+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Woman president?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Woman president?

I don't know if there's been a thread yet, but...Do you guys think Hillary will be the first woman president?
    I do...I think that her being a woman will pretty much carry her through the whole election.

Do you think it will cause chaos throughout the world though????
    People have told me that they think if she wins other countries will take us even less seriously. Especially since she wants to pull out all of the troops...
    I'm not so sure though...I'm curious to see what her platform will be. I'm not a very politically involved person, but I think it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Default Re: Woman president?

I don't think she could win yet. If people are still voting against black candidates simply because of their skin here in the south...outlook looks bleak.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

If a black man or a woman got elected then the office of president would lose all meaning.

now don't mistake me, I am in no way anti-black or women, in fact I'm more often inclined to be anti-White Man, and that's the whole damn point. That's what the office of president is all about. I would include rich in the title, but it's not neccesary to point that out because there has never and will never be any politican in america that doesn't fit that status.

anyway, to get back to the point, since we all know who really runs the government if they were to put a "minority" in office it would only be because they hoped to use it to get good PR and votes, not because they actually give a shit about minorities, and it would just be a confirm that the president was a total puppet.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Hard to tell, but people took Margaret Thatcher seriously.

that's because she was joe stalin reincarnated.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    that's because she was joe stalin reincarnated.
    Do you think that powerful women must, by necessity, be more draconian in order to be taken seriously?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Hard to tell, but people took Margaret Thatcher seriously.
    your joking....right?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I hope so.

I think that you need a society that has a history of people not being subjegated because of thier differences and where the headline should say "so and so is running for president" not, "a jew is running' or "a woman is running" or whatever, for a woman in power ( or anyone other than that matching the common description of every other president) to be taken seriously.

(continued from above post, cut off by edit timer)...

Canada would be a good example. some African nations as well. Germany... eh, they are pushing a little too hard toward all things liberal to be fully believable, but given time and future generations, it might be a step in the right direction. But england is perfectly at home in my original statement.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    I don't know if there's been a thread yet, but...Do you guys think Hillary will be the first woman president?
    I do...I think that her being a woman will pretty much carry her through the whole election.

Do you think it will cause chaos throughout the world though????
    People have told me that they think if she wins other countries will take us even less seriously. Especially since she wants to pull out all of the troops...
    I'm not so sure though...I'm curious to see what her platform will be. I'm not a very politically involved person, but I think it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Fuck what other countries think, its time to take care of ourselves. I hope she does become president.

I think that you need a society that has a history of people not being subjegated because of thier differences and where the headline should say "so and so is running for president" not, "a jew is running' or "a woman is running" or whatever, for a woman in power ( or anyone other than that matching the common description of every other president) to be taken seriously.
    To get to that point we have to start somewhere until the shocking value just becomes desensitized.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

if she can do a better job than the current administration im all for it, and seriously she dosent need to do much to do better

Woman are already the presidents of some world powers. I believe the Fillipines has a female president.

In America i'm not sure that she could win. Not right now anyway. Too much sexism and racism still.

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Does the idea of Bill as the First Man help her or hinder her?

aren't those two divorced already?

Kat's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Woman are already the presidents of some world powers. I believe the Fillipines has a female president.

In America i'm not sure that she could win. Not right now anyway. Too much sexism and racism still.
    New Zealand has a female Prime Minister - and she's been re-elected at least once.

I agree with you, she probably couldn't win in America at the moment. Or at any time soon, in my opinion. There's too many idiots in America who are terrified of anything different to themselves, be it skin colour, lifestyle or plumbing. Unfortunately, a lot of them seem to vote.

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

It really depends on who she's running against. The Republicans have really screwed themselves and if the trend continues they won't be in the White House again in 2008.

