+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mastodon

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Default Mastodon

I was wondering....seeing as how there are a few people from Tenn here...anyone going to see the Mastodon show in Nashville on Fri? Its at a place called "Rocketown"...anyone know anything about the venue?

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Default Re: Mastodon

Not going to Mastadon,but on a similar note,I know there's lots of Floridians on here and people around FL. Anyone going to see The Cure and the Shiny Toy Guns at Ultra Music Fest in Miami March 24-25? I'll be there!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i came in here thinking we were gona talk about the rad prehistoric beast

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i came in here thinking we were gona talk about the rad prehistoric beast

me too :/

I love Mastodon! They are coming here next Monday. It's a sold-out show and I got no ticket.

Did the show down there sell out?

I'm sure in some towns it is...but in Tenn.? Doubtful

I scored a ticket yesterday from a friend of mine! I can't wait to see them. They play on monday here.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

What are you all talking about.. Why tease me, are you all sadists that are going to wallow in my concert-goingless existence.

Mastadon are playing with Slayer here in March I think woo.

Gotta get a ticket soon!

I'm going tonight, how was that show in Tenn.? I'm sticking to booze tonight though, I gotta work tomorrow. My friend who gave me the ticket went bowling with the band last night. That sounded so fun, lucky cunt.

Well.....Mastadon was excellent, but the venue kinda sucked. Converge and Priestess opened and I could have easily done without either of those. I know Converge get a lot of respect, but to me they sound like a sonic tribute to tourettes syndrome. Im all for strange time signatures, but at some point,.theres gotta be a riff to lock into.
    The venue (Rocketown) was not at all the type of place to see a metal show. No alcohol at all, which seeing as I had a 3 hr drive after the show I wasnt going to be drinking anyways, but still.....not only couldnt you smoke there, you couldnt bring cigarettes inside at all. They tried to confiscate 2 pack from me during the pat-down. I was able to convince them to let me take them back to my car before I went in.
    I kinda get the feeling its a youth centered type place, which in and of itself is a cool thing, but just not the type of place Im used to seeing a metal show. WWLD (What Would Lemmy Do?)

Damn man, that Venue sounds so lame. I can't think of less metal place to see a show either. Sounds like daycare. Yeah, I don't like Converge either. The guys I went with hate that band too so we went to the parking lot and sat in the car for 45 minutes smoking weed. I was so fucking tossed when we walked back in there, I had to chug a couple beers just to get my bearings back.

I heard priestess was good, and I did like their music some, but the thing I thought was so stupid was the 10 minute drum solo. It was way over the top (in a bad way) I hate drum solos. The singers clear acrylic guitar was stupid too.

Mastodon was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    The venue (Rocketown) was not at all the type of place to see a metal show. No alcohol at all, which seeing as I had a 3 hr drive after the show I wasnt going to be drinking anyways, but still.....not only couldnt you smoke there, you couldnt bring cigarettes inside at all. They tried to confiscate 2 pack from me during the pat-down. I was able to convince them to let me take them back to my car before I went in.(What Would Lemmy Do?)
    Sounds like a horrible joint. And similar to a place we call "The Underground" which is a christian run youth place. It's pretty much straight edge, however, if you play metal/punk/rock/indie you kind of have to play there at some point. What tended to happen were people getting smashed outside before heading in and considering they don't have any security cause they're not licensed, it tends to work.

Still, that's pretty anal with the cigarettes. I understand smoking in venues and stuff, kind of annoys me sometimes and I tend to get terrible coughs, but still that's pretty rough. Australia has "no smoking" laws in pubs that state no smoking within a metre of the bar and tehre are always designated non-smoking areas. They should have set up a chimney room or something.

Man, Mastadon come soon to Oz and I still don't have a ticket! Grrrrr .. need cash!

wicked events in NJ!

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantMommy
    Not going to Mastadon,but on a similar note,I know there's lots of Floridians on here and people around FL. Anyone going to see The Cure and the Shiny Toy Guns at Ultra Music Fest in Miami March 24-25? I'll be there!
    Hopefully.....yes. I've been to Ultra Music Festival twice now. And I'd love to go again.... now I just have to figure out getting there with my class schedule and such. But, hopefully, yes, I'll be thre. Many of my friends down there are going, though and that's definite!

They changed the venue last year, and everyone (or, well, everyone in my usual crowd) was a bit disappointed. Because we usually meet in the same spot every year and meet up there with all these people we only see once a year.... and last year, it couldn't happen like that in the new venue.

What did you think of it? Or is this your first year going?

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Hopefully.....yes. I've been to Ultra Music Festival twice now. And I'd love to go again.... now I just have to figure out getting there with my class schedule and such. But, hopefully, yes, I'll be thre. Many of my friends down there are going, though and that's definite!

They changed the venue last year, and everyone (or, well, everyone in my usual crowd) was a bit disappointed. Because we usually meet in the same spot every year and meet up there with all these people we only see once a year.... and last year, it couldn't happen like that in the new venue.

What did you think of it? Or is this your first year going?
    Well the only other time I went was a few years back when the headliners were Snoop Dogg,Blues Traveler and George Clinton and P-Funk...(Didn't care for Blues Traveler,but the other two,I adore!)..and I really liked the big open park atmosphere ,everyone was super friendly,(most of them were rolling their asses off so it's no wonder,I was sadly sober..=( ) Where did they change the venue to anyway? I hope not indoor..

Anyway,I'm meeting up w/ a few friends there too,since I live in GA now. Maybe we could all just get together and say hey or something,who knows?

+ Reply to Thread