+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Fantasy Apparel.....

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Your Fantasy Apparel.....

Just say (for fun and hypothetical fantasizing purposes) that you could have your own custom outfit made, something iconic that would leave an impression on people, so if they thought of you they would think of you in THAT outfit. Kind of the way you think of Spider Man's spidery outfit when you think of him...... what would yours look like???

My current fantasy outfit (which I will be making, by the way) would be a cream colored corset covered in the bones of whatever animals are available at the...er.....bone store. The corset would have crystals and beads draped off of it, all elegantly... I'd wear a huge tule skirt with all sorts of draping, and some kind of fantastical gloves out of crocheted glittery yarn or something all in whites and off whites so that it glowed in the moonlight like some haunted creature from the afterlife. Then I'd have a cool headpiece, with either branches or antlers and more draped beads and crystals.

Yeeeeeaaaah..... fantasy land is one cool place!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Your Fantasy Apparel.....

I've made a note of this topic. I'll give you an outline when I replenish the coffers over the next couple weeks. Life is but a dream

JT

Probably something like John Steed's wardrobe from "The Avengers"(bowler hat, morning coat or suit jacket, and, of course, the trademark umbrella), or perhaps something like Patrick McGoohan as Number Six's garb from "The Prisoner", black(though a khaki or some other neutral colour would be better in Las Vegas's clime)cut-away coat, navy turtleneck, tan slacks, and brown deck shoes.

Can you tell I've watched far too much old British telly re-turns??? LOL

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    Probably something like John Steed's wardrobe...
    The problem with a bowler is that the 'youth' of today won't get it.. and either associate you with a Droog or early P Diddy!

I've had a few things made over the years but having a 'signature outfit' means people expect it.. so it becomes forced on you like a school uniform (apt moment to throw in AC/DC references). If I was going for another one I'd have to get something in the Blackest Blacker-than-Black Black I mentioned ages ago:-

http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=7799

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    The problem with a bowler is that the 'youth' of today won't get it.. and either associate you with a Droog or early P Diddy!

I've had a few things made over the years but having a 'signature outfit' means people expect it.. so it becomes forced on you like a school uniform (apt moment to throw in AC/DC references). If I was going for another one I'd have to get something in the Blackest Blacker-than-Black Black I mentioned ages ago:-

http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=7799
    Wouldn't be dressin' for anyone else but myself. As to what and how people associate articles of clothing that I or someone else wears, well, they're quite welcome to make their associations, whether accurate or not.

As long as they're not trying to either injure or kill me based on whatever ideas they may have associated with a particular item of clothing or look, whatever ideas anyone else might have about the way I or anyone else looks, are strictly their responsibility and no one else's.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

That's most of it. I'd add accessories.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I'd probably have to go for something skintight in leather or something similar. Either a "Mad Max" type outfit or the "SJS Uniform" from the Judge Dredd comics strips (not the movie). Or possibly something from Farscape. I have a friend that has a pattern for a Peacekeeper jacket/longcoat and she said I could have one in Black/Gunmetal Grey instead of the usual Black/Red.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

My Fantasy outfit would be a full suit of black bone armor. I love the look of that shit.

it'd be ultra cool to have my own Mech style armor... something like the robots wear in the power rangers style japanese kids cartoons... i'd deck it out with psychotronic microwave mind control pulse emitters, and that kind of stuff, as well as the usual assortment wrist fired blow guns, gyrojet/ramjet launch pods, and other types of goofy weaponry...

...but that'd just be for specal occasions...

...i actually wear my 'uniform' on a regular basis.

Black suit, black tie, black sunglasses, black hat. like the blues brothers, or an IRS agent LOL... black briefcase carrying who knows what?

it's fun to confuse the squares through savage mockary.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    it'd be ultra cool to have my own Mech style armor... something like the robots wear in the power rangers style japanese kids cartoons... i'd deck it out with psychotronic microwave mind control pulse emitters, and that kind of stuff, as well as the usual assortment wrist fired blow guns, gyrojet/ramjet launch pods, and other types of goofy weaponry...

...but that'd just be for specal occasions...

...i actually wear my 'uniform' on a regular basis.

Black suit, black tie, black sunglasses, black hat. like the blues brothers, or an IRS agent LOL... black briefcase carrying who knows what?

it's fun to confuse the squares through savage mockary.
    haha I carry around a triple width aluminum briefcase. Even that is enough if you're in an a misanthropic mood. Scowl a bit. The sidewalk clears.

JT

Probably some cute-sexy-punk-ish.
    I love skirts so a short (not too short tho) red checkered school-girl skirt & belts (god how i love belts). Stockings with some sweet, romantic pattern & boots.
    & a tight, romantic, ripped top.
    Sorry, I really can't describe. I have so many fantasy oufits..! >_<

A site where there's some of my favorite clothes though: cosmates.jp

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

RUBBER don't really care what !

Oh and my new rocks a la my photo under my profile.

A highquality poets shirt and an embroidered black vest made of silk. Loose fitting comfortable pants and a decent pair of boots. Some non-gaudy rings and a key-necklace.

or: Substitute for a black peasents shirt and an embroidered burgundy vest.

Not that hard to get done..but having it hand made and of perfect quality? Yeah : )

+ Reply to Thread