+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Review: Redemption by Wayne Sharrocks

Default Review: Redemption by Wayne Sharrocks

I must confess that I was absolutely fascinated by the prologue, after which it was a hard book to put down. I had become so attached to the lead character that I just wanted to read more. The storyline is of a twisted psychological thriller. The author writes about the journey of a tormented soul, a lonely heart that seeks companionship, a soul so delicate and sensitive and hurt that you yearn for him to win out. It is also a fine sample of a lonely soul living on the seedy streets of london. Coupled with humour and a passionate affair, it is a fantastic read, a curious key to the heart of a gothic writer.

Default Re: Review: Redemption by Wayne Sharrocks

I read this after reading a glowing review in Unscene magazine and thought that it was pretty good. I found it a heartbreaking, sinister, yet captivating thriller.
    What I found most admirable was the sense of horror it induced but without sadistic details.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2
    I read this after reading a glowing review in Unscene magazine and thought that it was pretty good. I found it a heartbreaking, sinister, yet captivating thriller.
    What I found most admirable was the sense of horror it induced but without sadistic details.
    Just read that he's featured in the next issue of Devolution magazine, so may be worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyKat
    Just read that he's featured in the next issue of Devolution magazine, so may be worth a look?
    Definitely! Can't wait to check it out now!

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

hrm, I'll have to check this one out next time I'm at work, I may be able to borrow it from there! One I just read that I really liked was Book of Shadows by James Reese.It's more of a supernatural tale than a thriler, but it's well-written and a real page-turner (for me, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by the_darkness_calls
    hrm, I'll have to check this one out next time I'm at work, I may be able to borrow it from there! One I just read that I really liked was Book of Shadows by James Reese.It's more of a supernatural tale than a thriler, but it's well-written and a real page-turner (for me, anyway).
    Sounds right up my street...I'll give it a peek on Amazon. Cheers!

Love the cover of it & have plenty of copies (new & used from 0.01p) but alas no reviews. Make take a punt on it anyway...

and your little dog too

AlleyKat, why is the only thing you will talk about a book by someone i never heard of?

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    AlleyKat, why is the only thing you will talk about a book by someone i never heard of?
    What?!
    I was refering to the James Reese book that another member recommended to me! I hadn't heard of title/author which is why I checked it out on Amazon.

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyKat
    What?!
    I was refering to the James Reese book that another member recommended to me! I hadn't heard of title/author which is why I checked it out on Amazon.
    you conveniently bumped this thread which seems to be your only interest. why is this your only interest?

+ Reply to Thread