+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink????

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Pink????

So I read on here yesterday, I think on the Hot Topic post, that 'goths shoud not wear pink'. Now I am not a pink person, I don't think that pink is the new black, and I certainly don't look longingly at all the pink lingerie at Victoria's secret, but I DO have pink hair. So, in turn, sometimes I wear some pink. Not cause I love pink oh so much, just cause it matches my hair.

Am I still goth?????

(hint hint, sarcasm)

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Pink????

If anyone pulls you on it, just point out that

"It's not pink. It's emo purple"

Jessica's Avatar Junior Member

Buahahahaha... I'm going to wear extra pink just to spite them!

Haha. I use my hair colour as an excuse to buy matching clothes, too. Guess I'm not gothie, either.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

i think pink is awesome for goths, unless ure a dungeons and dragons type of Goth ::shrugs:: i dunno

um.. i guess they didnt get the memo that pink is the new black

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

pinks cool as long as its really bright pink, but not if its pastel pink, bluuuurgh

i also like pink bits too

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I believe I was the one that posted about the Pink thing. The exact context was, "I was a tad pissed off at the Cyber-Goths that, although they were a minority at the club we attended at the time, they still demanded a lot more of the music be EBM, which the djs did because they wanted to be seen to be 'keeping up with the scene'. I made comments that about this and that maybe goths were wearing possibly too much pink (I'm not a Barbie-type person)"
    The club that was playing all the EBM is now defunct, since majority of people stopped going because of the EBM. Now the longest running Goth night in the area is a Trad Goth night that will only play the odd EBM track, and only the better quality tracks.

Girls with pink hair are yummy.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Why, yes. They can be...[IMG]http://a14.ac-images.*******cdn.com/images01/28/l_9627cb85560a157c4e9bc00dcbd0f6ad.jpg[/IMG]

From the 2006 Goth Dress Code

Pink or other "Happy" colors are generally scorned due to an accepted dreariness of the scene. However advanced or senior goths may use Happy Colors under certian conditions. Happy Colors may be as trim or highlights. This includes edging on clothing or hats, trim on jackets, shirts or pants and all undergarments. Hair may be dyed to a Happy color if the goth is a known associate of at least two other goths who dye their hair black to provide contrast to the scene. (Goths who claim thier hair is naturally that black are to be assumed as dyeing their hair black) Larger amounts of Happy colors can be worn ironically or as a protest against the idea that all goths wear black.
    Now I haven't seen the 2007 dress code yet, but according to the newsletters so far the only change scheduled for 2007 is a redefinition of the 27 accepted types of black is being expanded to 32. So you are safe but I will need to reorganize my wardrobe.

Where'd you get that from, Cafe?

Tri-state goth council. ;-p

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    From the 2006 Goth Dress Code

Now I haven't seen the 2007 dress code yet, but according to the newsletters so far the only change scheduled for 2007 is a redefinition of the 27 accepted types of black is being expanded to 32. So you are safe but I will need to reorganize my wardrobe.

tee hee :-) too funny :-)

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

dude, who cares? I mean, really, pink is pink, whatever....... I never go out anymore(because I still don't know where the clubs are here)so I just don't pay attention......... really, who dictates fashon anyways?........

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

I dictate fashion!!
    Muahahahaha!

Saucy Pirate Wench

But i like pink. well not pink pink but like rose (dusty rose for the gothy types) bubble gum pink, neon pink, just not that barbie pastel pink.

and if you look at all the "rules" for being a goth kid, i break all of 'em. I'm a non conformist. and hte best way to do that is to *gasp* not play by ANYONES rules. So wear pink. wear Blue, wear green and yellow and purple and fairy wings and smile if you must. Giggle. who gives a damn?

S

(ps - i have ALOT of neon red that i bought to go with my nuclear red hair)

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

I don't know if you can still be goth, but you surely can still be hot wearing pink. Especially your hair, that's yummy. In a non-palatable sense...

Jessica's Avatar Junior Member

Just be yourself. Wear what you want. Do what you want. And if anyone gives you any crap, flip them off. And wear pink nail polish when you do it, too!

+ Reply to Thread