+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever gotten a DUI?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Have you ever gotten a DUI?

Have you ever gotten a DUI?

I sure did. It was about 5 years ago. My license had been suspended for not paying a speeding ticket and I had just gotten it back. I was out with my friends and offered to drive, as the actual designated driver was smashed. Why you ask? Cause I thought it would be entertaining if he got trashed, so I offered to drive for him. And it was entertaining. It was sooooo entertaining until I got in his car and literally pulled out of the parking spot when the sirens went off. The fucking cops were just sitting there waiting for people to come out of the bar and pulling them over. I went to jail for the night and they confiscated all my belongings cause they could be used as weapons (lacing on corset, could b used for hanging. stilettos, used for killing etc). I bunked with a hooker and they fed us eggs and sausage for breakfast. Being a vegetarian I gave her mine, she scarfed it down like she hadn't eaten in a week. Then I had to go to court and all these classes and a bunch of other shit, spend thousands of dollars, yadda yadda. So I don't recommend it. I have not driven drunk since then. Actually I am not allowed to drive with even the blood alcohol level detected when I have cough syrup. So I am either a designated driver or a drunken passenger nowadays.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: Have you ever gotten a DUI?

good call. most things i dont care if people do drunk or not, but driving... fuck that.
    but... i dont have my liscence or anything, so i dont drive heh...
    dont really drink either... not really interested in drinking most times :S dunno why.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I havent, but probably should have quite a few times.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I have a clean record.

JT

I honestly don't care what goes into me, but if what I do has the potential to harm (let alone kill) someone else, it's out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    I honestly don't care what goes into me, but if what I do has the potential to harm (let alone kill) someone else, it's out of the question.
    Which is pretty much every single drug you could take. Since it puts you in an altered state you can very easily lose control of yourself and inadvertently hurt someone else. You already know my rant on drug use supporting crime which hurts other people.

To answer the main question, No I've never had a DUI. Why the thought of driving a car after you've been drinking or are intoxicated enters anyones mind is up to Darwin to explain.

I don't think the penalty is harsh enough.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

There are times I certainly could have, but not so far.

I sometimes wonder how a class action lawsuit would do against the state for allowing bars to close at two but shutting down public transport at midnight. It just seems really logical to give people a way to safely get home without having to cab it everywhere on a night out. I know an insane number of people who drive over the BA line just because there aren't really a lot of options. If you leave your car anywhere near a club, it's going to get towed and not everybody has enough friends to get one to stay with them sober all night.

Fortunately I can walk to most of the clubs nearby.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

You hit the nail on the head Forrest...

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

Clean record. I have seen enough of those near & dear to me pay out the nose for it. I generally don't go out to much or go close to home when I do so I can either walk or take a taxi. I would feel horrible if fucked someone up so I am glad I don't anymore.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, I watched friends get nailed, and it was EXPENSIVE, and a pain in the ass. So yeah, I try to take it easy if I am the one driving. If I am being driven, all bets are off... That's the best thing about having friends over to your place. You can get as drunk as you want!

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Clean record.

Drive drunk in a car, you kill someone else.
    Drive drunk on a motorcycle, you lose a limb or worse....

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

no dui here

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i don't drive so that solves that.

A friend of mine lost the use of the lower half of his body earlier this week when he and another friend of mine went to the shop for yogurt and soda. Three pm and they were t-boned by a drunk. Fucked up.

~K

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    i don't drive so that solves that.

A friend of mine lost the use of the lower half of his body earlier this week when he and another friend of mine went to the shop for yogurt and soda. Three pm and they were t-boned by a drunk. Fucked up.

~K
    I'm always contemplating ridding myself of the car. I don't drive much, but there are times it can be difficult without one. I didn't drive between 01-05.

JT

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Well I don't drive because Cars and Trees don't get along. And I think someone offended the mailbox cause it jumped in... it got ugly.

~K

Clean Record as well..and ive drivin all over the US (sober mind you!) I wont go behind the wheel under anything. But out of all the years and miles ive put traveling back and forth through the US, ive never even been pulled over..ever. *_*

Extempus's Avatar Member

I never have, I try to be responsible. I have a drink maybe once every few months, so it's not a problem.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

No but I have yet to own a drivers license ... so ...

Also probably would be totally paranoid about it as my parents used to drive drunk or stoned whenever they felt like it and it scared the crap out of me as a kid.

It's pretty god-damn easy now with the .08 bullshit. It's fucking ridiculous. I don't even start having fun till I've had a few.

+ Reply to Thread