+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Member Introduction: Gabriel

Default New Member Introduction: Gabriel

Good morning everyone. I'm never the smartest person in the room, but at 4:20am my IQ is seriously degraded. I'm too close to asleep to come up with a clever introduction, so you get my zombie-mode greeting.

I found this forum by a link in from the Something*Positive webcomic, which might give you hint towards my sense of humor.
    I am a tall, thin, brown haired, blue eyed, American boy upon whom the sun always shines, for whom the birds always sing and to whom life is a grand and happy affair.
    I like to hang out in a more gothic arena because the other people who tend to hang about such places are generally more accepting than my hometown folk, and because I have a broken toy complex.
    I'm generally quite friendly and sincere, so feel free to hop on over and say "hi".
    I have also just started five successive statements in self reference with the letter "I". Gosh, I'm arrogant.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 01-28-2007 at 01:46 AM. Reason: forgot to put my name in the title...

Default Re: New Member Introduction: Gabriel

hello. Now that ive replied, you are the smartest person on this thread.

Howdy howdy .. i don't get into anything I can't win so I'll leave any mention of my IQ out of this!

Hiya and welcome to BB = )

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Hello and welcome! I'm new here to,I think you'll like it here,I do so far.
    Checked out your profile and the link to that comic...soo funny! Since it's under your "life's ambition" section does that mean it's what you do for a living..did you create that,or is it just something you'd like to do? If the former,congrats,that's so cool,I love comics. If the latter,that's cool too,I thought about doing comic art for a while,but I've kinda neglected my "artistic talent" for quite a while. Being a new mommy and working and stuff,just don't have as much time anymore.

Anyhow,nice to know ya..and sexy picture by the way,it's like an album cover or something,hehe Is that in Detroit? Do you still live there..I have family in Levonia,Michigan.

Heh, I've read that comic. Never knew they provided linkage to here.

Well, howdy and welcome.

Oooh. And xkcd. That's quite yummy.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Being a new mommy and working and stuff,just don't have as much time anymore.
    gha... i havent done shit in the past 2 months!!!! i know what thats all about... ive got a book thats over 3 monthsoverdue from the library..
    anywhoodles... hi i think that was a pretty good intro for zombie mode my son's middle name is gabriel too! yay for sexy names!!

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Its almost time to form a comic book committee,

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    hello. Now that ive replied, you are the smartest person on this thread.
    Sweet! Time to have a "Who's dumber?" contest!

Quote Originally Posted by StolenName
    Howdy howdy .. i don't get into anything I can't win so I'll leave any mention of my IQ out of this!
    That comment was far too intelligent, I think it counts the same way that God canceled himself out on page 42 of THGTTG where Babelfish was explained...

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Hiya and welcome to BB = )
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantMommy
    Hello and welcome! I'm new here to,I think you'll like it here,I do so far.
    Checked out your profile and the link to that comic...soo funny! Since it's under your "life's ambition" section does that mean it's what you do for a living..did you create that,or is it just something you'd like to do? If the former,congrats,that's so cool,I love comics. If the latter,that's cool too,I thought about doing comic art for a while,but I've kinda neglected my "artistic talent" for quite a while. Being a new mommy and working and stuff,just don't have as much time anymore.

Anyhow,nice to know ya..and sexy picture by the way,it's like an album cover or something,hehe Is that in Detroit? Do you still live there..I have family in Levonia,Michigan.
    Thank you, I do feel quite welcome. And I did not draw that comic, it's drawn by a guy named Randall Munroe whom I've never met, but whose humor I greatly appreciate. I tried to put a link, but the forum informs me I haven't enough posts for that yet. My current position in life is closer to ass-hole, but my ambition is to be a classy ass-hole, a "class-hole" if you will. I do draw, but not well.
    Congratulations on being a new mommy, that is busy stuff.

And thanks about the photo, my profile has a link to my ******* page where it places one of my interests in modeling (prayerfully) in fetish wear someday. Is it ironic to pray for a gig in fetish modeling? I'm sure God smiles at that... And yes, I still live in Detroit, or in Warren, which is close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Heh, I've read that comic. Never knew they provided linkage to here.

Well, howdy and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Oooh. And xkcd. That's quite yummy.
    Yes, it's one of my favorites, he's got a great sense of humor.
    Thank you! Ya'll are so friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    anywhoodles... hi i think that was a pretty good intro for zombie mode my son's middle name is gabriel too! yay for sexy names!!
    Thanks! Zombie-Mode for me is pretty much halfway between the "smart-ass" and "auto-sarcasm" modes on any coffee maker.
    I like the name. It took me 19 years to accept it, but once I did I think it kicks ass. I still occasionally wish I'd gotten "Dominic" just so I could stay straight faced when I tell people to call me "Dom" but then my sanity comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebadiah
    Its almost time to form a comic book committee,

Greetings
    I like the idea. I spent 12 hours each night shift browsing webcomics.
    And thanks!

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Welcome. So far this is the only forum I've seen in which you can state an opinion, and debate, rather than argue with someone about whether it's correct or not. It's very refreshing not seeing words typed incorrectly on purpose, or insults flying where they don't belong. Good place, thus far, hope you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    Welcome. So far this is the only forum I've seen in which you can state an opinion, and debate, rather than argue with someone about whether it's correct or not. It's very refreshing not seeing words typed incorrectly on purpose, or insults flying where they don't belong. Good place, thus far, hope you enjoy
    I so far have enjoyed. Thank you. I hope you all end up enjoying me too.
    Hmmm, does that sound... awkward?

