+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: getting pierced by piercing gun

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default Re: getting pierced by piercing gun

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE

WTF?!

Three pushes for a lip piercing? For ANY piercing?

... I'd have punched him/her... But thats just me.

piece of shit piercer.. maybe under the influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I prefer the needles, and since you can hear the snap of the gun, you are more likely to jump, causing a mis-alligned piercing.

and needles are sharp, studs are blunt

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    i dont like calling it a gun

its sounds much cooler when you are "pierced by a machine"

I hope you're a sarcastic rivet-head

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    my dentist recently said that in addition to the whole chipped tooth from the jewelry that there is a risk of the stud creating a frelling hole in the roof of my mouth. ive had my tongue done for over ten years now and have never noticed any changes to the roof of my mouth from it.
    My Dentist is a dear man. He is, however, quite conservative. What tipped me off was: I had seen a periodontist due to an abscess. The Periodontist liked my lip piercing. He did question oral piercings, but was much less absolute in his assessment. When I saw my Dentist, he questioned the lip piercing even. I forced him to concede based on the Periodontist's opinion. Thus, I think folks here are probably correct. There is some risk in oral piercings, but they can be mitigated. The odd thing was: I have never even desired a tongue ring. The argument given by my Dentist parallels your second point. I think it was just him being very conservative. He's an incredible man, however. He's over 80 and does amazing work.

OEC

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    piece of shit piercer.. maybe under the influence?
    Definitely a shit piercer. If he was under the influence, I would not want to try that concoction. Grumpy basturd as well. It was a sweet rush to be honest, but I think it would have traumatized a lot of people. Every other piercer I've used has been top-notch. Other posters here may well have simply beat his silly ass.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

didn't hempknight or pirateman or someone talk about how their "piercing gun" was a large caliber hand-pistol and bullet? or am I imaging posts that don't exist again?

RAGE's Avatar A wolf among wolves

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    my dentist recently said that in addition to the whole chipped tooth from the jewelry that there is a risk of the stud creating a frelling hole in the roof of my mouth. ive had my tongue done for over ten years now and have never noticed any changes to the roof of my mouth from it.
    Now that claim is pure shit.

And I've heard dentist make claims as to the actual metal in your mouth not being healthy and promoting tooth decay and other such non-sense. Yet braces, retainers, fillings, ect. contain what?

Its like with doctors telling people to take the jewelry out of an infected piercing. The brains arent all there. If you remove the jewelry from an infected piercing, it cant run. The openings seal and you get a puss bubble, which is detrimental to healing and increases the chance of nasty scarring..

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    I think some dentists just try to say whatever they can to make people not get pierced heh... yeah theyre IS a risk of getting chipped teeth or whatever, but you ahve to take care of your piercing and your teeth... duh! i want to get 2 rings in one side of my lip, i wouldnt let them chip my teeth or anything :S
    then again my teeth are absolute shite right now... so who knows what would happen hahaa my teeth on that side would probably disintegrate... BUT then i could get dentures yaaaay!!! sometiems im tempted to just get every tooth removed and get complete dentures hahaa... its that bad heh...
    CBRs in your lip wouldnt be a problem for chipping. As its hard to actually bite down on the jewelry unless its diameter is large enough.

Chipping is hard to contiously avoid, usually occurs while eating and such. Best way to do so is make sure the jewelry fits right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    I've seen this often... you should change the barbell to a smaller one after initial healing time, you start off with a long one because of the swelling that usually occurs after the piercing
    Ahh, yeah. The long bar might get that... But I've rarely seen anyone keep the long one in past necessery time. Most people seem to HATE it. I know I sure as hell did.

Roxy Contin's Avatar Member

yeah I seriously cannot see this scenario ever really happening, someone actually choosing a piercing gun in a strip mall piercing booth over a liscensed piercer, did this actually happen or something? it's boggling my brain?!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Contin
    yeah I seriously cannot see this scenario ever really happening, someone actually choosing a piercing gun in a strip mall piercing booth over a liscensed piercer, did this actually happen or something? it's boggling my brain?!

OMG YES!! that's why i posted this! I started to bug me that people kept coming in to my shop for nostril piercings and when they asked if it was done with a gun or needle, I tell them needle and they get scared and leave EVEN after I tell them why they shouldn't get pierced with a gun. They leave saying "I still wanna get pierced with a gun" how fucken S T U P I D can people be

over their head

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

it would b e better to use a stapler than the piercing gun

of course i cant fit my ear in a 3 hole punch yet

its just that the gun is more brutal

and brutal is metal right?

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

i guess some people want to get hurt more and possibly get infected?? not meeee...

+ Reply to Thread