+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hiya guys!

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default hiya guys!

finally got myself a new computer and thought I'd ay hi to everyone. missed you all. things are btter hereI tink...got a new job working around something i really enjoy, swords, and am working t spirit as well (I love halloween) sorry it took so long t get new compy, been a long story. good to see you guys again thuogh.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: hiya guys!

hey, been a while, good to see you

good t be back. hve to settle for dial up right now though. lol

dial up....the horror...the horror

isa cross we all must bare at some point or another lol. besides, brother mans gota get his comic books somehow...te new tankgirl dont just growon trees yaknow

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Tankgirls don't grow on trees ... /pout

Welcome back but not sure I met you first time around.

Glad to have you back Malcolm!

Hi Malcolm. That's a bad-ass job. Let's see some swords!

well...lets see here....I have currently two daishos...(set of kayana wakizashi and tanto) one in red the other in gold-unfortunately they are merely stainless steel...440 grade all the same though which is good and will take/keep and edge to em and a beauty 10-65 high carbon steel tanto made by masahiro along wqith three iron tsubas, six gilded shurikens and a few pocket pals I like to call suzy(a red handled balisong) and sally (a black handled italian stilletti switch blade)

well...lets see here....I have currently two daishos...(set of kayana wakizashi and tanto) one in red the other in gold-unfortunately they are merely stainless steel...440 grade all the same though which is good and will take/keep and edge to em and a beauty 10-65 high carbon steel tanto made by masahiro along wqith three iron tsubas, six gilded shurikens and a few pocket pals I like to call suzy(a red handled balisong) and sally (a black handled italian stilletti switch blade)

sorry, internet fucked up on me. damned dial up.

good ol japanese swords, not too big a fan myself, but I do got an old WW2 officers sword and it's the only sword I have absolutely no worries about chopping firewood with...it's looks like about a dozen layers laminated(not folded and such) of frikkin good steel

well, id hang onto it if its truelly japanese steel, the great country of japan put a ban on japanese steel allowing only residents of the island who have antiquers licenses to own it, you can't even leave the country legally with it now. mine are all chinese. masahiro was an apprentice of paul chen who studied in japan then moved to china. oh...p.s: don't chop with it, japanese swords are designed for slicing, not hacking.

did not know about that ban, and yeah it is japanese, old and sort of crudely made, like they had to make a lot of them quickly, so probably not an 'officers' sword could be a privates sword but still impressive, especialy when you realize it'll do whatever's required of it and last

it may be damascus steel. if its ww2, its likely. and yeah...youd be surprised how many cocky bastards come in not knowing about the ban and try to sound like they know something.....lol. my favorite line si whent hey try to sound impressive by saying they study bushido. roflmao. bushido is not a form of martial arts, its just the code of ethics and conduct the samurai lived by.

Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite
    Tankgirls don't grow on trees ... /pout

Welcome back but not sure I met you first time around.
    i know and its a really good series too! just started, should be at issue four. writ by alan c scott and wonderfuly illustrated by ashley wood. it looks very badass kinda flcl ish.

I've heard the bushido thing too, been a while though.......it's not 'damascuss', it's a bunch of layers heated up and power hammered together, very industrial process, you can see that it was made by someone who knew what they were doing except that they used no unnecassery finnesse, the scabard is cast steel or iron, it's too heavy to be much else, it's a weapon too

yea, damascus isreally just the process the japanese used b combining different grades of steel (which coms form iron) and then heating,shocking and pounding them over and over again(folding) w get them in fromtme to time. none right now but wejust sold few msa iro tantos that were damascus a few weeks back. gorgeousfucking blades to! they wereall full tng an traditionall double pinned ito a wdden hilt which was then covered in black ray skin and wrappedin silk cording and it was all put into a bonny of a piano aquered wodden scabbard...mmmmmmmm....oops! blade boner! lol

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

omg swoooordy... sounds like an awesome job, and welcome back malcolm we missed yah!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    omg swoooordy... sounds like an awesome job, and welcome back malcolm we missed yah!!
    thanks and i msed you guys too...well, most of you guys anyway lol. yeah its a cool job, lets just hope i can kep it, its been a shitty year for me with jobs. spirit is fun and hectic-did that last year too then i got hosed at dollar tree and then layed off at atomic comics...ugh. if i didnt get to work at spirit again this year along with the sword shop id still be saving up for this compy.

+ Reply to Thread