+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are some issues people continually have with YOU in relationships??

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: What are some issues people continually have with YOU in relationships??

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    haha I was joking. I just found the OJ trial to be like circus. Johnny Cochrane was such a brilliant man. He took over the Court from the Judge and dictated everything that would happen. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"? Brilliant. OJ stopped taking his arthritis meds so his hands swelled up.

My favorite was watching Fuhrman take the 5th 20 odd times. OJ probably killed her, but I don't see the jury's verdict as being "wrong". The defense was just that good.
    Plus on that one issue that fact that OJ was wearing latex gloves. It was an amazing bit of Lawyering on Cochrane's part really and a fiasco on the prosecution's. The Defense was brilliant, and although one has to admire Mr. Cochrane although one would hope he would use his legal super powers for good.

I recently attended a conference at Standford University where the main speaker, a professor in the Law Department. He gave a talk on this trial which was fascinating. He discussed the two different concepts behind defense evidence and storytelling. In this case an evidence based defense wouldn't win. However the storytelling swayed the jury.

Interesting as the conference was the International Association of Artificial Intelligence and Law, and therefor all about logic and the law. A lot of muttering about how to design a program to see through storytelling after that!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Default Re: What are some issues people continually have with YOU in relationships??

I don't get many issues said to my face, though most of my ex girlfriends didn't tell me they were finished with me because "I'm a really nice person and they didn't want to hurt me!"

Am I made of Glass? Will I shatter if they break it off? It hurts, but I survived.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite
    Plus on that one issue that fact that OJ was wearing latex gloves. It was an amazing bit of Lawyering on Cochrane's part really and a fiasco on the prosecution's. The Defense was brilliant, and although one has to admire Mr. Cochrane although one would hope he would use his legal super powers for good.

I recently attended a conference at Standford University where the main speaker, a professor in the Law Department. He gave a talk on this trial which was fascinating. He discussed the two different concepts behind defense evidence and storytelling. In this case an evidence based defense wouldn't win. However the storytelling swayed the jury.

Interesting as the conference was the International Association of Artificial Intelligence and Law, and therefor all about logic and the law. A lot of muttering about how to design a program to see through storytelling after that!
    Storytelling was actually a class at my previous law school that met the writing requirement. Juries tend to be swayed by emotion. If you want to win based on the law (or facts even) a bench trial is better. Juries are unpredictable and generally mocked by folks in the profession.

OJ defense was 50% storytelling + 50% disputing facts. It was close to over even before he put on the gloves. When you see a lead detective plead the fifth (over anything), it's probably going to be an acquittal (unless the defendant is incredibly unsympathetic). OJ kept his mouth shut. Had he opened it, he'd have been fried. "Race" was an issue, but I think the media overplayed that card. Cochrane was a former prosecutor with an impressive conviction rate. It's an adversarial system. The defense raised reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

JT

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Im comfortable with my body, so dont mind showing it off. Apparantly thats a bad thing and causes guys to get insanely jealous and insecure with me. If Im at a bar and want to flash someone my tits to get a free drink, damnit I will.

Another issue is the nude photos. Um, you met me knowing I model nude, and I certainly am not going to stop if I dont want to.

But the biggest issue is my drinking and *gasp* my anger problems. You piss me off enough, then Im not responsible for hitting you over the head with a toaster. Geeze, all I ask for is respect, its not that hard guys!
    heh. you wouldnt happen to have a twin sister would you? why is it so hot to be psycho?
    and what boy could be angry at you for getting yourself free drinks? especially if you get him one as well

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Storytelling was actually a class at my previous law school that met the writing requirement. Juries tend to be swayed by emotion. If you want to win based on the law (or facts even) a bench trial is better. Juries are unpredictable and generally mocked by folks in the profession.

OJ defense was 50% storytelling + 50% disputing facts. It was close to over even before he put on the gloves. When you see a lead detective plead the fifth (over anything), it's probably going to be an acquittal (unless the defendant is incredibly unsympathetic). OJ kept his mouth shut. Had he opened it, he'd have been fried. "Race" was an issue, but I think the media overplayed that card. Cochrane was a former prosecutor with an impressive conviction rate. It's an adversarial system. The defense raised reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

JT
    I agree, everyone messed up there, was kinda sad to see. Oh well a good lesson in what not to do from the prosecution.

If you can't pound the law, pound the evidence, if you can't pound the evidence, pound the law, if you can't pound either ... pound the desk. One of my friends said that and they are probably quoting someone famous but I always found it funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite
    I agree, everyone messed up there, was kinda sad to see. Oh well a good lesson in what not to do from the prosecution.

