investigators had their hands full on Thanksgiving as other neighbor victims in North Merrick awoke to discover similar crimes.

Police say so far at least three in the North Merrick community, two in Baldwin, and three in Freeport have reported similar pumpkin-tossing crimes.

Peter Villella's blue Buick was caved in from the impact of another thrown pumpkin.

"When I went out, I saw the damage on the trunk of the car and the pumpkin all over the lawn -- into the street and all the way over there," Villella says. "Thank goodness no one was inside, they could have got really hurt like that poor woman last year with the turkey."

Villella is talking about Victoria Ruvolo, who was nearly killed last year when teenage vandals tossed a turkey through her windshield.

"We have complainants who want these people arrested. We have detectives in our First Squad investigating. And when we arrest them they are going to be charged with felonies," said Nassau County Police Det. Lt. Kevin Smith.

Until the suspects are caught, police are asking homeowners in the area to get rid of their halloween pumpkins to be safe. Damages right now totaling more than $10,000.

Nassau police are urging anyone with information on these Thanksgiving vandals to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.

Default Re: Pumpkin-Throwing Vandals Plague Long Island

I like the part about the vandals throwing a turkey.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i would be pissed if it happened to me, but its still funny. esp the bit about the turkey...

K

That's an asshole thing to do, but it could be a lot worse.

Fucking retards

+ Reply to Thread