+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homeland Secuirty High School

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Homeland Secuirty High School

Chris Colin, who wrote this short article Mother Jones, says: "Extremely quietly, a Maryland school district has launched the first public high school in the country dedicated to teaching homeland security.

Full Story

I have to wonder - Will the school uniforms be brown shirts and slacks with black ties?

~K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Homeland Secuirty High School

high school is the best time to brainwash..I mean prepare, someone for that line of work

Love Volrath's comment about including Arabic, "or some other non-traditional, Third World-type language" as part of the course work at the high school.

Sure, many terrorists are Arabs, or other "Third World" types.

On the other hand, I've two names that Mr. Volrath and his ilk seem to have forgotten-Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, both of whom were All-American, home-grown, USDA approved, terrorists and mass murderers.

Then, you've the idiots like John Walker Lindh and the current Al-Qaida media spokesman, Adam Gadhan, aka Azzam the American, who, while ineffectual, may, along with a minority of European and European-American Muslim converts, be the forerunners of a new angle by which Al-Qaida and company could try to take down US interests and institutions.

But, if Mr. Volrath's remarks are any indication of the doctrines to be taught in this high school's Homeland Security courses, those won't be mentioned, or given damned short shrift in the process.

There are plenty of European-Americans, African-Americans, Latinos, Asian-Americans, Native Americans, and others out there who are plenty steamed at the US government and its policies, and can quite probably be found over much of the political and religious spectrum, but, especially on the Far Left and Far Right.

If there are enough with a sufficiently militant ideology, sense of having absolutely nothing at all to lose, and enough money, equipment and training to launch an urban, or other, terrorist campaign here, they'll do it.

They may self-destruct, or prove to be as ill-led and unintentionally silly as the Weathermen or the SLA were in the late '60's and early '70's, and end up either dead, imprisoned or on the run.

But, for a time at least, they will catch the American government at all levels, sittin' on the toilet with its pants down 'round its ankles, its panties in a bunch, and a thumb stuck in its big, fat mouth, sayin', just like a surprised Looney Tunes character, "Wha' Happen??!!"

Sometimes, the usual suspects are the ones to round up.

But, if one gets too caught up in whatever is the given standard operational description of a terrorist, one can end up like an unfunny Elmer Fudd, chasing someone who isn't in front of him or her, and, all the while, a real one's waiting to pop him or her right in the back of the head.

Education and profiles may be useful tools.

But, if they're based on incorrect or out-dated assumptions, then, they can be worse than useless, and, in the case of fighting terrorism of any sort, potentially deadly.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I think what scares me most about this is that its a brainwashing tool designed around an essentially invisible internal/external threat.

I could go into this in great length but really I don;t see a point.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I think what scares me most about this is that its a brainwashing tool designed around an essentially invisible internal/external threat.

I could go into this in great length but really I don;t see a point.

~K
    Keiko: Personally speaking, I would like to see more of what you think about this issue and why.

As for the length, well, I figure as long as you don't approach the level of some of MY epic postings here , you should be more than fine in whatever you do post.

+ Reply to Thread