+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dracula's Ball

Default Dracula's Ball

Has anyone been to the previous Dracula's Balls? Or more specifically then one held Halloween/Halloween weekend? It's in Philidelphia.... a friend of mine wants me to go up to Phili to visit her this halloween and go to this event and I was wondering if it is worth going to.

Default Re: Dracula's Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    Has anyone been to the previous Dracula's Balls? Or more specifically then one held Halloween/Halloween weekend? It's in Philidelphia.... a friend of mine wants me to go up to Phili to visit her this halloween and go to this event and I was wondering if it is worth going to.

I've been to it once but not for long. My ex wanted to go, and thus i got dragged along. To me it seemed cliche. So i left after about 10 minutes to hit up Pats for a cheese steak the hang out on South street with some friends. I was never really into that end of the counter culture spectrum, but if you are then you would most likely have a good time.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

One of my friends goes to that every year. She loves it. She seems to know every damn vampire on the east coast tho too hehe. Just try it and see.

OEC

Well I'm not into the whole VTM or any of that role playing Vampire stuff.... I was just thinking it was a big alternative club event with good music and decent attire.... I don't want to end up having all these people being like "Hey are you a (insert VTM clan here)" or some such. My main interest in going really is just to visit my friend up in PA and they were suggesting we do that for halloween weekend so I'm more than likely going to attend I just hope I won't be dissappointed.

She's not into VTM at all. She knows the folks who believe they are vampires or follow some sort of vampire creed in NYC. I'd have to ask, but I doubt it would be a bunch of roleplayers. I'm usre it will be interesting if nothing else.

OEC

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I've been to the Whitby Dracula Society's Masked Ball, and it's been great fun. I doubt this is a help, but the do have a theme each time, one time they said the theme was "Wear something Red" so I went as Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. This year the theme was "Dreams and Nightmares", so I went dressed in a King Arthur outfit ("KNIGHT" of the Round Table) and wore a Unicorn mask ("Mare").
    I like my puns. When dressed as King Arthur, I was crowned King of the Ball, so I was hoping to go as the court jester next time.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I've been to the Whitby Dracula Society's Masked Ball, and it's been great fun. I doubt this is a help, but the do have a theme each time, one time they said the theme was "Wear something Red" so I went as Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. This year the theme was "Dreams and Nightmares", so I went dressed in a King Arthur outfit ("KNIGHT" of the Round Table) and wore a Unicorn mask ("Mare").
    I like my puns. When dressed as King Arthur, I was crowned King of the Ball, so I was hoping to go as the court jester next time.
    That's kick ass I want to party with you.

I would have no problem with being bitten by a vampire. The lifestyle seems pretty cool, not to mention sexual.

wicked events in NJ!

I find Drac's Ball to be one of the most fun dark events I go to. I originally went, I admit, mostly to promote my own stuff--but I was stunned by the event. The venue is big and fun to walk around, and the people were stunningly friendly. They have a great selection of bands, a great sound system, and last time I was there, the downstairs DJ played mashups that flat-out made me laugh.

(Not affiliated with the event, just a fan.)

Because I love weird stuff and culture....I'd love to go to one.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFaire2007
    I find Drac's Ball to be one of the most fun dark events I go to. I originally went, I admit, mostly to promote my own stuff--but I was stunned by the event. The venue is big and fun to walk around, and the people were stunningly friendly. They have a great selection of bands, a great sound system, and last time I was there, the downstairs DJ played mashups that flat-out made me laugh.

(Not affiliated with the event, just a fan.)
    Sounded fun. I would have gone with her if I'd had the time.

OEC

Woo. In Australia we never get these kind of events in Australia - well - on the occasion but rarely.

+ Reply to Thread