If you can't pound the law, pound the evidence, if you can't pound the evidence, pound the law, if you can't pound either ... pound the desk. One of my friends said that and they are probably quoting someone famous but I always found it funny!
    I've heard it before somewhere. Dunno who said it. It is true.

JT

I've heard it before somewhere. Dunno who said it. It is true.

JT
    Seems a rather apt description of certain kinds of logical and rhetorical tactics used, not just in legal affairs, but in politics and many other aspects of life.

Pound the desk, raise your voice to the rafters, and, for God's Sake, don't let 'em see your lack of evidence, argument, or even a nickel to rub together, if need be.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    gettin' hit in the head with a toaster is just foreplay.

geez, what kinda wusses are you dating there Jax?
    Hah, you dont wanna know...

I finally got me one of them man creatures who treats me like a princess and doesnt take any shit. Hes straightening me out, instead of getting freaked out one time and taking off, haha.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman
    Ye should use a shovel, one o those clears shit loads of snow ones, if ur gonna smack someone, fuck, make it count.
    The toaster was much more convienent;]

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Those anger management classes really pissed me off.

JT
    Id probably commit mass murder if I ever had to actually sit through those, haha.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    heh. you wouldnt happen to have a twin sister would you? why is it so hot to be psycho?
    and what boy could be angry at you for getting yourself free drinks? especially if you get him one as well
    Haha, no...if I did have a twin wed kill each other. I certainly wouldnt want to deal with someone like me, I feel sorry for the people who like me, lol.

Naw, Im not too crazy psycho, but theres a fine line;]

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Jax and Scar, as far as I'm concerned, these dickheads who have a problem with you guys getting naked are just that... dickheads. They know it's what you do when they first meet you, and it's not something that should come between you!
    I've met too many people whose relationships are failing or have already failed, because one person starts to have trouble accepting the person for who they are. My ex boyfriend's sister in law causes too much trouble with her husband because she's starting to go in a different direction, whereas her husband is still the exact same person she married. And for some reason she has a problem with that. She's such a fucking bitch.

I love you both for who you are, and these guys who have a problem with you being who you really are, aren't worth the air that they breathe.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

The funny thing is...I sure dont hear any complaining or shit giving when I get naked for THEM! Haha.

And yeah, Im learning real quick how to ditch the losers;] Im sorry about your ex boyfriends sister in laws husband.

Bedlamite

* I tend to talk over people's heads, and because I look rather bitchy, they often take it as being condescending, instead of just painfully nerdy.

* I am really blunt, and a bit moody at times. If someone asks me for advice, I give them my barenaked opinion. If I get angry, I end up being a bit of a bulldog until I feel I've gotten my point across.

* Everyone thinks a viscous bitter friend is funny, until they get a faceful of viscous-bitter. lol.

* I'm not just one thing. I'm not utterly a dominant bitch, nor a cute little kitty. People want one or the other, rarely both.

* I'm self assured, but not that confident. When I need someone, I need them, I need their patience, I need reassurance. People freak when I need them.

* I'm honest with my likes and dislikes, and it makes people who are 'posing' to their likes and dislikes a bit uncomfortable or threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    * I tend to talk over people's heads, and because I look rather bitchy, they often take it as being condescending, instead of just painfully nerdy.

* I am really blunt, and a bit moody at times. If someone asks me for advice, I give them my barenaked opinion. If I get angry, I end up being a bit of a bulldog until I feel I've gotten my point across.

* Everyone thinks a viscous bitter friend is funny, until they get a faceful of viscous-bitter. lol.

* I'm not just one thing. I'm not utterly a dominant bitch, nor a cute little kitty. People want one or the other, rarely both.

* I'm self assured, but not that confident. When I need someone, I need them, I need their patience, I need reassurance. People freak when I need them.

* I'm honest with my likes and dislikes, and it makes people who are 'posing' to their likes and dislikes a bit uncomfortable or threatened.
    haha I think everyone wants a "switch" personally. Domming "doms" gets old and becomes a power struggle.

JT

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Im sorry about your ex boyfriends sister in laws husband.
    Dude, that sounds way more complicated than I thought haha. Yeah it's an awful situation, you know it's bad when you're at the pub with him and you say "Come on Pete I think it's time to go home now" and he says "Not yet she hasn't left for work yet" HAHA. Yes it truly is that bad. Oh well. Not my business.

wouldnt your ex's sister-in-law's husband be your ex's brother? that makes it a whole kabundle simpler

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

i refuse to change my opinions on some things
    no matter how hard you try to pursuade me
    they are mine and im not forcing them on anyone so i wont change to suite someone else

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    wouldnt your ex's sister-in-law's husband be your ex's brother? that makes it a whole kabundle simpler
    Haha, I tried to figure that out but my head started hurting.

