+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Are Some Things You Hate To Be Told????

Default Re: What Are Some Things You Hate To Be Told????

being told i'm not trying hard enough

"ur young you dont know whut love is"
    THAT pisses me off so damn bad
    I may not know whut love is to evryone ele but i know whut is to me and dammit
    id like to tell ppl when they say that
    "would u tell that to a child of 5 or 6 when they say "I love you mommy daddy", would u tell them they dont know love cus they are young!" seriuosly!

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by sugar_n_spice
    "ur young you dont know whut love is"
    THAT pisses me off so damn bad
    I may not know whut love is to evryone ele but i know whut is to me and dammit
    id like to tell ppl when they say that
    "would u tell that to a child of 5 or 6 when they say "I love you mommy daddy", would u tell them they dont know love cus they are young!" seriuosly!
    Actually what you need to do is get a recording of Donnie & Osmond's "Puppy Love" (awesome track in my opinion by the way) and do a sentimental voice-over using the text you posted as a script sort of "leader of the pack" style. Then stalk those non-understanding cretins with a large ghetto-blaster and an easily seen stock of spare D size batteries. Unendingly play your new aural masterpeice all the while acompanying yourself accompanying Donny only this time singing his parts live. A couple of hours of this and they will be on their knees begging to agree with anything you say if you will only just pipe down and they will never ever seek to contact you again.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i despise being told i have deep psychological issues and a low self image, just because i bought boobs. my psychological issues and low self image have not only nothing to do with my boobs. they stem from my bad child hood and fat ass.

i also hate being told that i should have picked a different career path. I'd rather have a job I love and be hated for it, that have a job I hate just to get respect from ppl i could give a shit about.

~K

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I hate people guessing at "psychological" issues as well. I know my own pathologies like the back of my hand. People should tend to their own gardens of neurosis.

Jackie T

Betty Coltraine's Avatar Junior Member
    Bribie Island, Australia. Bankstown, Australia. Look them up. It's a bizarre combination!

This has been touched on a bit, but I really hate it when people comment on my appearance in a way that isn't complimentary (for example, asking 'why' I would dye my hair a certain colour) or ask what 'statement' I'm trying to make. What? Am I too hideous to actually think I look good this way? When people say things like that to me, they basically seem to be expressing surprise that anyone would want to look like me. They wouldn't ask a 'normal' (for lack a better term) girl my age a question like that. They would assume it would offend them. Do I lack the same vanity? I would think the obvious effort I have put into dyeing my hair or painting my face would speak otherwise.

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

"No"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    People should tend to their own gardens of neurosis.
    Jackie T
    as advised by Iron Butterfly in their '68 hit "Inner garden of ego" (christ shuddup willya )

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    as advised by Iron Butterfly in their '68 hit "Inner garden of ego" (christ shuddup willya )
    damn. I'll have to cite them next time. Thought I'd come up with at least 50 cents worth of verbage there. ah well.

Jackie T

50c could buy a lot more mockery of self-mockery in 1968 than it can now... you'd be lucky to get someone to mock anything for 50c these days and if you could it would amount to no more than a gentle hollow appraisal

+ Reply to Thread