YESSS hitch hikers guide.. <3
    mm dom... haha

what webcomics do you read? ive just discovered cyanide and happiness... which im in love with... and nuklear power, and ummm... damn i know theres another one... ill get back to you on that one. im in zombie mode too right now haha...

YESSS hitch hikers guide.. <3
    mm dom... haha

what webcomics do you read? ive just discovered cyanide and happiness... which im in love with... and nuklear power, and ummm... damn i know theres another one... ill get back to you on that one. im in zombie mode too right now haha...
    Well, my all time favorite is Something Positive - Randy Milholland has this dry dark sense of self torturous humor that I instantly fell in love with.
    This is followed by the infrequently updated Perry Bible Fellowship which is simply sick and twisted on too many levels. LOVE it.
    Third up is XKCD which is a bit nerdy sometimes, but I'm sure plenty here will like it anyway.
    Fourth I'll call "Questionable Content" for which I really have nothing to say, check it out when you're bored sometime.
    Everybody at least knows about Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo, so nothing worth mentioning there.

I have a huge list of others I frequent... did somebody mention starting a webcomic discussion group? Or at least a separate thread?

I'm not allowed to post links yet, because I'm not at 15 posts, but give me a day or two and I can give you a nicely formatted list for quick reference.

i cant wait
    ive heard of a couple of those... my boyfriend checks out "something positive" once in awhile, if thats the same thing im thinking of... xkcd i think ive at least heard of, if not seen... and same with penny arcade, but megatokyo and perry bible fellowship ive never heard of :S haha...
    we should totally start a seperate thread...

i cant wait
    ive heard of a couple of those... my boyfriend checks out "something positive" once in awhile, if thats the same thing im thinking of... xkcd i think ive at least heard of, if not seen... and same with penny arcade, but megatokyo and perry bible fellowship ive never heard of :S haha...
    we should totally start a seperate thread...
    Well, you could start it and I'll join in right away, or I can find a way to make three more posts and then I'll be able to post weblinks...

And you've never even heard of MegaTokyo? Wow, the MegaTokyo missionaries and HomeStarRunner missionaries are more dedicated than Jehova's Witnesses (apologies if I offend any Jehova's Witnesses, but you guys really do take that spreading the message thing seriously)

On a slightly less interactive entertaining topic, run a search for "Ill Will Press" and "Happy Tree Friends". One is disturbed the other is REALLY FREAKING disturbed.

omfg im in love with ill will press and happy tree friends!!! homestar runner too from what ive seen heh... ill go start that thread
    hey do you use msn or yahoo messengers?

omfg im in love with ill will press and happy tree friends!!! homestar runner too from what ive seen heh... ill go start that thread
    hey do you use msn or yahoo messengers?
    I do, I'll add my AIM to my profile.

AIM! hah thats the only one i dont have :S hehe... does that work with msn or yahoo?

AIM! hah thats the only one i dont have :S hehe... does that work with msn or yahoo?
    Doh! Okay, yes, it's very late at night, I'm going to stick with that excuse. Yes, I use them all, but no MSN at work... I should be updated by time you can check my profile again.

sweet okay
    well hey add me if you want... steviesgirl83@hotmail.com
    whoever else wants to add me too, go for it... or yahoo pinguins83@yahoo.ca
    yay

Synthetic.delusion's Avatar DJ Syndel

Welcome to BB... I float around here and there but I'm not on very often. I visit every now and then in my spare time at 1:00AM PST.

Interesting opening post. I found it a little amusing

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic.delusion
    Welcome to BB... I float around here and there but I'm not on very often. I visit every now and then in my spare time at 1:00AM PST.

Interesting opening post. I found it a little amusing
    Thanks! I was fairly proud of that opening, I only derailed my brain twice thinking it up!

Kat's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    I so far have enjoyed. Thank you. I hope you all end up enjoying me too.
    Hmmm, does that sound... awkward?
    Not so much awkward as sounds like you just propositioned everyone here

Welcome to you

sounds like fun all around i think! haha!!

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

did somebody say zombies? hehe
    hello and welcome (if I'm still allowed to say that, I've been MIA for a while myself)

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

greetings, enjoy! zombification is not fun

mmust sleep!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    mmust sleep!
    Do your sleeping in the stands of the Stadium of Light!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat
    Not so much awkward as sounds like you just propositioned everyone here

Welcome to you
    Doomed to be a slut-boy forever...

sounds like fun all around i think! haha!!
    Half of my mind likes to pretend that I don't say things like that on purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by the_darkness_calls
    did somebody say zombies? hehe
    hello and welcome (if I'm still allowed to say that, I've been MIA for a while myself)
    BRAAAAAaaaaiiiiinnnnnssss......
    It happens late at night, when I've lost my own I end up prowling for someone else's.
    And Hi! Welcome back yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    greetings, enjoy! zombification is not fun

mmust sleep!
    Zombificiation != fun || Zombification = fun
    Take a look at the Wikipedia article about zombies and decide for your self. Looks to me like it depends which side of the syringe you are on. O_o

And yes, sleep is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Do your sleeping in the stands of the Stadium of Light!
    I do not understand this reference... is the Stadium of Light not a football (soccar) stadium in Sunderland? Why would one sleep there?

Although, right now I would sleep about anywhere...

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    I do not understand this reference... is the Stadium of Light not a football (soccar) stadium in Sunderland? Why would one sleep there?

Although, right now I would sleep about anywhere...
    i assume BSD is trying to take the piss out of my fine heritage :P

luckly i have no intrest in football so it hurt only slightly

+ Reply to Thread