Superna's Avatar Senior Member

Im highly demanding sexually ... but i don't get many complaints in that area But I do tend to be a little luscious .. if you know what i mean (mostly on the weekends and especially when Amelia and Forrest are in the room)

Sometimes I cut people off and I get kinda loud - on the verge of obnoxious

Luckily, I have a husband who shares all of my perversions .. so if there ever is a problem, we just work it out in "group therapy"

Bedlamite

haha I think everyone wants a "switch" personally. Domming "doms" gets old and becomes a power struggle.

JT
    Ehh, I think that's mostly people who think about it. Lets face it, most people spend alot of time on what they think they want, and not actually pondering anything practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Ehh, I think that's mostly people who think about it. Lets face it, most people spend alot of time on what they think they want, and not actually pondering anything practical.
    Oh I'm not saying they realize it.

JT

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

Where's the love?

Going out to me only makes sense if your getting paided to be there or if its past liqiuor store hours and you just need a beer,.. or if its like a friends band or your doing someone a favor but i dont follow the live performance crowd anymore so,.. why go out? At home I save gas and my car and my license,.. the beers cheaper,. and better ,.. fresher and colder I dont have to put up with some annoying 17 yr old baby fat girl that snuck into the club or bar with a fake ID asking me stupid reatrted questions all night,.. or saying shit like " I think your hott" while gesturing towards a dark secludedcorner we can fuck in while her friends record the whole thing on there cell phone cameras and put the shit up on you tube,. or just girls I have no interest in stare at me all night hoping I'll start conversation with them.
    Besides girls get in free and get free drinks as where guys are discriminated against. or expected to come out of pocket for.
    I hate how like if I say no I dont want to have sex with you,.. I'm an asshole for withholding my sex,.. but if it were the other way around the whole world would end.
    I'm ranting about things noone will care about.

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by P I L O T
    Where's the love?

Going out to me only makes sense if your getting paided to be there or if its past liqiuor store hours and you just need a beer,.. or if its like a friends band or your doing someone a favor but i dont follow the live performance crowd anymore so,.. why go out? At home I save gas and my car and my license,.. the beers cheaper,. and better ,.. fresher and colder I dont have to put up with some annoying 17 yr old baby fat girl that snuck into the club or bar with a fake ID asking me stupid reatrted questions all night,.. or saying shit like " I think your hott" while gesturing towards a dark secludedcorner we can fuck in while her friends record the whole thing on there cell phone cameras and put the shit up on you tube,. or just girls I have no interest in stare at me all night hoping I'll start conversation with them.
    Besides girls get in free and get free drinks as where guys are discriminated against. or expected to come out of pocket for.
    I hate how like if I say no I dont want to have sex with you,.. I'm an asshole for withholding my sex,.. but if it were the other way around the whole world would end.
    I'm ranting about things noone will care about.
    im a broke-ass white bitch i love getting in and getting drinks for free just because i got a twat and clevage....
    guy become trannys and you might get in for the same reason
    or are you not that desperate?

Quote Originally Posted by P I L O T
    girls I have no interest in stare at me all night hoping I'll start conversation with them.
    i always wonder why girls never start the conversations. hell, i like my girls aggressive, if you come on to me in the first place youll straight up give yourself bonus points, whether i was already eyeing you up or not

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Im wit you both, im a "if you want it, come get it" kinda guy, but unless the beers flowin little 17yr old baby fat girl aint gettin shit regardless.

I have alot of female friends and when we all go out im sometimes the only guy, sometimes very good, others not so, when we all pile into a club, im the only one stopped and asked to pay, oh sorry musta missed the "free if u have tits and a fanny" sign, argh! One girl i know regular goes out wit just a tenna and gets in free all night and gets suckers to buy her booze, then when they think there in she just cuts em dead and says, just coz u got me a drink doesnt mean u gettin any thing alse!

But like u said if u say no thanks, they call u an arsehole, or say ur full of yourself, its simple, no offence meant but what follows is true,
    any women big, small, hot or not can get laid, fact.
    Its simple, if u just wanna get laid u can find a guy whos willing, he might be no oil paintin but u can find one, for a guy even that troll in the corner can turn him down, soz but its true.

+ Reply to Thread