+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burlesque In Australia(Sydney Morning Herald Article Link)

Default Burlesque In Australia(Sydney Morning Herald Article Link)

Just got through reading this article from the Sydney Morning Herald on the appeal of burlesque Down Under(no pun intended ), and thought that y'all might be interested to see it for yourselves.

It's at http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts/kiss...e#contentSwap1.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Re: Burlesque In Australia(Sydney Morning Herald Article Link)

saw this one... of course i have to reply to your post as it's not very far up the road from my office which i'm sitting in right now (naughty... I'd better get back to it) and about the first thing ever on these boards that actually has a direct relevance to me

Amber Marie looks like the best U.S. export since solid body electric guitars

love the quote "drives straight men crazy and gay men straight".

wasn't aware of "Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School " tho... I can practically see that venue out my window

SMH is not a bad online newspaper actually... the other one I like is The Guardian from the UK

Default Re: Burlesque In Australia(Sydney Morning Herald Article Link)

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    saw this one... of course i have to reply to your post as it's not very far up the road from my office which i'm sitting in right now (naughty... I'd better get back to it) and about the first thing ever on these boards that actually has a direct relevance to me

Amber Marie looks like the best U.S. export since solid body electric guitars

love the quote "drives straight men crazy and gay men straight".

wasn't aware of "Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School " tho... I can practically see that venue out my window

SMH is not a bad online newspaper actually... the other one I like is The Guardian from the UK
    Well, glad to be the first person to post anything here of direct relevance to you, and will keep that in mind for future posts, as I read the on-line version of the SMH every day. Also read the Guardian, though far more occasionally than the SMH, and the Independent UK as well. Am a fan of Robert Fisk's columns there.

If it wasn't for the SMH, I'd never have known very much or anything about the North Cronulla Beach riots in December of last year. Fascinating, in the same way as a car or train wreck can be, to watch unfold.

Also like to read about the latest Australian movie offerings there, and in its sister publication, The Age, whenever possible.

Glad you enjoyed this,and, better get back to work, before the boss man sees you and you get the sack .

Cheers, D.

+ Reply to Thread