The best thing this whole situation helps push is...how much we as a voting group need to get other people out there on election day ^^.

get over it man, don't you realize that voting is for suckers?

seriously though, when the majority of people don't vote, I think it says something about the voters and the election process, not the other way around.

well atleast voting keeps feudalism at bay, hey isn't your president the son of a former president? how'd that happen? oh right, because so many of you think votings for suckers and don't even try.

no, it's because of assholes like the ones on this board who want to take away peoples rights and then justify any oppositon to it as anti-freedom because it infringes on the 'rights' of the abusers to abuse and exploit their victims.

I don't have to explain anything to you, you obviously don't know how the electoral system works. this is absurd bullshit, george bush is the fucked up lunactic, me punching a button doesn't have anything to do with that. if a person put a gun to your head and told you to stop them from shooting you and you didn't do it, and then they shot you, you'd say it was your own fault for not stopping them that you got shot. not the fact that they were the one's that shot you. that's just stupid and doesn't make any sense. I didn't set up the electoral process, I don't have the choice of not having to abvide by it because it's forced upon me. the only way I would be responsible for Bush being elected if is I voted for him, and I didn't. the only thing you can fairly accuse me of is for not electing john kerry, but I don't want him as president either. I would've voted for nadar, not because I think he'd win, he would never win because the vote is rigged, but to at least appease people like you and say that I voted for the canidate of my choosing- but they ripped him off and wouldn't let him on the ballot, once more showing how messed up the sham democracy is.

democracy is not a sham, it's a way to see who really has the most energy to win that particular race, not a chance I'd want that sort of job so at least I'll choose between the people who want it and thier all bad choices because face it what kind 'normal 'person would want the job of leading(ruling, lording it over, whastever) millions of whining idiots who really can't be bothered to do anything but complain about the world they've been born into

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Wow,
    Mr Karl your normaly a man of few words. hehe

It's raining angst.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Don't know, what will happen.. but i know i want to see

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton.. What a hoot

Holy crap, lol. I never even thought of that.

I always wondered what would have happened if that crazy guy won....what was his name?...early nineties, an independant guy, businessman with a lot of money, southern I think

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

Ross Perot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    Don't know, what will happen.. but i know i want to see

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton.. What a hoot
    dude.. if it's Reagan 2012... I'm gonna light myself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Xochitl
    Ross Perot?
    I had a job doing graphics for his company for just under three months. It paid great (compared to retail) and I would have done it for way longer. Only I was a contract employee. People who had contracts longer than three months were expected to go permanent and had to get full security clearance. This is a giant pain in the ass and includes people pestering your neighbors, friends, and relatives. Permanent employees also made way less money than contract workers.

The last couple of days of the three months, I was going to a medieval reenactment. So my actual last day was just a few days shy of three months. We had a blackout in the building on my last day, so I never got to finish putting all my work in order for the next person. I offered to come in another day, after I got back from my medieval reenactment, and complete putting everything in order. They told me it would be a security violation for me to do so.

Couldn't any competent spy have found everything in 90 days that they could find in 91?

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

If a black man or a woman got elected then the office of president would lose all meaning.

now don't mistake me, I am in no way anti-black or women, in fact I'm more often inclined to be anti-White Man, and that's the whole damn point. That's what the office of president is all about. I would include rich in the title, but it's not neccesary to point that out because there has never and will never be any politican in america that doesn't fit that status.

anyway, to get back to the point, since we all know who really runs the government if they were to put a "minority" in office it would only be because they hoped to use it to get good PR and votes, not because they actually give a shit about minorities, and it would just be a confirm that the president was a total puppet.
    surely if you think the president is a puppet then its lost all meaning already. so the only problem with having a minority in a presidential role is that it proves the president is a puppet to people that already think it?

and women arent a minority, infact, women are the majority in america and the uk. (statistics from 2004)

Ross Perot, thats the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    and women arent a minority
    they are in politics.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

they are in politics.
    Very broad statement, in higher levels of politics such as president, yes, but in general i wouldnt say so.

not really an arguement. just stating it the way that I see it. well I don't really have anything to add. I think my previous posts pretty much sum it up. But in the next election I'll be sure to vote for beating your kids, electrocuting mice, banning birth control and hilary rodham clinton.

+ Reply to Thread