+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oi oi!

deadgirl82's Avatar Junior Member

Default Oi oi!

Ok, deal is this
    Im using Limewire to download my music right now, as Im a cheapo, and would rather steal music for free, than pay
    Can anyone tell me where I can get some Alpha Shemale stuff, as my searches have proven fruitless??

Oh, im new, so feel free to drop me a line fuckos xxx

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Oi oi!

who are you? and remind me again why I should feel the obligation to give you music?

deadgirl82's Avatar Junior Member

Im me...obvious that your handle on the English language is pretty loose, or you would infact be able to read my user name

Just letting ya know.. im pretty sure piracy talks are kinda forbidden on these forums..so don't really expect an answer.

Welcome though!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Frostwire is better than Limewire thats all im sayin r

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    Frostwire is better than Limewire thats all im sayin r
    oh i forgot to mention , its alaways best to buy the music if its a band you realy love tho, you know support the scene and stuff.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

yeah seriously you should buy music, and even if you dont want to buy music, youre not going to find anything cool on limewire. and dont come into new forums acting like a twat, thats just bad manners.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Downloading sucks.

People today want handouts, expect, and demand handouts. It sucks for the hardworking people who have to make up the slack for those freeloading folks...

In 1995 the best selling industrial comp cd sold 30,000 copies in Germany. In 2005 the best selling industiral comp cd sold 5,000 in Germany. And Germany sells more than any other country, if that tells you anything.
    A record label only pays the artist for how many cds are sold. So, everytime you burn your buddy a cd, or download whatever for free instead of buying it, you are denying the artist their paycheck. And if the artists are not getting a paycheck, they cant continue to make music for the clubs to play, and for all of you to enjoy.

Its a shame that most young people today are so proud of their downloaded collection, without realizing at all how much harm they are causing. People have lost their relationship with music. I remember spending hours in record stores going through everything, being so proud of what I found...now indie record stores are closing down as well. Look at Tower Records, they went bankrupt last year too.
    If you are Madonna, or Jay Z you are not going to notice a big change in your world because of illegal downloading. Its the smaller artists who do. And believe me, a lot of artists you think may be rolling in the dough (because you hear them played on the radio) are more broke than my friends who work in factories.
    If you respect a band, remove their songs from the file-sharing parts of your computer. And go buy one of their cds.

End Rant.

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    Downloading sucks.

People today want handouts, expect, and demand handouts. It sucks for the hardworking people who have to make up the slack for those freeloading folks...

In 1995 the best selling industrial comp cd sold 30,000 copies in Germany. In 2005 the best selling industiral comp cd sold 5,000 in Germany. And Germany sells more than any other country, if that tells you anything.
    A record label only pays the artist for how many cds are sold. So, everytime you burn your buddy a cd, or download whatever for free instead of buying it, you are denying the artist their paycheck. And if the artists are not getting a paycheck, they cant continue to make music for the clubs to play, and for all of you to enjoy.

Its a shame that most young people today are so proud of their downloaded collection, without realizing at all how much harm they are causing. People have lost their relationship with music. I remember spending hours in record stores going through everything, being so proud of what I found...now indie record stores are closing down as well. Look at Tower Records, they went bankrupt last year too.
    If you are Madonna, or Jay Z you are not going to notice a big change in your world because of illegal downloading. Its the smaller artists who do. And believe me, a lot of artists you think may be rolling in the dough (because you hear them played on the radio) are more broke than my friends who work in factories.
    If you respect a band, remove their songs from the file-sharing parts of your computer. And go buy one of their cds.

End Rant.
    Funny I just said basically the same thing on another community (vid gaming related)

VoldtaEngler: I believe this has been discussed before..and I think the mods locked it because it's technically stealing because the dev's/publishers/everybody loses money from that potential sale...

Pirate: and?

VoldtaEngler: And you guys wonder why dev's come out with crap titles most of the time. What's the point in creating something good and not having someone pay for the hard work? "oh..but im not hurting anyone..it's not like they will miss that $20." You know..until the next hundred thousand people take it too and that $20 becomes $2Mil.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hello cheapo.....aren't you worried about the subliminal messages the man put's into 'stolen' music?

MrGoff's Avatar Member

Downloading sucks.

End Rant.

the thing is mose bands only get payed 1 to 2 dollars a cd sale and then they have to split the dollar between them so if you are in a band with 4 players you make 0.25 a cd. the only way bands makes good $ is with merch. But if they don't sell cds they don't get much merch made. I miss Tower Records and Record Rack. good times

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoff
    the thing is mose bands only get payed 1 to 2 dollars a cd sale and then they have to split the dollar between them so if you are in a band with 4 players you make 0.25 a cd. the only way bands makes good $ is with merch. But if they don't sell cds they don't get much merch made. I miss Tower Records and Record Rack. good times
    I only know how much money Metropolis records, and Out of Line records pay their artists per cd. And its 2-4 times the amount you listed. Metropolis, however, pays more than almost every other label out there. The major labels pay a lot less than the indie ones.

MrGoff's Avatar Member

I only know how much money Metropolis records, and Out of Line records pay their artists per cd. And its 2-4 times the amount you listed. Metropolis, however, pays more than almost every other label out there. The major labels pay a lot less than the indie ones.

thats still not a lot after the split but thats why we need to pay .I use to roadie for Jane's addic. and just the sets ate up a lot of their $ so sometimes if you would like to see bigger better show you'll have to pay for the cds. good art is not cheap and cheap art is not good

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Roxy Contin is a BlueBlood.com hottie too, so that would be kinda like stealing from family.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    yeah seriously you should buy music, and even if you dont want to buy music, youre not going to find anything cool on limewire. and dont come into new forums acting like a twat, thats just bad manners.

teehee

i download all the time, but i also go to everyshow i can, buy shirts and whatnot

id rather get my music for free and listen to good music then not being able to afford some cds and not listen to anything at all.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

yeah honestly i do download a lot, if i like it i make every effort to buy it (however some stuff i get is either OOP, really really hard to find, or would cost way to much to have it shipped here) and if i dont like it i delete it. the only time get pissed off is when people try to make money off of bootlegging,

Also, a lot of the bitching ive been hearing lately on other forums is from electronic musicians, i wonder how many of them run pirated software.

+ Reply to Thread